PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Afford It, What Car Would You Drive?

KeithD
14th May 2010, 22:38
Well I could be boring and say Ferrari, Porsche, etc... but I ain't driving no car that I'm basically sitting on the floor. Give me a good tough 4x4 anyday :D

Quite happy with the Qashqai+2 I have now, .... lots of buttons :xxgrinning--00xx3: and will probably get the auto version next.

bornatbirth
14th May 2010, 23:06
the new jags look nice or a astin martin :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eleathegreat
14th May 2010, 23:16
Im in the UK so a fully restored Jag E type - convertible of course. :xxgrinning--00xx3: yeah!

Eleathegreat
14th May 2010, 23:32
Well I could be boring and say Ferrari, Porsche, etc... but I ain't driving no car that I'm basically sitting on the floor. Give me a good tough 4x4 anyday :D

Quite happy with the Qashqai+2 I have now, .... lots of buttons :xxgrinning--00xx3: and will probably get the auto version next.

4x4 is also cool. infact, For 3 years, I had a 4x4 Rav4... in the philippines so tinted. it was a car of choice because there are exactly 5 pot holes that I cant avoid from my home to the office. I memorized them all. 5 pot holes, 5 traffic lights within 5 blocks from my home to the office. Last time I checked, they were still there.

And what was my bridal car? ...BMW X5 ... yeah! I like these monsters. :)

sparky
14th May 2010, 23:44
living in thailand or the philippines i would have a toyota 4x4 without doubt- more or less indestructible and easily fixed and loads of parts available

in the Uk then either a CLK black or more probably the new porsche GT2 RS

fred
15th May 2010, 00:16
We are driving an old Mitsubishi adventure at the moment but seriously looking at either the Mitsubishi Monterro or a Hilux pick up..(Because of Top gear!! Remember that?:xxgrinning--00xx3:)

raynaputi
15th May 2010, 00:25
i would want a Honda CRV or a Toyota Fortuner or a GMC or a Hummer! Big cars! Haha..But i gotta learn how to drive first! :D

sars_notd_virus
15th May 2010, 03:03
Suzuki Swift Sport :xxgrinning--00xx3:
and i want it red , perfect for me:Rasp:

keithAngel
15th May 2010, 03:14
Im already driving it wouldnt trade my Daihatsu 4Track for anything no complicated computer systems simple never been let down in 60,000 miles the sad thing is they dont make them any more and when mine rots out im B:censored:d im on my third in 10 years and always looking for one that has 50-60k on the clock no tow hitch and was kept in the garage from new with a perfect body (like mine lol):xxgrinning--00xx3:

\\\\ToNy////
15th May 2010, 03:27
i like 4x4, i once drove a bmw x5 and was cool how the cruise control works automaticly when u stay at the same speed for more than 10 seconds,
if i had £5000+ i would buy a nissan 200sx s14a
if i had £10000+ i would buy my dream car,a toyota mk5 supra turbo or an r33/34 nissan skyline
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:WXVoMDHVC1oKyM:http://www.dragtimes.com/images/10375-2000-Nissan-200SX.jpghttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:HVps4O4puc0nXM:http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/images/toyota/1994-toyota-supra-fast-and-furious/supra_ff.jpghttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gfRI80fzGpOVZM:http://www.tradebit.com/usr/carmanualsgalore/pub/9002/89204828_79578_f520.jpg

RickyR
15th May 2010, 03:32
I wouldn't drive anything, I'd let my missus drive. Can't be bothered with it all. Buying an X5 for the missus at some point in the next few months.

triple5
15th May 2010, 03:47
It would have to be a pimped up pink bentley for me :D

RickyR
15th May 2010, 08:15
hahaha, perfect

aromulus
15th May 2010, 08:20
I am quite happy with my Rover 75 diesel.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

In fact I am so happy that I have been scouting on Ebay and other places for a future replacement....:Erm:

Another one...!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

RickyR
15th May 2010, 08:31
Has to be the best and nicest looking Rover ever built!

