PDA

View Full Version : File for UK Divorce whilst living in the Philippines

timandjudith
2nd February 2007, 03:53
Hi all,

Just a quickie question.

Whilst living in the Philippines can you file for a divorce in the UK if i have solicitor there etc?:Erm:

Many thanks,

Tim and Judith

A_flyer
2nd February 2007, 07:15
Usually you need to live in a country to file a divorce there.

KeithD
2nd February 2007, 10:49
Why need a solicior, you can do it yourself for less than £100....if you're here.

fred
2nd February 2007, 12:27
Why need a solicior, you can do it yourself for less than £100....if you're here.

But he`s there!!

KeithD
2nd February 2007, 18:02
...and he's NEVER EVER coming back?

His family can pick up the papers from the local court and post them to him. He fills them, sends them back (courier). They take them to the court....pay the £50 or whatever......done.....

timandjudith
3rd February 2007, 10:37
Thankyou Keith for your info and advice.

I am considering coming back to the UK for 6 months to get b/statements and salary slips etc, but the other reason is for divorce.

But if i can do it here and you say for 100 pounds? Can you please tell me how to do it for that cost?

I am in a tricky situation if i come back to the UK i have to start again, new job find a house to rent etc, maybe get company car with my job etc.

But all this costs money so i will have to borrow, or do i borrow the money here sort my visa out and start a proper business. Its a hard decision for me to make.:Erm:

Any sensible advice/help?

Thanks,

Tim and Judith

KeithD
3rd February 2007, 10:42
Not many folk know you can do the divorce work yourself, and allow the solicitor to rip them off. http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/divorce/index.htm

http://www.terry.co.uk/DIY_divorce_England.html

You can only do this is both parties agree, otherwise you will need a solicitor.

timandjudith
3rd February 2007, 10:45
Thankyou Keith i will take a look at that. Now for the next step do i come back to the UK or not? lol

I actually felt cold here earlier :omg: , and thats scary!

annaportugaliza
5th February 2007, 01:08

hello! i just want to know how much is the cost of divorce in UK and how long will it takes.
thank you so much

KeithD
5th February 2007, 09:46
Which bit of the £100 did you not quite read in that single short sentence? :Erm:

halfluke
5th February 2007, 13:33
Win2win...

I think Anna got it wrong. I think she's a Filipino citizen married to another Filipino citizen... so her question might be about a chance to file for a divorce in UK.
Again the old odd problem... :Brick:
It's my intepretation of her thoughts, though.

KeithD
5th February 2007, 20:52
It's my intepretation of her thoughts, though.
Bloody mind readers, should be culled :D :icon_lol:

tiger@tigress
12th February 2007, 08:05
hello! i just want to know how much is the cost of divorce in UK and how long will it takes.
thank you so much

Are u married in UK Anna?