PDA

View Full Version : Travel For Filipinas On Fiancee Visa ??

Chrisirene
30th January 2007, 16:56
Hi there folks !

Could someone please clarify, if it is possible for me to take Irene into Europe when she arrives in to the UK with her Fiancee visa ?????????????

I'm sure she'd love a holiday - after all that flying -haahaaa !!!! :xxparty-smiley-050:

Chris

scotsfiancee
30th January 2007, 17:19
Hi chris............ She can't go to Europe for now.

'' This does not apply to FIANCEE's of EEC Passport holders, so Filipina's holding fiancee visa's must wait until they have married and have a marriage certificate, then they may apply.''

Here is the sticky thread bout Schengen Visa http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=734

KeithD
30th January 2007, 17:27
Just take her climbing in Snowdonia :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A_flyer
30th January 2007, 18:12
Could someone please clarify, if it is possible for me to take Irene into Europe when she arrives in to the UK with her Fiancee visa ?
You can request a Schengen visa for this, but you have really few chance to get it before you get married. After as married to a European Union Citizen and settle in the UK, it's easier (I don't say easy!).

You have plenty of countries where you can go for holidays: Scotland, Wales, North Ireland and England of course.

With a Fiancé visa, it's really far better to stay within the country where she got the visa to (IE UK in your case) ... till she get a residency!
On the other side of the Channel, you have better possibilities with a Fiance visa. It's a Schengen visa, so you can freely travel in the 15 Schengen states (IE you can even go to Ireland but not UK!).

Chrisirene
30th January 2007, 18:25
OK, so am I over simplifying things by, say, applying for a Spanish or French visa when she is here ?
Or , how bout outside the EU like Switzerland ?

Chris

A_flyer
30th January 2007, 23:09
Outside the 15 Schengen states, in Europe a Filipina needs a visa per country visited except Switzerland where the Schengen visa should be accepted since some months.

It's very tricky as if you have to travel by car from a Schengen state to the other by car (IE in Central Europe), she will need a transit visa in the country outside Schengen AND a multiple entry Schengen visa (this is very important) to entre the destination Schengen country or whe will be denied to enter it.

You need to carefully plan your travel and not change your mind in the middle by adding a trip whithout carefully studying it.

Small or big, there is no country in Europe where a Filipina can go without a Visa. Don't forget it.

Chrisirene
31st January 2007, 12:04
Thanks Yves - sounds like Thailand or PI then for now !!
Or Snowdonia !!! Haahaaa !!

Chris

andypaul
31st January 2007, 21:04
In the first six months will you really need to have a holiday abroad? Everyone has the right to want to holiday where they like, but there is so much to see in the UK for a person who has never been here (I guess Irene hasn't been here before).

If you can afford to travel worldwide there are countries which will allow Phills to enter without a visa from what i can see. The Wife and i looked it up one night a few years back. Some were very nice tourist resorts indeed, but my memory is failing so i don't want to quote them on here.
I think brazil was one when we checked a few websites but don't know all the details. So if you feeling like a samba!!!

vbkelly
1st February 2007, 18:04
In the first six months will you really need to have a holiday abroad? Everyone has the right to want to holiday where they like, but there is so much to see in the UK for a person who has never been here (I guess Irene hasn't been here before).

If you can afford to travel worldwide there are countries which will allow Phills to enter without a visa from what i can see. The Wife and i looked it up one night a few years back. Some were very nice tourist resorts indeed, but my memory is failing so i don't want to quote them on here.
I think brazil was one when we checked a few websites but don't know all the details. So if you feeling like a samba!!!

yes but not in fiancee visa lol

andypaul
1st February 2007, 20:16
yes but not in fiancee visa lol

No they can vist as a phill national which even when they have a fiancee visa they can do.

I think Tunisa and morroco will allow phills in on a tourist visa, which is possibly closer and cheaper on the right package than a trip to parts of europe.