Eleathegreat
15th May 2010, 10:29
inspired by the movie "Italian Job", I got myself last year a new fully loaded 2009 mini cooper S (super charged) convertible. Sat Nav, BOOST sound system, Leather seats, Manual, 6 gears, 175hp. 62mph in 7.4 seconds. It's a cheeky little monster. With the stripes, of course! leather jacket, sunglasses, roof down and a big Filipina smile... I never failed to get waves from the lorry drivers on the A12. I would say, it's the biggest and most expensive "hand bag" I've ever had. This one is a head turner.
I'm impatiently waiting for summer to come now. So far it has been very elusive. It's the coldest May I've ever had so far. I should be able to have a fair 6 months, top-down-cruisin soon. yeah!
Yes. it was an "if i could afford it car" ... :)

nigel
15th May 2010, 10:53
I'd LOVE to own a jeepney..

liane
15th May 2010, 14:20
I would like to own and drive a Land Rover Freelander 2, VW New Beetle convertible and the cars from the movie Transporter, BMW and Audi :pray: :D ;)

bornatbirth
15th May 2010, 15:24
i would like the pussy wagon! :)

how cool, until you saw me driving it :bigcry:

SteveL
15th May 2010, 16:56
I drive a Nissan 350z, 3.500cc v6, 125mph 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. It was my mid life crisis present to myself. Course it will have to go when we start a family but i love it. Next car? something with 4 seats hehe

cheeky
15th May 2010, 17:05
id love to have a Bmw converter 2 seater's...hope could get in 2 years as u promise sweetheart :icon_lol: well for the meantime I need to learn how to drive...

Jamesey
15th May 2010, 20:41
I'd get the A-Team van! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But I guess that's not really a car, so instead I'd get an Aston Martin to live out my James Bond fantasies.

But back to reality, like Win2Win, I've got a Nissan Qashqai+2. It's very well equipped and really practical. Also, it's the new shape, which I think is a bit better looking from the front. But I got the 1.6 petrol version and I've been driving diesel powered cars for years, so I'm missing that extra torque. Overall, I'm very pleased with the Qashqai though.

pennybarry
16th May 2010, 10:02
Smart Car for me boss! The smallest the better:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Or this is better for me: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/06/article-1137269-034F45C0000005DC-467_468x301_popup.jpg

walesrob
16th May 2010, 10:09
Peugeot 308 GT

http://www.carpages.co.uk/peugeot/peugeot-308-gt-19-02-08.asp

Englishman2010
16th May 2010, 13:00
In my time I have owned some very nice cars including Italian exotics, but as I've aged I realised that owning a red phallic symbol didn't make me a better person. The cars have been sold, I drive a respectable boring German saloon now, and I'm happy because I have enough money to go travelling every 3 or 4 months.

triple5
16th May 2010, 15:09
In my time I have owned some very nice cars including Italian exotics, but as I've aged I realised that owning a red phallic symbol didn't make me a better person. The cars have been sold, I drive a respectable boring German saloon now, and I'm happy because I have enough money to go travelling every 3 or 4 months.

That's the spirit :xxgrinning--00xx3: Would much rather save for a trip than pay through the nose for status symbol. Never driven a ferrari or anything like that, but there's no feeling in the world like riding sidecar on a tricycle through rush hour with taxis and jeepneys coming straight at you and swerving at the last second :D

Pete/London
16th May 2010, 15:52
I`m a german car lover, My wife drives our 5 series BMW
but its been keyed 3 times now and just a couple of days ago she parked at a supermarket and folded the wing mirrors in to come out and find it yanked out and is now :censored: I also have a merc and a vw caddy but driving in town is getting so bad that it does`nt seem worth owning anything decent anymore. My fav car of all was my first original mini, like driving a go cart

KeithD
16th May 2010, 16:31
I`m a german car lover, My wife drives our 5 series BMW
Another link to Hitler :yikes:

bornatbirth
16th May 2010, 16:35
enough about cars and germans, i much prefer motorbikes :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
16th May 2010, 16:43
enough about cars and germans, i much prefer motorbikes :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I only ride motorbikes in the Philippines,normally after SM and Chivas chasers, stopped it now ,the heart cant take it anymore:crazy:

Peanutz
16th May 2010, 17:48
I think I will go for the new Fiat 500 :D

sensi*
16th May 2010, 22:27
well it would def. have to be one of those mgs , the one that has the 7 gears?
although hondas always seem reliable to me:icon_lol:

kenny
16th May 2010, 22:40
I would like a top of the range Mercedes. Mecedes Benz is more class than Bmw, why is it Bmw drivers think they own the road and want overtake everything they see in their path:cwm3:

David House
17th May 2010, 16:24
At one time or another I have driven Audis, BMWs Mercedes and every brand of "reps" car going. All as company cars. Now I own one and I really don't care too much. So long as it does the job, is reliable and pulls my caravan it's enough. I am just not interested in flashy status symbols, there are much more important things in the world than them. My current UK car is a Suzuki Grand Vitara. Bought it new 7 years ago and not yet had a thing go wrong with it. I really dislike the Clarkson attitude to cars, although I confess I find Top Gear compelling watching.
In the Philippines I drive a pretty beat up Kia Sportage, primarily not to draw too much attention to myself. It gets me around well enough, takes the knocks without complaint and is cheap to fix as there are so many.

gWaPito
17th May 2010, 19:38
i would like the pussy wagon! :)

how cool, until you saw me driving it :bigcry:

A stretched hummer, just like bornabirth with blacked out windows and all that goes with it, my wife of course and all the strollers to carry our babies, as for driving it, nah! we get a driver :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
18th May 2010, 06:33
In da phils we have a pajero and recently a toyota lite ace mainly for visitors/friends. Here my company motor is Audi A6 touring and very competent it is however back in the early nineties I worked for Jaguarsport/TWR/Aston Martin on the XJ220 and the DB7. We did back to ride and write appraisals of all sorts of super car/luxury sports cars at Millbrook proving ground and my favourite was the DB7 and is still only surpassed by the the Vantage. My all time favourite car(purely based on the exhaust tone) was a self built replica AC Cobra (aaaaaawwwwwweeeeeesssooooooommmmmme:omg::omg::omg: scared the bejesus out of me

Now I am somewhat older and hopefully wiser I care less about cars but still appreciate was goes into producing a beautiful looking, well balanced and safe car and BMW do that very well

Ann07
18th May 2010, 07:47
Mini cooper for me please and i want it orange:doh:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Notavirusalso
18th May 2010, 13:00
Cmon guys if your getting a 4b get one of these's Bowler Wildcat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLvlfAyduvA
but having said that i once owned a fiesta mk1 van 950cc I miss it diddnt go no where fast but it was so so easy to fix ... if anything ever went wrong... 50 odd to the gallon :bigcry:

Notavirusalso
18th May 2010, 13:07
Suzuki Swift Sport :xxgrinning--00xx3:
and i want it red , perfect for me:Rasp:

K hunnie but u pay the road tax and insurance

sars_notd_virus
18th May 2010, 13:15
K hunnie but u pay the road tax and insurance
hmmpt !!!ok i'll take it out from your allowance:Rasp:

Notavirusalso
18th May 2010, 13:31
hmmpt !!!ok i'll take it out from your allowance:Rasp:

k hun am only teasing please not my allowance......
i have checked they are only about £13000 at that price we can get two

sars_notd_virus
18th May 2010, 13:35
k hun am only teasing please not my allowance......
i have checked they are only about £13000 at that price we can get two

Ok hunnie ,i changed my mind lets just get that Bowler Wildcat:xxgrinning--00xx3::Rasp:

Eleathegreat
18th May 2010, 21:54
Talking about insurance... i paid £2300 insurance for my mini cooper S convertible. :omg: ... i was so shocked when i got the insurance quote but too late, i paid the car already. the trick was, i couldnt get it from the dealer if there is no insurance... damn! nobody told me that insurance costs that much in the UK. Group 16E engine, plus having PH international driver's licence with 0 years "no claim"... very good combination.

