PDA

View Full Version : Slow

laurel
24th May 2010, 06:51
Hi guys,
im not good when it comes to computers etc, just about know how to turn it on:)
So hope this isnt too much of a ridiculous question.......but for the last two days my internet has been incredibly slow, havent foned my provider yet because I hate those 'press 1 for this 2 for that etc, then you get someone who passes you on to someone else etc .

Is anyone experiencing the same problem??

Many thanks

Arthur Little
24th May 2010, 08:40
Hi guys,
im not good when it comes to computers etc, just about know how to turn it on:)
So hope this isnt too much of a ridiculous question.......but for the last two days my internet has been incredibly slow, havent foned my provider yet because I hate those 'press 1 for this 2 for that etc, then you get someone who passes you on to someone else etc .

Is anyone experiencing the same problem??

Many thanks

ME too, mate!! :ARsurrender: Intermittently dead slow and bloody stop, it's been ... ever since 'Talk Talk' took over my former service provider, tiscaliuk, it seems. And, like YOU, I detest the paraphernalia - not to mention expense - incurred phoning these :censored: 0845 & 0870 numbers. :doh

Dedworth
24th May 2010, 09:22
Switch to o2 Arthur - 0800 number for support which is down the road from you in Glasgow :)

Arthur Little
24th May 2010, 09:34
Switch to o2 Arthur - 0800 number for support which is down the road from you in Glasgow :)

:Erm: ... 02? ... Thought that was a Greater London prefix? :rolleyes:

Dedworth
24th May 2010, 09:39

o2 the mobile phone outfit Arthur they've done home wireless broadband for a couple of years £7.50/month if you've got an o2 phone (foc for me as a VIP customer :)) £9.50 otherwise. I think they've just started doing home landine phone deals also to compete with the wide boys like Sky & Talk Talk

Dedworth
24th May 2010, 09:39

o2 the mobile phone outfit Arthur they've done home wireless broadband for a couple of years £7.50/month if you've got an o2 phone (foc for me as a VIP customer :)) £9.50 otherwise. I think they've just started doing home landine phone deals also to compete with the wide boys like Sky & Talk Talk

Arthur Little
24th May 2010, 09:57

:icon_eek: "Ah ... I see!", said the blind man. Certainly worth considering! :68711_thanx: for the tip. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

laurel
24th May 2010, 14:17
ME too, mate!! :ARsurrender: Intermittently dead slow and bloody stop, it's been ... ever since 'Talk Talk' took over my former service provider, tiscaliuk, it seems. And, like YOU, I detest the paraphernalia - not to mention expense - incurred phoning these :censored: 0845 & 0870 numbers. :doh

Thats interesting Arthur im with talktalk as well...been ok except for the last two days, maybe it is there end.....hmmm

keithAngel
24th May 2010, 14:46

020 7181 9966 is the geographic number for talk talk customer service Arthur

And this is the site to scupper the 0870 b:censored:rs

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

KeithD
24th May 2010, 15:47
I've never had a problem with PlusNet, I get faster speed than my business account which is twice the price!!!!

somebody
30th May 2010, 17:39
As well as the network it is worth checking the line in the house and locally.

Pick up your phone is there any noise on the line? Sometimes you get crackling and simply checking the cables between the phone socket and the modem can help things out.

The line filters if adsl do have a habit of sometimes failing or at least causing problems.

Of course dont forget to do a speed test (http://www.speedtest.net/).

Sometimes the line is ok and its the pc somehow affecrting the speed.

Have you set up your DNS? This can make abig differnce on opening web pages. If the page seems to take a age to switch over it can be the DNS. Especially if the actual downloading seems to be quite quick..

Severval options of DNS both your ISP's own or other free services or even a mixture of both..

Also try another browser sometimes Browsr and the OS on your PC seem to with out getting to techy decide things will move slowly for you..