PDA

View Full Version : Noisy laptop

liane
17th May 2010, 08:52
My laptop starts to have a weird noisy sound. I was afraid that it will stop working so I turned it off as soon as I heard that sound 2 days ago. I turned it back on after few seconds and it was back to normal. I stop using it for now, I am afraid I will hear a loud noise again.

What could be the problem with it? Could it be the fan is dusty and needs to be cleaned up?
I want to use it again for I am more familiar with it and been using it for some years :bigcry:

joebloggs
17th May 2010, 10:52
probably cooling fan or the hard disk is on its last legs:olddude:

sars_notd_virus
17th May 2010, 11:30
back up all your important files sis, must be the hard drive
or excessive dust which cause the laptop to run loud and run hot

pennybarry
17th May 2010, 13:02
It is usually the hard drive if the sound is like grinding.
You need a back up files, transfer all your data and do recovery so in case your hard drive failed, you still have the copy.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
17th May 2010, 13:25
It'll be the fan, get the hoover out and give it a good hard suck :xxgrinning--00xx3: .... if you can remove the back/keyboard to get at the fans. That fixes mosts problems...AND SHOULD BE DONE ON ALL PC's AT LEAST EVERY 3 MONTHS... it will speed up your computer :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
17th May 2010, 13:31
give it a good hard suck :xxgrinning--00xx3: ....
better to give it a blow than a suck :rolleyes:

jimeve
17th May 2010, 13:38

I always ask the wife to do that ;)

RickyR
17th May 2010, 15:43
If it is the fan, and you allow it continue, you could cause permenant damage to the components through overheating, mostly to the processor which is a particularly vulnerable part of the laptop

liane
18th May 2010, 15:49
It'll be the fan, get the hoover out and give it a good hard suck :xxgrinning--00xx3: .... if you can remove the back/keyboard to get at the fans. That fixes mosts problems...AND SHOULD BE DONE ON ALL PC's AT LEAST EVERY 3 MONTHS... it will speed up your computer :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Boss, is that safe to perform :Erm:

liane
18th May 2010, 15:58
back up all your important files sis, must be the hard drive
or excessive dust which cause the laptop to run loud and run hot

It is usually the hard drive if the sound is like grinding.
You need a back up files, transfer all your data and do recovery so in case your hard drive failed, you still have the copy.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you so much for giving me some ideas to what might be wrong with my laptop. Wala kasi ako masyadong alam sa hard drive na ganyan, ang alam ko lang gumamit ng computer, hehehe :D
I have most of my files in USB data traveler :xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
18th May 2010, 16:05
probably cooling fan or the hard disk is on its last legs:olddude:

If it is the fan, and you allow it continue, you could cause permenant damage to the components through overheating, mostly to the processor which is a particularly vulnerable part of the laptop

It must be the fan, I been using it for 3 years and never actually did any cleaning of it. I will have to bring it in a shop for cleaning.
Thank you so much :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:omg::omg::omg:

somebody
30th May 2010, 17:19
Also once the problems is sorted out HDD or Fans. Warning Fans can sometimes actually fail if they do get replaced as the device will get supper hot and then start shutting down..

Get a laptop stand if you can find one which suits your budget or simply create one. That or f on a table see if it has the little legs which pop up..

Look under your lapop if has in many cases air vents and put your hand near it when been running for a while and your can feel the heat generated particularly in the phills.

Dont use a cushion as often done y many, as the laptop sinks into the cushion and means it doesnt have a good air flow..

liane
31st May 2010, 07:23
Also once the problems is sorted out HDD or Fans. Warning Fans can sometimes actually fail if they do get replaced as the device will get supper hot and then start shutting down..

Get a laptop stand if you can find one which suits your budget or simply create one. That or f on a table see if it has the little legs which pop up..

Look under your lapop if has in many cases air vents and put your hand near it when been running for a while and your can feel the heat generated particularly in the phills.

Dont use a cushion as often done y many, as the laptop sinks into the cushion and means it doesnt have a good air flow..

Thanks Somebody. I will try to find a laptop stand :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
31st May 2010, 08:41
Any of these will do http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=3+fan+laptop&_sacat=See-All-Categories

By the way... EVERYONE with a laptop should be using one of these to prolong its life and speed it up.

Best way to silence a laptop is switch it off .... works a treat :xxgrinning--00xx3: