PDA

View Full Version : I do not get emails re new post, any suggestions

johncar54
7th June 2010, 12:42
Althpugh I click 'advanced' and tick 'instant email notice' recently I have not been receiving the emails. Any ideas pow I can correct this?

Thanks John

walesrob
7th June 2010, 17:36
Althpugh I click 'advanced' and tick 'instant email notice' recently I have not been receiving the emails. Any ideas pow I can correct this?

Thanks John

Which email service are you using?

KeithD
7th June 2010, 20:13
Anyone else getting/not getting them??? They are being sent from the forum.

SteveL
7th June 2010, 21:02
I Googled your problem and come up with the following 10 most likely scenarios:
1) Management dont like you
2) You smell
3) You have no idea how to use a computer
4) It's a conspiracy
5) The Government are messing with your head
6) It is an error either by the communicator or, failing that, the communicatee
7) The transwarp conduit has caused a heat shield failure to the main deflector dish which in turn has depolarised the dylithium chamber causing a cascade failure of the nacelles
8) The gerbil in your computer is asleep
9) The widgit's broke
10) It's a secret never to be told

I suggest you call Fred Dibnah.

Whilst Googling the above, i discovered that Postman Pat has now officially retired.........he will henceforth be known as Pat. :Rasp:

They're coming to take me away you know, they're coming to take me away !!!!:Rasp:

fred
8th June 2010, 01:58
I suggest you call Fred Dibnah.

I thought he was dead? Have you got his number?

johncar54
8th June 2010, 07:35
Anyone else getting/not getting them??? They are being sent from the forum.

I am using hotmail.

Keith, what is the domain name of the emails I should receive? I will check, maybe I have accidentially blocked it.

Thanks John

KeithD
8th June 2010, 09:39
...anything from @filipinaroses.com :xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
9th June 2010, 11:43
Thanks Keith.

I sent you a personal message asking if you would please send me an email from an @filipinaroses.com so that I could see if the problem is at my end (in that the messages are being blocked). I have checked my settings and that does not appear to be the reason.

Thanks again, John

Dedworth
10th June 2010, 07:37
System seems intermittent, a few alert mails came through yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks

KeithD
10th June 2010, 08:57
They all get sent ... sometimes they are bounced back by peoples ISP's, some blocked by Spam filters along the way. Depends what is in the post and whether it is flagged up as spam or not :doh

johncar54
10th June 2010, 14:39
I have solved the probklem.

Instead of going to 'advanced' I just save as 'quick reply.' I now get the emails, but I don't know why when I am not requiesting them now !!!!