PDA

View Full Version : New Apple iPhone 4...worth a shot?

raynaputi
9th June 2010, 02:07
The newest of the Apple products...iPhone 4...take a look and see if it's worth it this time :Erm: :D

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

FHngLJ0RlNg

btw, Jony Ive (Senior VP-Design) is really handsome! hahahaha :t11t2: :hubbahubba:

marlyn&kenny
9th June 2010, 04:32
lol is it the designer or the iphone?:icon_lol:
for a married woman like me, i would not spend that much:omg: for a very high tech phone.. i would rather save it for my daughter's future:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

stevewool
9th June 2010, 06:39
well said marlyn , its a phone and thats it save your money and you said your daughter????? is that what you are having

KeithD
9th June 2010, 09:51
Although Apple for the first time in it's history are actually catching up with the other high end phone models, they still lag a little behind HTC phones. Still expensive for an MP3 player with a phone though :rolleyes:

raynaputi
9th June 2010, 10:37
lol is it the designer or the iphone?:icon_lol:

It's Jony Ive for me...hahahahahaha :t11t2: :D

sars_notd_virus
9th June 2010, 10:52
btw, Jony Ive (Senior VP-Design) is really handsome! hahahaha :t11t2: :hubbahubba:

watta great deal!!!!:yikes: Jony Ive comes free with the i-fone:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

raynaputi
9th June 2010, 11:04
watta great deal!!!!:yikes: Jony Ive comes free with the i-fone:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

How I wish Mari! If he comes for free, I'd definitely buy all the Apple products! hahahahaha :laughitupsmilie: :D

sparky
9th June 2010, 19:06
i will be getting one as soon as its released in the UK- i am due an upgrade as my contact has expired and it will also mean i can pass my old iphone onto myrna when shes here

kill two birds with one stone :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

i think once you have had an iphone you dont really consider any others

Englishman2010
9th June 2010, 21:59
Although Apple for the first time in it's history are actually catching up with the other high end phone models, they still lag a little behind HTC phones. Still expensive for an MP3 player with a phone though :rolleyes:

I agree, I got a HTC last November, it's on contract until this Nov, I will almost certainly upgrade for another HTC. I think i-phone contracts are a min of 2 years aren't they?

I do use the on line functions on my HTC all the time. Work and personal e-mails, the internet to catch up on BBC news and sadly my FB updates. I also use it all the time for Skype, Yahoo and Google talk if I get a message from the East and I'm not at my PC.

I know the i-phone does all those things too, but I prefer Google's Android O/S because it links seemlessly with my Gmail and Gtalk accounts. I can also back up my SMS messages to Gmail, which may come in handy at a later date if I'm ever asked to provide them for a future fiancee visa.

sparky
9th June 2010, 22:09
O2 just emailed me - upgrades from the 24th June:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

btw -O2 do 18 month contracts also

Dedworth
9th June 2010, 22:29
I've a dislike of any Apple Products and Experiences

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?22134-Apple-to-unveil-new-product&highlight=apple

malditako
10th June 2010, 10:57
i will be getting one as soon as its released in the UK- i am due an upgrade as my contact has expired and it will also mean i can pass my old iphone onto myrna when shes here

kill two birds with one stone :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

i think once you have had an iphone you dont really consider any others

same as with hubby as his contract will expire soon...from old iphone to new iphone...cant wait to use the new one :icon_lol:

Northerner
25th June 2010, 17:51
Seems the new Apple iPhone 4 has a major flaw.. The metal chassis acts as the antenna and holding it the "wrong way" reduces the signal, killing off any 3G connections.

BBC Story Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8761240.stm)

The worst thing about it is the official line from Apple, "avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band". Otherwise translated as "Ooops, we messed up there".

So glad I got my HTC Desire a few weeks ago.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
25th June 2010, 17:57
i want a HTC phone too! Can someone here give me one??? Hahahahahahaha.. :Rasp: :D

joebloggs
25th June 2010, 18:20
i think i'll get one of these, :crazy: idea, it allows you to speak to other people :doh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptbJZ9HBw2k

stevewool
25th June 2010, 18:28
well said a phone a phone to contact people

Northerner
25th June 2010, 18:39
My HTC Desire has a program on it called "Latitude". Basically, it links with Google Maps and if I choose any friends to be able to see me on latitude. They can literally see from a similar phone exactly where I am in the world, to within a few metres or so (assuming my phone is switched on).

So a question to all the ladies on here... Wouldn't you like your husband to have such a phone so you could know where he was at any given time - day or night??????? :icon_lol:

A phone is becoming far more than just a phone. A Sat Nav, portable MP3 player, Camera, Social Networking hub.........

KeithD
25th June 2010, 18:51
iCan someone here give me one???

Form an orderly queue lads!!! :laugher:

sparky
25th June 2010, 18:51
well i queued at the O2 shop on thursday morning but they ran out beforen they got to me- they only had 20 phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since i had been there since before 8am i was a lil pi**ed off:cwm23:

Northerner
25th June 2010, 19:00
Quick question... I have an old iPhone 2G I am sending over to Rizza in a few weeks, was using it till I got the HTC Desire.

Will she have to pay tax on it?

Dedworth
25th June 2010, 20:23
Seems the new Apple iPhone 4 has a major flaw.. The metal chassis acts as the antenna and holding it the "wrong way" reduces the signal, killing off any 3G connections.

