PDA

View Full Version : Outrage at appointment of cover-up Cardinal to abuse inquiry panel

aposhark
6th June 2010, 01:11
http://www.secularism.org.uk/outrage-at-appointment-of-cover.html

bornatbirth
6th June 2010, 15:46
do you have one of these :icon_lol: http://www.secularism.org.uk/debaptise-yourself.html

subseastu
6th June 2010, 16:09
What a great website. Finally someone talking sense. Wish I'd heard of it before

aposhark
6th June 2010, 16:17
do you have one of these :icon_lol: http://www.secularism.org.uk/debaptise-yourself.html

Thanks a lot for the heads up on this, what a great idea :Jump:

Now I just have to find out if I was baptised.
The last thing I remember about the Catholic church as a kid was my mother chasing two priests up the garden path in no uncertain terms.
I remember that looking very funny to me as a 5 year old.
It was very difficult for them to run trying to hitch their dresses up :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
6th June 2010, 16:27
What a great website. Finally someone talking sense. Wish I'd heard of it before

Yeah, I agree.
Looks like they saved the British taxpayers a fortune as the vatican didn't want to dig deep into their pockets.

triple5
6th June 2010, 16:38
The last thing I remember about the Catholic church as a kid was my mother chasing two priests up the garden path in no uncertain terms.
I remember that looking very funny to me as a 5 year old.
It was very difficult for them to run trying to hitch their dresses up :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Why was she chasing them up the path? :Erm:

aposhark
6th June 2010, 17:07
Why was she chasing them up the path? :Erm:

Because she pulled me out of a Catholic school (She was COE) because she thought the standard of schooling was very poor as the children had to spend too much time learning about the church instead of learning important things.
The priests didn't like this defection at all and started on one of their holier than thou rants.
She told them exactly what she thought of them and their apparent hearing difficulties.
I remember her telling them they had no right to tell families what to do, especially as they had no experience with a real family anyway.

I was talking to a friend in Baltimore, USA one day and told him this and he told me his mother rescued him too, as the priests made the boys swim naked in the school swimming pool. He was still sick to his stomach 30 years later at their antics.

Arthur Little
6th June 2010, 18:42
:cwm24: Cardinal 'Cormac' Murphy O'Connor, eh? :omg: In the circumstances, :rolleyes: 'Cardinal CARAMAC' would seem an appropriate nickname for this illustrious prelate ... appointed by the Vatican to "sweeten-up" what is a bitter pill :vomit-smiley-011: for the Catholic Church to swallow!

bornatbirth
6th June 2010, 23:35
Thanks a lot for the heads up on this, what a great idea :Jump:

considering your opposition to religion, im very surprised to find that your still baptised into the church, surely you would of had that changed long ago when you became enlightened :Erm:

i wouldnt go that, sounds to me like fundamentalists just making stuff up :D:D

aposhark
7th June 2010, 19:38
considering your opposition to religion, im very surprised to find that your still baptised into the church, surely you would of had that changed long ago when you became enlightened :Erm: :D:D

I became "enlightened" (as you imply) when I was a young lad, so why waste time before with something that was not important :icon_lol:

gWaPito
7th June 2010, 19:43
considering your opposition to religion, im very surprised to find that your still baptised into the church, surely you would of had that changed long ago when you became enlightened :Erm:

i wouldnt go that, sounds to me like fundamentalists just making stuff up :D:D

I agree Bornabirth, it would also explain why Apo chose the path he has.
Its like the football team you support, for example I support Swindon because my Dad did.
I didn't like JWitnesses because my family didn't.

When reading Apo's post it brought back memories of my Dad giving chase to 2 witnesses.

Un beknown to us kids, dad saw them walking up our path and thought he would play a joke on them.
Mum answered the front door and then Dad started shouting to himself in the kitchen, got the bread knife and poured tomato sauce over it and ran out the backdoor like a madman.
Needless to say, the witnesses took to there toes.

I didn't really understand my Dad's dislike for them until a few years later, but it didn't stop me disliking them up until I found out why.
Parents can instil much in a child, right or wrong

aposhark
8th June 2010, 19:52
I agree Bornabirth, it would also explain why Apo chose the path he has.

No it would not :yikes:
You know me as much as I know you :Brick:

I started to dislike religion with all it's falsehoods as I travelled the world and saw what effects religion had wreaked.

I travelled for 22 years and the more I saw, the more disgust religion invoked in me.

