PDA

View Full Version : Where you all gone??

triple5
7th May 2010, 14:54
Surely the new design's not that hard to find your way around :Erm: I can't believe how quiet the place has gone since the upgrade. Or maybe you're all too busy trying to get in your local polling stations :icon_lol:

Hope to see you soon :)

KeithD
7th May 2010, 15:14
It hasn't gone quiet!! Same number of daily visitors, and that'll start to increase over the coming weeks/months as the new SEO kicks in. If you mean post count, that counted different than the other one, but I've corrected that now.

triple5
7th May 2010, 15:21
Just seems like a lack of new threads, seems mostly articles :Erm:

KeithD
7th May 2010, 15:29
Just seems like a lack of new threads, seems mostly articles :Erm:
That's cos me and the mods haven't started any completely useless ones the last few days as we're all very busy :Sex:

Arthur Little
7th May 2010, 16:10
MY BIGGEST *gripe [if it could be called *that] is how long it seems to take for SOME posts to filter through. :cwm24: Frustratingly, I tried and tried - in vain - to send one in the early hours of this morning, and have discovered it has since appeared ... in duplicate!! See thread on 'Ed Balls'.

Is it the chat box that's causing this, I wonder? :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
7th May 2010, 16:17
Postscript: Now, I notice the word 'is' appears TWICE in my first sentence ... when I typed it only once! :crazy:

jimeve
7th May 2010, 16:48
too many shots of whiskey Arthur :spit:

KeithD
7th May 2010, 18:15
MY BIGGEST *gripe [if it could be called *that] is how long it seems to take for SOME posts to filter through.

Nothing to do with this site, I was doing some heavy processing on the forum to stabilize a few GB's of databases. Should all be quicker now.

Sim11UK
7th May 2010, 19:50
It definately has been quiet, hardly any regulars online & no ones been posting. :cwm24:

aromulus
7th May 2010, 20:20
It definately has been quiet, hardly any regulars online & no ones been posting. :cwm24:

Well, yeah, half the regular regulars are in Pinas gallivanting, some others I know of are in Vegas for a well deserved break... :rolleyes: and the others have to work for a living and some of us are up to their eyeballs dealing with car insurance claims and such like...:doh

joebloggs
7th May 2010, 22:49
Surely the new design's not that hard to find your way around :Erm: I can't believe how quiet the place has gone since the upgrade. Or maybe you're all too busy trying to get in your local polling stations :icon_lol:

Hope to see you soon :)
:doh there was a polling station very close to me, but nope i had to go to the one 1/2 a mile away :crazy: and it was a ship container, only room for 2 people :icon_lol:........:doh

keithAngel
8th May 2010, 15:10
definatly gallivanting in my case with a lack of internet but my posting has gone down witrh the lack of nonsense posts :Rasp:

aposhark
8th May 2010, 19:40
I have not enjoyed the forum since the changeover :NoNo:
I hope it improves and stabilises in the future.

KeithD
8th May 2010, 23:49
I have not enjoyed the forum since the changeover :NoNo:
I hope it improves and stabilises in the future.

:Erm: It's hardly any different, and it's been stable since I changed it!!

fred
9th May 2010, 03:17
Its not that bad!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Can you put a link to where you describe how to fill the page with the forum? I dont like everything squeezed into the middle like this..
The major difference to me is the fact that there is no quick link to recent posts..Well there is but does not include posts Ive just read or replied to..
That aside,Im getting used to the new format.

Alan
9th May 2010, 06:59
Probably missing the obvious - but how do I give rep?

Al.:)

Sim11UK
9th May 2010, 07:04
Probably missing the obvious - but how do I give rep?

Al.:)

It's the black star, along the bottom of the post...Are you gonna give me one? :omg:

KeithD
9th May 2010, 13:12
Its not that bad!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Can you put a link to where you describe how to fill the page with the forum? I dont like everything squeezed into the middle like this..
Already have numerous times. Change the Style bottom right, or set it in your UserCP.

The major difference to me is the fact that there is no quick link to recent posts..Well there is but does not include posts Ive just read or replied to.
They work the same as the old system. Uread Posts, Todays posts, and Advanced Search, all list whatever you want.

aposhark
9th May 2010, 13:55
:Erm: It's hardly any different, and it's been stable since I changed it!!

Keith, in the past there was a gap showing where the recent posts ended.
I have not seen this recently, or have I gone blind :yikes:

aposhark
9th May 2010, 14:00
That's cos me and the mods haven't started any completely useless ones the last few days as we're all very busy :Sex:

Its so nice to see the mods enjoying each other in a very cosy way :icon_lol: