Off to the pub to have a few celebratory drinks shortly :Rasp:

bornatbirth
11th May 2010, 19:57
what does one drink in the home counties :Erm:

say hello to alf garnett from me :D

englishbird
11th May 2010, 21:16
Off to the pub to have a few celebratory drinks shortly :Rasp:

I wouldn't celebrate too soon if I was you. Got to put up with a Tory :icon_tonguew: for at least 4 years!!. Kiss goodbye to your :REGamblMoney01HL1:.

:cwm23:

KeithD
11th May 2010, 21:27
Does anyone have any of that left after 13 years of Labour? :Erm: Biggest government and personal debt ever under them :doh

Welcome Mr Nick Cameron :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
11th May 2010, 22:02
i didnt realise that clegg was a sell out?

what a pratt :doh

a minorities chance to get to the big time and they grabbed it :NoNo:

joebloggs
12th May 2010, 00:10
labour not so dumb not doing a deal with the libs..

why because it will not work out, and now Cameron and clegg with get the blame for all the :censored:, and labour will be voted back in again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
12th May 2010, 00:20
....or look pretty stupid and even more useless when it does work, as it does in many other countries. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
12th May 2010, 00:27
Does anyone have any of that left after 13 years of Labour? :Erm: Biggest government and personal debt ever under them :doh

Cue Labourites to launch into the tired jibes of "look what happened under Thatcher, Disraeli"etc along with any ancient history they sadly believe is apt. The only bit of history that is relevant is it's dustbin and that is where Gordon Brown (no more boom and bust) is headed.

Bye bye Bottler :Wave: you won't be missed

Arthur Little
12th May 2010, 01:12
:Erm: ... sorry to disillusion anyone ... it may be the finish of his Prime Ministerial career, but it is NOT the end of Gordon Brown :NoNo: who - as of this moment - is on his way north to his Scottish constituency in West Fife where, according to a reliable source [a lifelong Tory supporter, no less!] he is apparently held in the highest esteem! :appl:

Arthur Little
12th May 2010, 01:44
:Erm: ... sorry to disillusion anyone ... it may be the finish of his Prime Ministerial career, but it is NOT the end of Gordon Brown :NoNo: who - as of this moment - is on his way north to his Scottish constituency in West Fife where, according to a reliable source [a lifelong Tory supporter, no less!] he is apparently held in the highest esteem! :appl:

I wish to make it clear that the above post is in no way intended to infer that the contributor is biased in favour of the Labour Party. It simply expresses a personal view ... that Gordon Brown assumed the top political office in the land at a time when, sadly, :bigcry: he became the scapegoat left to clear up the shambles left by his wily predecessor!

Dedworth
12th May 2010, 06:54

No doubt he stopped off at Iain Busby's on the way to discuss where it all went wrong :icon_lol:

kenny
14th May 2010, 22:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I remember Labour's amthem when they got in goverment back in 97 :rolleyes: it was Things can only get better by D-ream:crazy:

jimeve
15th May 2010, 11:12
Wonder what torie/libdems was ...two little boys had to little brains :laugher:

beppe
8th June 2010, 23:18

Politicians are of the same feathers, good in promises before and in excuses after, wait and see.

Amaw2008
10th June 2010, 17:50
Gordon Brown has now quit, and bearing in mind the state of the economy, many are quite glad of the change. However, unlike some others, I don't regard him as a complete prat. Why not? Before he became prime minister we had several thousand troops in Iraq, and now we only have a few dozen military advisers and trainers. It was Gordon Brown who oversaw the concentration on Basra airport and then the final withdrawal. So, happy retirement Gord, I hope David Cameron can do the same thing in Afghanistan.

Arthur Little
10th June 2010, 19:04
Gordon Brown has now quit. However, unlike some others, I don't regard him as a complete prat.

To be perfectly honest ... nor do I. :NoNo:

Why not? Before he became prime minister we had several thousand troops in Iraq, and now we only have a few dozen military advisers and trainers. It was Gordon Brown who oversaw the concentration on Basra airport and then the final withdrawal.

:gp: He "took up the reins" at a very difficult time ... when the Government was at a particularly low ebb, following the War in Iraq. Then he was left to clear up the mess left by his wily predecessor - who had been crafty enough to quit before things got any worse.

So, happy retirement Gord.

He's well out of it, :iagree: ... good luck to his successor!

I hope David Cameron can do the same thing in Afghanistan.

Hmm ... :rolleyes: it's certainly to be hoped so.