PDA

View Full Version : Instant Messenger..

cindyandrew
30th January 2007, 15:28
Hi guys, its us again.. We're just wondering if the proof of our communication should mostly be in the form of emails and air mailed letters? The reason why we're asking is because most of our communications are in the form of chats. You see, me and my fiance talk to each other using Instant Messenger (IM) every other day, so that's the reason why we dont email each other that much, but we save our chats though, every single one of it. Do you think the British Consule will accept it as our one of our proofs of our constant communication with each other, as well?

There's just one problem, though. The chats are saved in pc using Notepad. and cannot be saved any other way.. :(

Thanks..

scotsfiancee
30th January 2007, 15:59
Hi guys, its us again.. We're just wondering if the proof of our communication should mostly be in the form of emails and air mailed letters? The reason why we're asking is because most of our communications are in the form of chats. You see, me and my fiance talk to each other using Instant Messenger (IM) every other day, so that's the reason why we dont email each other that much, but we save our chats though, every single one of it. Do you think the British Consule will accept it as our one of our proofs of our constant communication with each other, as well?

Thanks..

As long as you have proof of communication. His telephone bills, you can even send your prepaid card you used to call him or text.

There's just one problem, though. The chats are saved in pc using Notepad. and cannot be saved any other way.. :(

You can print them from your YM archive. Anyways it should have dates and time.

Goodluck Cindy !

Chrisirene
30th January 2007, 16:23
Hi Cindy,
We had about 10 Emails max, no airmail, err, no phone bills either come to think of it !!

But we did print a ream of over 500 pages of Yahoo chat (they'd still be reading it now if it mattered that much !)

Irene's visa still popped through the post a couple of weeks ago.:D

Hope this reinforces what the other guys/gals say.

Best wishes

Chris

vbkelly
30th January 2007, 16:40
as long as you have an evidence and to proved them how you met your fiance/e

Irelandken
30th January 2007, 18:23
Ours were all on chat, we didn't have any letters. We produced about 800 pages but only submitted the first page from every 2 or 3 days chat to show constant communication, saying all the interim pages were available if required. just be careful of the content, make sure you're not talking about something that can be picked up in the wrong way by a third party flicking through them......

Jay&Zobel
30th January 2007, 19:03
yep that is perfectly fine
chat transcripts with date & time

Philip
30th January 2007, 21:54
Think it is ok to just give them the log which has the ym id's and dates as opposed to full transcripts?
plus letters, cards, phone bills and receipts from buying txt load?

Here is some examples pages from our history...

YM chat history:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/lil_guapo11/yahoochathistoryd.jpg

call history on ym:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/lil_guapo11/callhistoryb.jpg

emails:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/lil_guapo11/tonetemailhistorye.jpg

scotsfiancee
30th January 2007, 22:01
Hmmmm that's alot ha........ im sure it would take them a month to read every bits of it :icon_lol:

baboyako
30th January 2007, 22:03
:rolleyes: lil guapo? :cwm34: sweety ko...? wheres the vomit smiley gone :NoNo::Brick:

andypaul
30th January 2007, 22:05
Like philip has demostarted we just showed examples of chat logs and not the actual chats. Same with the emails.
Just like you show a copy of the phone bill, what is said in the chats is none of the business of the ECO.

Good example philip

Philip
30th January 2007, 22:06
Hmmmm that's alot ha........ im sure it would take them a month to read every bits of it :icon_lol:

Oh, I have more!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thing is, I dont think we have one single chat transcript that is really suitable for someone else to read!!! :Rasp:

Philip
30th January 2007, 22:08
:rolleyes: lil guapo? :cwm34: sweety ko...? wheres the vomit smiley gone :NoNo::Brick:

:Kilt:

Jay&Zobel
30th January 2007, 22:08
Oh, I have more!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thing is, I dont think we have one single chat transcript that is really suitable for someone else to read!!! :Rasp:

:icon_lol: :rolleyes: :omg:

Philip
30th January 2007, 22:12
:icon_lol: :rolleyes: :omg:

Hoi!!!

:rolleyes:

scotsfiancee
30th January 2007, 22:14
Like philip has demostarted we just showed examples of chat logs and not the actual chats. Same with the emails.
Just like you show a copy of the phone bill, what is said in the chats is none of the business of the ECO.
Good example philip

We never send them our emails,chatlogs,and post cards although we have loads of it! We just show his phone bills and the prepaid cards that i used for calls and texts .

But anyway, just send everything you have cindy!

baboyako
30th January 2007, 22:19
:Kilt:

:vomit-smiley-011::Hellooo:

cindyandrew
30th January 2007, 22:59
Hello everyone :)

Early on here to chat with my baby :) I read all your responses to my question re: Instant Messenger chat.. Thank you. Really appreciate you guys helping us with what we have to go through.

There are more questions to come still so we hope you won't get enough of us.. :)

Thank you

IainBusby
31st January 2007, 14:46
Thing is, I dont think we have one single chat transcript that is really suitable for someone else to read!!!

Louella and I came up against the same thing. After reading through our chats, I decided that only the first 2 or 3 were suitable for others to read and I had visions of the ECO's passing some of the more personal ones round the office amongst themselves. :omg: :yikes: :NoNo:

Iain.

jonnijon
31st January 2007, 17:00
Just edited all mine in notepad,does not leave much to read lol lol.John.

Jay&Zobel
31st January 2007, 23:21
Just edited all mine in notepad,does not leave much to read lol lol.John.

:Hellooo: :Hellooo: :rolleyes: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

5olidsnake
4th February 2007, 15:37
printing your screenshots

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/creating-screenshots.html

press "print screen" key

then paste new image in software like mspaint, paintshop or adobe

then print

Philip
5th February 2007, 22:42
I downloaded the free 'Gadwin PrintScreen' which captures what is on screen and lets you save in any format you wish.

STU3UK
15th February 2007, 09:11
Hi Cindy,
We had about 10 Emails max, no airmail, err, no phone bills either come to think of it !!

But we did print a ream of over 500 pages of Yahoo chat (they'd still be reading it now if it mattered that much !)

Irene's visa still popped through the post a couple of weeks ago.:D

Hope this reinforces what the other guys/gals say.

Best wishes

Chris

Hi.

I have a mixture of Chat Logs from virtually evry other day for the last 3 months form both MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger. Obviously that would be far too much to send, so im thinking when the time comes to apply just print out the history or a page from evry couple of dyas etc.

joebloggs
15th February 2007, 14:58
cut along story short, as i knew my wife for more than 4 years b4 we got married, i had icq logs, i printed only about 3rd of the logs, as i repair printers, the ones i printed were condensed, 100 lines an A4 page, and printed on both sides, it came to 500 sheets... :yikes:

in the end we didnt even use them :icon_lol: :doh :Rasp: