PDA

View Full Version : "Ohh ~ What A Beautiful Mornin'...

Arthur Little
3rd June 2010, 11:29
~ oh ~ what a beautiful day, :sunshine:
I've got a fore~boding feelin' - :cwm24:
Everything's NOT goin' my way ... " :nono-1-1:

... because there's no longer any excuse :raining: for staying indoors - when I should be out in the garden weeding! :doh

- With apologies to Rodgers & Hammersteins' 'Oklahoma'.

bornatbirth
3rd June 2010, 11:48
its sunny here too! :)

just make sure your wearing a hat when your weeding, oh well seems like you knew this day was coming :Erm: :D

Arthur Little
3rd June 2010, 11:56
":Erm: ... yes, dear, :icon_sorry: ... anything you say, dear - I'm on my way ... !" :Bolt:

bornatbirth
3rd June 2010, 11:58
am i sounding like your wife :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
3rd June 2010, 12:07
am i sounding like your wife :icon_lol:

Ah, my friend ... you're already streaks ahead :Bolt: of ME, in doing as you're bidden!

raynaputi
3rd June 2010, 12:14
while it's all :sunshine: out there, it's been :raining: most of the time today here in Manila..which makes me more :yawn:

Arthur Little
3rd June 2010, 12:23
while it's all :sunshine: out there, it's been :raining: most of the time today here in Manila..which makes me more :yawn:

:sorry-2: to read that, Rayna ... s'pose that's because you're now into the 'Wet Season' :raining: in YOUR part of the world!

KeithD
3rd June 2010, 12:28
I've just started the BBQ... the tyres are burning nicely and only needed 1/2 gallon of petrol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
3rd June 2010, 12:39
:sorry-2: to read that, Rayna ... s'pose that's because you're now into the 'Wet Season' :raining: in YOUR part of the world!

it's :xxgrinning--00xx3: since it's been too hot here..i had a nice sleep again because of it...:D

gWaPito
3rd June 2010, 19:43
I've just started the BBQ... the tyres are burning nicely and only needed 1/2 gallon of petrol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Im wondering if you came from Millwall..that's the sort of thing they do:D

nigel
3rd June 2010, 20:04
Oh gawd!! Weeeding!:doh Some enjoy having a garden...I enjoy NOT having one...:icon_lol:

Sim11UK
3rd June 2010, 22:56
Arthur, you can come in from doing the weeding now...it's dark & almost 11pm. :Wave:

liane
4th June 2010, 05:11
I enjoy working in a garden, doing some weeding, trimming grasses and shaping/cutting some plants whenever I have the time. It gives me the feeling of satisfaction to see it clean and well maintained :D
By the way, very nice photos from your honeymoon trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
4th June 2010, 08:43
Arthur, you can come in from doing the weeding now...it's dark & almost 11pm. :Wave:

you can have a tea and put your feet up too! :)

Arthur Little
4th June 2010, 14:07
I enjoy working in a garden, doing some weeding, trimming grasses and shaping/cutting some plants whenever I have the time. It gives me the feeling of satisfaction to see it clean and well maintained :D
By the way, very nice photos from your honeymoon trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes :iagree:, Liane. I first came here [42 years ago tomorrow!!] - when the house was newly-built - and I'd been married for 6 months to my first wife, Iris. At THAT time I was a young man of twenty-three, and began the work of transforming what was then a rubble-heap into a garden. Gradually - with me doing the digging, constructing paths, small walls and sowing grass from seed, and Iris the planning and planting - things took shape over the next (roughly) two-and-a-half decades. Sadly, :bigcry: in 1991, Iris died - and from then on (until last year) I kinda lost interest ... and even considered moving to flatted accommodation without a garden. :rolleyes:

But I'm still HERE! And since marrying Myrna (who came to the UK in March 2009) I've "never" looked back. Being an agriculturist graduate in the Phils, she's spent much of her time re-cultivating what I'D allowed to fall into [partial] neglect ... so that NOW it's looking like a showpiece. Indeed, many of our neighbours stop to admire her handiwork ... it's like ... "Wow :cwm24: ... look at Arthur's garden ... WHAT a difference!"