Englishman2010
18th May 2010, 22:02
If you like the Bowler Wildcat, why not go for it's tuned up big brother, The Nemesis. This one is based on a Range Rover Sport Chassis and is even more of a brute than the Wildcat

Languish
18th May 2010, 23:02
Shelby Mustang GT500 :) American muscle cars old and new are the best!

bornatbirth
18th May 2010, 23:09
sinclair C5 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
19th May 2010, 12:03
Talking about insurance... i paid £2300 insurance for my mini cooper S convertible. ... i was so shocked when i got the insurance quote but too late, i paid the car already. the trick was, i couldnt get it from the dealer if there is no insurance... damn! nobody told me that insurance costs that much in the UK. Group 16E engine, plus having PH international driver's licence with 0 years "no claim"... very good combination.

Thats really expensive init? my husband just added me in our car insurance that saves us a lot. But I really want a mini cooper like you heheheh maybe when the boys are a bit older ...too long to wait nevermind lolz:Erm::Erm::Erm:

gWaPito
19th May 2010, 18:22
Nothing wrong with a C5 although mine is a Citroen :D
A good mile eater, for sure.

I do notice many a mismatch of car and owner, for example a Jeremy Clarkson and a Lambo. These people loving developed theses motors for a lard as _ like him to drive it, for me, that is bad image, or is it, perhaps this is why I don't watch 'top gear' just my oppinion folks:xxgrinning--00xx3:

JimOttley
8th June 2010, 00:33
I would drive this, she's all I ever wanted and I would have another one in a hearbeat if I had the money :(

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/18/70649032_fc38efcf4d.jpg

Been all over Scotland with the club (middle aged hooligans :))

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/2321806893_633f14ecb2.jpg

Sorry about the large image but this is one of my favourites, a Scottish Highlands Tour in 2005 fantasic event.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/4679929189_abdea04eae_b.jpg

We were lucky we had a little overlap before I had to sell her (the car that is :))

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2296/2106670702_0964162692.jpg

This was the day I sold her, had her for just over 4 years ( the red one is what I am left with lovely 10 year old car)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/2566190404_708ab234f6.jpg

for those that don't know this is the Honda S2000, the widow maker, a potentially deadly car in the wrong hands, she bit you if you handled her roughly but stuck to the road like glue at any speed if you had a gentle touch, oh god I miss her :bigcry: ;)

subseastu
8th June 2010, 11:57
Alfa Romeo 8C or any lambo. A triumph stag would go down well to

belfast_dude
8th June 2010, 21:55
can i have K.I.T.T. or the bat mobile...maybe de lorean from back to the future...herbie or the general lee..ecto-1......all would be acceptable..thanx

belfast_dude
8th June 2010, 21:56
seriously...1958 plymouth fury...better known as "christine"...from the movie...cooooooooool car

beppe
8th June 2010, 23:04

A Volvo fan, long or short trips, hot or cold weather, Canadian temperatures, never let me down.

Now-days car manufactures have changed a lot, spare parts made somewhere, assembled elsewhere else, a lot of electronic and design almost the same, the only difference is the logo, nevertheless they all have financial troubles.

mikey73
9th June 2010, 05:12
i would love to have a classic morgan, or DB9

mrdavid777
11th June 2010, 09:21
wow nice topic, i was thinking about changing my cars but i think i will keep them now
i got a 4X4 tourag V6, does everything and moves tvs,a and funiture should need be
and i got a JAG XK, which i might still sell as someone said as you get older sitting nearer the floor not so nice, any offers on it let me know
hey and do you get the photos up here,