PDA

View Full Version : please help

brandon
1st February 2007, 11:54
hi!

i have a very important question to ask all of you. i am not the one going to uk, but my sister has a british boyfriend and they are already planning to get married but they say that they are thinking of getting married in uk. the problem is my sister was not able to pay her credit card bill some years ago and was informed by the credit card company that if she dont pay the bill they will take some legal action against her. 2 years ago we changed our residence because we now live with my aunt.my sister has forgotten to pay her credit card bill and now wondering if the credit card company tried to file a case against her without knowing it because she was not able to inform the credit card company about the change of address, and if so, would the british embassy know about it that it would be a ground for her fiance visa to be denied??

please help

concerned brother

KeithD
1st February 2007, 12:36
Simple...Pay the debt. Solved.

eljean
1st February 2007, 14:36
if the case is being filed on th court against your sister then i guess it will affect visa because there are few question on the application like is there any administrative or criminal case being filed againts you? so if you say no when its yes...then they will check the documents and check for the record about it so the answer is yes....credit card can put you in jail the longer you not paying the higher your debt becomes:yikes:

andypaul
1st February 2007, 20:27
Has your sister mentioned this to her boyfriend he has a right to know imo, if they are to get married.

How much do you think the total amount is now roughly if you don't mind me asking?

What might sound huge to a phill might be not so bad to a brit (we are the world leaders in holding debt it seems)

If she has a warrant/claim agasint her this may affect her nbi clearnance i guess? Maybe the Phill memebers can advise, as im not to well up on brit law let alone phill law.

Jay&Zobel
2nd February 2007, 23:14
Contact the credit company and just find out whats the outstanding in that account coz in reality your sister is indebted with them. she need not give her new address but still she has to pay her debt before she leaves the country. or arrange installment payment or something...

_______

Just a point to ponder:

" man of pure and clean conscience sleeps happily and wakes up happily. He moves about happily in this world. He attains happiness in this world and in the next. A man of guilty conscience is restless and unhappy in this world and in the next also. "
By Swami Shivananda
Divine Life Society, Rishikesh