PDA

View Full Version : cant open anything

marlyn&kenny
4th June 2010, 14:20
:NoNo:
Hi guys! i didnt know what went wrong, today when i click files(any icon) on my desk top it wont open, a prompt pop up saying "choose the program you want to use to open this file" :Brick::Brick:

Cant figure it out how to fix this! :Cuckoo: pls help! thanks!

pennybarry
4th June 2010, 15:01
Try to RIGHT CLICK the file,
Then browse to OPEN WITH and click what program you want to open.

photo file open with
Paint
Picture viewer
Windows Photo Gallery

KeithD
4th June 2010, 15:07
Reboot first, as one of the windows file may not have loaded correctly ...... do a System Restore .... Do a full Chkdsk on the main drive. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marlyn&kenny
5th June 2010, 06:44
Try to RIGHT CLICK the file,
Then browse to OPEN WITH and click what program you want to open.
that's really pissed me off coz it ask me to browse or choose program to use. like disk clean up etc.:doh

photo file open with
Paint
Picture viewer
Windows Photo Gallery

Reboot first, as one of the windows file may not have loaded correctly ...... do a System Restore .... Do a full Chkdsk on the main drive. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I tried to do the system restore but the same thing pop up, "choose the program to use to open this file":NoNo: :Brick: i could only open my web browse which s firefox coz i was able to use the same program but for the rest like system restore,disk clean etc. cant find the correct program to open it.. i even tried to resolve by following the resolution suggested by microsoft online, was able to download it but when i click RUN, it says application not found!!!:NoNo:

KeithD
5th June 2010, 09:16
Boot in SAFE MODE then use RUN and enter %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe That runs System Restore.

Failing that boot from the OS disk amd run a REPAIR (the 2nd one, not the first one if it's XP)

marlyn&kenny
5th June 2010, 09:28
Boot in SAFE MODE then use RUN and enter %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe That runs System Restore.

Failing that boot from the OS disk amd run a REPAIR (the 2nd one, not the first one if it's XP)

thanks boss!:xxgrinning--00xx3: i'll try to do that:)