BBC Story Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8761240.stm)

The worst thing about it is the official line from Apple, "avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band". Otherwise translated as "Ooops, we messed up there".

So glad I got my HTC Desire a few weeks ago.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Brilliant then they have the cheek to charge mug buyers to rectify their crap design

"Apple sells a rubber "bumper" that shields the sensitive area as do many other firms.

:laugher:

KeithD
17th July 2010, 09:43
So Apple spent a fortune slimming down the product, and to fix the signal problem they issue a software fix to fiddle the reception bars down (which is strange as on a previous Iphone they changed it so they displayed more!!!), and also offer to give away a free case.... which makes it bulky like a 90's mobile :doh

I never had a single dropped call no matter how I hold it on my HTC's over the years, not even in the Mersey Tunnel :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shares have dropped a few $Billion.

joebloggs
17th July 2010, 10:18
I never had a single dropped call no matter how I hold it on my HTC's over the years, not even in the Mersey Tunnel :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i bet when you phone your scouser mates doing time, their HTC still works hidden in their :action-smiley-081:

i bought an archos mp3 player from a supermarket 5wks ago, and now its dead :censored: :cwm23:, it only cost £35 but you would expect more than 5wks, and i've got no reciept and Archos dont handle returns :NoNo:

anyway yesterday i got a ipod nano 5th gen from work for free , :xxgrinning--00xx3:

after xx years i've got an apple product :icon_lol:
better than the archos but then the ipod is 4 times dearer

but i still would not go out of my way to buy an apple product :D

pennybarry
17th July 2010, 10:34
The cheapest for Vodafone is £30/mo. :omg:
If Lebara will offer for Pay as u go, I'll think of it as they have simcard with free internet plus 4p per minute call to Pinas.:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
17th July 2010, 10:54
but i still would not go out of my way to buy an apple product :D

Steve Jobs won't lose any sleep Joe - there are thousands of suckers out there :icon_lol:

joebloggs
17th July 2010, 11:04
:icon_lol: one of the few times i agree with you,

the best mp3 player i had was a cheapo chinese branded one, it did everything and only cost £40, but my little gal lost it :cwm24:

i see microsoft are taking the:piss2: out of Apple :icon_lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/7891810/iPhone-4-woe-is-Apples-Vista-moment-says-Microsoft-executive.html

somebody
17th July 2010, 12:09
So Apple spent a fortune slimming down the product, and to fix the signal problem they issue a software fix to fiddle the reception bars down (which is strange as on a previous Iphone they changed it so they displayed more!!!), and also offer to give away a free case.... which makes it bulky like a 90's mobile :doh

Shares have dropped a few $Billion.

The software issue they admitted to has now caused a lot of problems for A&T as people were complaining of no bars and lost calls. Then the newer Iphones seemed to have more bars but with the same basic design even the older ones once the software was upgraded reception appeared to indicate it had improved with more bars...

A&T started advertising this new improved network more bars or whatever it was and then the truth was revealed..

One thing in our section of the office we have noticed (as people with an engineering background we did look into in detail) is Iphone/i touchs cause havoc with wifi routers. Basically in our office per area we have a router which has an open internet connection. Which those with phones can connect to save biting into dataplans as all the providers stop turning a blind eye to people go over there allocation.

With a mixture of nokias, samsungs and htc's everyone was happy with one iphone we had people having issues logging into dhcp when another person bought an iphone in the problem got worse..
It appears to affect most brands of routers (we tried d link, cisco linksys and netgear models) Now when we introduced a few itouchs to the mix the problem got so bad people started blocking the mac addresses of iphones trying to connect.

At home the wifes itouch when it connects to the wifi router causes al sorts of issues which none of the countless other wifi devices we have running cause.

Ipads have the same problem with releasing and renewing there ip address it appears when one of the people in the office did some research.

Plus its well known it seems with networks that part of the Iphone powersaving function of dropping connections and picking up when needed causes issues with some parts of their networks.

Apple make wonderful ui's and are masters of marketing but in some areas im surprised how poor their skills are and this includes some of their in house IT systems:omg:

sparky
17th July 2010, 14:21
well i have one- not too different from my old 3G iphone but i was due an upgrade so didnt cost me anything and it has video now which can be useful

but then i have an imac ipod classic and an ipad also so i guess i am one of those countless suckers who buy into apple

i will get me coat :NoNo:

KeithD
17th July 2010, 14:42
Woohooo .... video.... I've had that on the HTC since 2005 :Erm: :D

sparky
17th July 2010, 19:33
Woohooo .... video.... I've had that on the HTC since 2005 :Erm: :D
yes and i have had it on my other phones also

however the 3G iphone didnt have it which is what i was pointing out in a less than sarcastic way

KeithD
17th July 2010, 19:40
I wonder when 5G comes out so we can watch video before it's even been made :crazy:

raynaputi
17th July 2010, 19:55
I wonder when 5G comes out so we can watch video before it's even been made :crazy:

:laughitupsmilie::laugher:

Dedworth
12th August 2010, 20:41
Apple fire Engineering Chief over antenna fiasco

Apple iPhone 4 engineering chief quits in wake of 'Antennagate'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1301471/Apple-iPhone-4-engineering-chief-quits-wake-Antennagate.html#ixzz0wQH5Wm4l