PDA

View Full Version : Time to chat!!

Admin
12th December 2003, 23:21
;D
Thought I'd start a new catergory for everyone to chat it, so please join in....

johncare
11th February 2004, 19:25
I am going 2 marry a Filipino girl Riza from CDO.

I am in London, can a user with experience tell me the things I need 2 b doing.
Time scale is 3 months 4 my next visit but can marry later in year in CDO or UK
Advice welcome

New User

Admin
12th February 2004, 10:52
Darn these people who use 'txt messaging' on the WWW! ;D

What's CDO? - 'Can't Do Ought'!?!

Make sure you marry in the UK, and bring her here on a Fiancee visa, any other way will cause problems with the immigration in future.

Their is a link for the form on the main page, download two and fill one in yourself for practice, then take them with you, and have the future missus fill in the real one, and go with her to the British Embassy.

She will be given an interview about a week later, so go with her. You can't sit in with the interview, but they usually want a word with you afterwards. (It helps your case). Also take all letters, copies of emials, mobile txting bill, to prove your long relationship. Always take MORE than they ask, it impresses them, and works in your favour.

Once she is in the UK, you have to marry in the first 6 months. Inform the Immigration of this, and the Philippine Embassy, as she will have to complete & pay for a Philippine marriage certificate.

johncare
13th February 2004, 22:40
CDO is a city in Philippines in south
Cagayan De Oro City on Mindanao
No text just short like NYC & LDN

http://www.cagayan-de-oro.com/

Thanku 4 the tips on wat 2 do, I was going 2 do it the wrong way round & marry in CDO
Thank U again 4 info
johncare London

SteveB
6th March 2004, 19:34
I got married in the Philippines and found it quite easy.
First, current divorce papers if you've been married before.
Second, Long Birth certicate.
Third, Statement of no Impediment, ( obtained from your local registry office, cost £30).
When you land in Manila go straight to the British Embassy, give them your Statement of no Impediment, they will replace this with a local statement of no Impediment, cost £30.
That is all you need.
Your future wife however, will have a nightmare.
She has to get local baringay clearance, make sure she has her birth certificate, ( not all birth's have been registered in the Philippines because of the outlying areas ).
Make her pay the local tax, this will give her proof of abode.
She will need to go to a seminar on the dangers of marrying a foreigner and need a certificate to say that she attended it, ( this will normally take 2 or 3 visits to Manila ), go with her the people in the CFO will want to know the ins and outs of a ducks ...., and you will be on hand to answer them.
Be patient, we all know what a filipino with power is like, be polite, and only hit your head against the wall if all else fails.
PS take bandages for your head, believe me you will need them.
Good Luck

Steve

Admin
6th March 2004, 23:07
...and after all that immigration may not let her enter!! ???

If you meet a Filipino working in Singapore, HK, etc, then you can usually marry there no problem, but it may still be a hassle sorting out the immigration, but it's easier than in the Phil. Fiancee Visa is the best option.