PDA

View Full Version : How long until able to work?

symonh2000
31st January 2007, 20:25
Me and my Fiancee plan to marry on the 28th February, how long does it normally take before she will be able to work in the uk? I need to know as we are struglling financially at present.

Thanks,
Simon.

scotsfiancee
31st January 2007, 20:47
Me and my Fiancee plan to marry on the 28th February, how long does it normally take before she will be able to work in the uk? I need to know as we are struglling financially at present.

Thanks,
Simon.

First, after wedding she will have to ammend her passport to the phil embassy in london then after you still have to apply 2 yr extension visa which is the FLR(m). When she have that, she can work anytime!

Here's the thread for your question:http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=855

gingxrick
31st January 2007, 20:52
Hi symonh, When you get married you must apply for an spouse visa or FLR witch will give your wife a 2 year visa, she can then apply to work, she will then have to apply for NI number. You dont say were you are getting married,is she already here in the UK?

symonh2000
31st January 2007, 20:59
Hi and thanks for the replies. She is already in the uk and we are living together. Its just a bit of a financial struggle with just one of us working.

Simon,.

andypaul
31st January 2007, 21:15
Hi and thanks for the replies. She is already in the uk and we are living together. Its just a bit of a financial struggle with just one of us working.

Simon,.

A lot of us have been in the same situation, to be honest My wife couldn't really have worked straight off even if we had both wanted her to.
What with the major changes and trying to settle in to a new life, it would have been tough.

The mintue you can make sure you start to apply for ni and I would start sussing out the job market and what your wife wants to do. As ther job market is slighty different to Phill.
Im sure you have already written up the CV, and given some advice on Job Interviews in the UK.

My Wife had never held a job in Phill let alone the UK so it was all new to her.

Good luck

symonh2000
31st January 2007, 21:27
After applying for FLR how long does it take to process it?

thanks,

scotsfiancee
31st January 2007, 23:03
After applying for FLR how long does it take to process it?

thanks,

Applications made by post: decide 70% of
applications within 4 weeks (20 working days) and
90% within 14 weeks (70 working days).

Applications made in person: decide 98% within 24
hours.

If you want to apply in person, you should make an appointment the PEOs. Their addresses, telephone numbers are given below:

IMMIGRATION &
NATIONALITY
ENQUIRY BUREAU
Tel: 0870 606 7766
(for general
information
& appointments
at Croydon Public
Enquiry Office)
Monday to Thursday
9:00am - 4:45pm
Friday
9:00am - 4:30pm

BIRMINGHAM
Public Enquiry Office
Dominion Court
41 Station Road
Solihull
Birmingham B91 3RT
Monday to Friday
9.00am to 4.00pm
Tel: 0121 704 5450
(for appointments)

LIVERPOOL
Public Enquiry Office
Reliance House
20 Water Street
Liverpool L2 8XU
Monday to Friday
8.30am to 4.00pm
Tel: 0151 237 0405
and 0151 237 0473
(for appointments)

GLASGOW
Public Enquiry Office
Festival Court
200 Brand Street,
Govan
Glasgow G51 1DH
Monday to Thursday
8.30am to 4.30pm
Friday
8.30am to 4.00pm
Tel: 0141 555 1258
(for appointments)

For applications made on this form, there is a fee of £335 for
applications made by post and £500 for applications made in
person at any Public Enquiry Offices

You can download this form HERE (http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/formflrm0606.pdf)

PS. I already gave you the link bout this.

joebloggs
1st February 2007, 04:47
same here, my wife who was on a 2 yr spouse visa, started looking for a nhs job about 6 months after arriving in the Uk, she already had a NI number becuase we needed it to claim Tax credits. took her nearly 6 months to find a job, after applying for 100+ online and thru emails. as usual everything takes longer than you think,. but its worth it in the end.

oh and watch out for maternity pay, my wife just missed out on it by a couple of weeks, and so she went back to work 4wks after the baby was born.:Brick:

good luck with the job hunting :xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
31st March 2007, 22:03
if you have spouse visa you can work straight away,first thing to do is find a job ask a letter from the company if you are hired and use the letter as an evidence that you got a job to apply NI