Like most people in the UK, religion has gradually been seen for what it really is - brainwashing and the cause of so many deaths in our lifetimes and previously.

gWaPito
8th June 2010, 20:45
No it would not :yikes:
You know me as much as I know you :Brick:

I started to dislike religion with all it's falsehoods as I travelled the world and saw what effects religion had wreaked.

I travelled for 22 years and the more I saw, the more disgust religion invoked in me.

Like most people in the UK, religion has gradually been seen for what it really is - brainwashing and the cause of so many deaths in our lifetimes and previously.

I'm not saying I do know you but, you tend to like the sound of your own posts, you can tell alot about by reading between the lines.

All because the Church of England Churches are empty on Sundays, does not mean all the others are!!!
The Catholic and Mormon Churches are doing a roaring trade in Swindon as they are in most parts of the UK
So, this bit about 'Like most people in the UK see it for what it really is, brainwashing'
Apo you really are talkinh out the top of your head.

I can't remember anybody rattling your cage. It is you doing all the chest beating.

Oh, one more thing, you can not blame the deaths in our lifetime and before on religion.
It is the fanatics that use religion as a tool
You used that old chesnut before then win to win put that right.

aposhark
8th June 2010, 21:14
I'm not saying I do know you but, you tend to like the sound of your own posts, you can tell alot about by reading between the lines.

All because the Church of England Churches are empty on Sundays, does not mean all the others are!!!
The Catholic and Mormon Churches are doing a roaring trade in Swindon as they are in most parts of the UK
So, this bit about 'Like most people in the UK see it for what it really is, brainwashing'
Apo you really are talkinh out the top of your head.

I can't remember anybody rattling your cage. It is you doing all the chest beating.

Oh, one more thing, you can not blame the deaths in our lifetime and before on religion.
It is the fanatics that use religion as a tool
You used that old chesnut before then win to win put that right.

FACT - Christianity is decling in the UK
FACT - Religion has caused many deaths in our lifetime

If you have no comprehension of this, you have a severe lack of historical facts.

I don't beat my chest, I just have no time for religion and believe that religious types should be aware that they "are talkinh out the top of your head".
To dispel this, go on show the world any proof of a "god" or a "jesus".

Rather than go on ad-infinitum, perhaps when you have any proof, begin a new thread and enlighten everyone :-)

gWaPito
9th June 2010, 16:37
FACT - Christianity is decling in the UK
FACT - Religion has caused many deaths in our lifetime

If you have no comprehension of this, you have a severe lack of historical facts.

I don't beat my chest, I just have no time for religion and believe that religious types should be aware that they "are talkinh out the top of your head".
To dispel this, go on show the world any proof of a "god" or a "jesus".

Rather than go on ad-infinitum, perhaps when you have any proof, begin a new thread and enlighten everyone :-)

I have faith (trust) in God.

I also think this thread is losing you fans, you are starting to sound foolish.

You keep saying 'us', 'everyone' even the 'world' as if its me against every living soul. For goodness sake man, get a grip of yourself.

It is only you getting effected. You state you don't have time for religion then, why are you banging on about it.
Note, no question mark.

I have peace in my heart, how about you.

All I feel from you and all others like you is resentment towards us Christians.

How about, live and let live huh.

Oh and by the way it is God and Jesus, not as you spelt it, although you know that.
No need to be rude and disrespectful whatever your beliefs are.

I hope all goes well with your wife's forth coming birth, you are both very lucky people.

Lets just agree to disagree:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
9th June 2010, 21:41
I have faith (trust) in God.

I also think this thread is losing you fans, you are starting to sound foolish.
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: zzzzzzz
You keep saying 'us', 'everyone' even the 'world' as if its me against every living soul. For goodness sake man, get a grip of yourself.
Not in a public forum, I may get arrested :icon_lol:
It is only you getting effected. You state you don't have time for religion then, why are you banging on about it.
Note, no question mark.
Why denotes a question....hmmmm
I have peace in my heart, how about you.
Yup
All I feel from you and all others like you is resentment towards us Christians.

How about, live and let live huh.
I have stated my reasons many times
Oh and by the way it is God and Jesus, not as you spelt it, although you know that.
No need to be rude and disrespectful whatever your beliefs are.
Quit the religious stuff and concentrate on more important matters like Filipinas for example

I hope all goes well with your wife's forth coming birth, you are both very lucky people.

Lets just agree to disagree:xxgrinning--00xx3:

There are so many good things to post about here.