Of course, at the age of sixty-five, I am no longer able to tackle the same heavy work as I HAD when I was younger. :NoNo: Nonetheless, I find pottering about, cutting down overgrown shrubbery and generally keeping things tidy in the garden, very therapeutic and also rejuvenating.

:68711_thanx: for your kind appreciation of our belated Parisienne honeymoon photos ... which we've finally gotten around to uploading on the forum by taking a break from our busy schedule. :D

sars_notd_virus
5th June 2010, 00:29
Oh what a beautiful morning..the sun is up but not too hot today...just perfect for swimming with the kids..have a nice weekend sir Art:)

p.s.
pictures of ur honeymoon is very inspiring:heartshape1::heartshape1:

Arthur Little
3rd June 2011, 14:12
And it IS ... AGAIN ... (well ... was ... it's afternoon now! ) ... EXACTLY one year to the day since I started this thread - which I've reopened to celebrate! :xxparty-smiley-050: Ye~hey! :Hellooo: So - fellow Brits - let's be honest ... :anerikke: ... there hasn't really been much :sunshine: here over the past 12 months - "mud 'glorious' mud" more like ... rain :raining: ... and [ who can forget?!] :cwm24: ... *snow ... loads of *IT!!! :doh

Dare we , hope, :pray:, speculate ... or whatever ... that SUMMER has come to these parts - at looong last? :rolleyes:

mickcant
3rd June 2011, 15:44
~ oh ~ what a beautiful day, :sunshine:
I've got a fore~boding feelin' - :cwm24:
Everything's NOT goin' my way ... " :nono-1-1:

... because there's no longer any excuse :raining: for staying indoors - when I should be out in the garden weeding! :doh

- With apologies to Rodgers & Hammersteins' 'Oklahoma'.

Hi Arthur,
Looking on the bright side, your beard will help you be able to work a bit longer with its sunburn protection:icon_lol:
Mick.:olddude:

Arthur Little
3rd June 2011, 16:59
Hi Arthur,
Looking on the bright side, your beard will help you be able to work a bit longer with its sunburn protection:icon_lol:
Mick.:olddude:

:NoNo: ... alas, Mick ... MY beard's sooo small ... it'll be able to protect the tip of my chin only, from getting sunburnt. :icon_lol:

alanp
3rd June 2011, 20:08
oh yes it been a nice sunny day
i have been crawling around in lofts in chemical suit and mask dealing with wasps nests for most of the day and the air-con in the van has packed up and not one person offered a drink

Arthur Little
3rd June 2011, 23:24
i have been crawling around in lofts in chemical suit and mask dealing with wasps nests for most of the day

:) Ah ... so you're a 'Pest Control Officer', Alan? :rolleyes: ... you'd make a good Mod here ... "exterminating" the scammers, spammers and trolls that try to penetrate our ranks!!! :D

grahamw48
3rd June 2011, 23:35
Fear not Alan.
I've found an aircon repair service for you. :)
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6255/stiffnipsairconservice.jpg

grahamw48
3rd June 2011, 23:37
:) Ah ... so you're a 'Pest Control Officer', Alan? :rolleyes: ... you'd make a good Mod here ... "exterminating" the scammers, spammers and trolls that try to penetrate our ranks!!! :D

Pest Control Officer.
That's a job I've always fancied doing. :)

Arthur Little
3rd June 2011, 23:39
Fear not Alan.
I've found an aircon repair service for you. :)
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6255/stiffnipsairconservice.jpg

:D Graham! A van thus marked? :cwm24: Tut, tut ... he's already a "marked" man! :icon_lol:

alanp
4th June 2011, 05:21
oh yes arthur pest control is just one of my duties i work for environmental health well for another 10 days then two weeks off and off to my new job.

great van advert Graham

Tawi2
4th June 2011, 08:12
i have been crawling around in lofts in chemical suit and mask dealing with wasps nests for most of the day
Do you use ficam and a wasp wand?My brother is a pest-controler,I used to do a bit as a kid,I remember getting 10pence a rabbit from a gamedealer and one week taking almost 800 rabbits when I worked a line of around 200 snares,I also used to poach salmon during the summer holidays to earn pocket money :icon_lol:

grahamw48
4th June 2011, 08:42
I got 5 shillings for my sister's rabbit at the local butcher.

She still hasn't found out. :D