PDA

View Full Version : I Got A Place At A UK Medical School!

DropsOfJupiter
16th May 2010, 18:04
Hey guys, I don't mean to brag or anything - it's just that I feel soo proud of myself knowing that there are only a handful of Filipino doctors working here in the UK, and being a Filipino student in the UK and been trying for 4 years to get into a medical school I finally got a conditional offer to start this coming september 2010:D:Jump:

*virtual party*
*invited everyone*

Peanutz
16th May 2010, 18:10
Yaay! Well done! Let's partayyyyyyy!:woohoo::Wine::NEW1::party-smiley-012::appl:

joebloggs
16th May 2010, 18:15
Hey guys, I don't mean to brag or anything - it's just that I feel soo proud of myself knowing that there are only a handful of Filipino doctors working here in the UK, and being a Filipino student in the UK and been trying for 4 years to get into a medical school I finally got a conditional offer to start this coming september 2010:D:Jump:

*virtual party*
*invited everyone*

well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:
you've a long way to go...

my misses is a SHO in lancaster :Hellooo:

DropsOfJupiter
16th May 2010, 18:19
Yaay! Well done! Let's partayyyyyyy!:woohoo::Wine::NEW1::party-smiley-012::appl:

Cheers! Oh, and I forgot to mention that I wanna be a plastic surgeon hehe. So *FREE* Botox (R) treatment for my first 10 private clients. :rolleyes:

DropsOfJupiter
16th May 2010, 18:21

Wow man that's awesome! Does she know which specialty she hopes to practice yet?

Tell her good luck with her post-grad medical training for me. :D

maria_and_matt
16th May 2010, 18:22
yey! congrats! now revise:laugher:

joebloggs
16th May 2010, 18:25
Wow man that's awesome! Does she know which specialty she hopes to practice yet?

Tell her good luck with her post-grad medical training for me. :D

probably obs gynae, whats shes doing now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
16th May 2010, 20:08

hope she don't get stepped on :doh

bornatbirth
16th May 2010, 20:15
well done!, shouldnt you be revising :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

free botox arthur ;)

sensi*
16th May 2010, 21:52
congrats bro:)

sars_notd_virus
17th May 2010, 06:38
Congratulations!!!
Cheers!! Toinks!:Wine::party-smiley-0:

Arthur Little
17th May 2010, 22:45
free botox arthur ;)

Yeah ... noticed that :rolleyes: ... think I ought to sign-up :olddude: - since he's contemplating enrolling on a short-term course at Perth College sometime! :icon_lol:

DropsOfJupiter
18th May 2010, 14:32
well done!, shouldnt you be revising :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

free botox arthur ;)

Hehe, you're right - I should be revising now. I just don't have the self-discipline most of the time hehe. :doh

DropsOfJupiter
18th May 2010, 14:33
Congratulations!!!
Cheers!! Toinks!:Wine::party-smiley-0:

Thank you :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DropsOfJupiter
18th May 2010, 14:36
Yeah ... noticed that :rolleyes: ... think I ought to sign-up :olddude: - since he's contemplating enrolling on a short-term course at Perth College sometime! :icon_lol:

Hehehehehe....*signs you up*. Nah, noone needs Botox on this forum. Not 'till I get the licence to practice anyways. :D

And the course I want to do at Perth is their 1 year Pathway To Medicine HNC course. It's kind of my back-up (but hopefully I won't be needing it). :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
18th May 2010, 19:26
Hehehehehe....*signs you up*. Nah, noone needs Botox on this forum. Not 'till I get the licence to practice anyways. :D

:yikes: ... I do! I'm sixty-five NOW :olddude: ... can't wait much longer ... ! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
18th May 2010, 19:40
And the course I want to do at Perth is their 1 year Pathway To Medicine HNC course. It's kind of my back-up (but hopefully I won't be needing it). :rolleyes:

Well, Congratulations, and good luck to you with your studies ... whatever pathway you choose! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
18th May 2010, 20:32
whoa! congrats! you've done our country and countrymen proud! :Jump:

DropsOfJupiter
18th May 2010, 21:01
whoa! congrats! you've done our country and countrymen proud! :Jump:
Thank you very much - appreciate it! I've asked GMC regarding how many filipino docs are currently working in the UK, they told me there are only 99 of them. who knows, I could be the 100th person haha.:icon_lol:*in my dreams*.

joebloggs
18th May 2010, 21:15
my wife is from the phils but is also a brit now, so i dont know if shes in that 99 !

malditako
22nd May 2010, 12:56
feel proud for u :) mabuhay ka

pennybarry
22nd May 2010, 13:30
Cheers! Oh, and I forgot to mention that I wanna be a plastic surgeon hehe. So *FREE* Botox (R) treatment for my first 10 private clients. :rolleyes:

Mabuhay!
Count me in!:D
When is your graduation?
I want distinctive and sexy lips like Angelina Jolie!
And dimples like Cheryl Cole!
You can do that don't you? :xxgrinning--00xx3::rolleyes::laugher:

DropsOfJupiter
23rd May 2010, 21:58
my wife is from the phils but is also a brit now, so i dont know if shes in that 99 !
If she obtained her primary medical qualification in the Philippines then she should be one of the 99 fili-docs.:Jump: Good on her. :)

DropsOfJupiter
23rd May 2010, 21:58
feel proud for u :) mabuhay ka

Salamat.:) You have a nice avatar.:Wave:

DropsOfJupiter
23rd May 2010, 22:02
Mabuhay!
Count me in!:D
When is your graduation?
I want distinctive and sexy lips like Angelina Jolie!
And dimples like Cheryl Cole!
You can do that don't you? :xxgrinning--00xx3::rolleyes::laugher:
Hehehehe, we are talking 20 years from now here. :icon_lol::D Yeah, I can do that...but I would need training first.:D

lyka
26th May 2010, 12:22
congrats...

Doc Alan
26th May 2010, 23:07
Cheers! Oh, and I forgot to mention that I wanna be a plastic surgeon hehe.
Congratulations ! I'm just catching up on threads after visiting Philippines.
You MAY become a plastic surgeon, but I am willing to bet that you will enjoy many subjects in your course, keep an open mind and your final specialty may be something completely different! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DropsOfJupiter
27th May 2010, 19:15
congrats...
Thankies :D:)

DropsOfJupiter
27th May 2010, 19:17
Congratulations ! I'm just catching up on threads after visiting Philippines.
You MAY become a plastic surgeon, but I am willing to bet that you will enjoy many subjects in your course, keep an open mind and your final specialty may be something completely different! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I definitely agree on this. Early days for me still. Thanks for the advice and thanks for dropping by. :xxgrinning--00xx3: