PDA

View Full Version : forum questions?

keithAngel
4th May 2010, 18:52
Im still struggling a bit with this new format

1) How do i find Todays posts? (not new ones)

2) Why does it say 6 unread posts top right when it must be nearer to severall hundred?

3) How do I give rep? scales?

I may think of more

Oh yeah whats with the articles thing it doesnt go to an article?

Is it just me?:bigcry:

aromulus
4th May 2010, 18:56

No it ain't...:Brick:

KeithD
4th May 2010, 21:17
1) How do i find Todays posts? (not new ones)

Well it was in the Advanced Search where it's always been, but I added a shortcut to the QUICK LINKS menu just for you ;)

2) Why does it say 6 unread posts top right when it must be nearer to severall hundred?
Depends on when you last visited, how long you've been online.

3) How do I give rep? scales?
Click the STAR next to BLOG THIS POST

Oh yeah whats with the articles thing it doesnt go to an article?

It's so people know a new article has been added, otherwise it'd be a waste of time publishing them, and the comments in the thread appear as comments under the article.

Arthur Little
5th May 2010, 12:48

:NoNo: ... must confess it's taken ME a bit of time getting used to as well! But then ... I'M an :olddude: - who's probably long past his "Sell By Date"! :icon_lol:

Slowly, but surely, though I [think] :rolleyes: everything is now beginning to fit into place ... thanks to Boss Keith's explanation! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
5th May 2010, 12:55
does it seem there is less posting going on?:Erm:

johncar54
5th May 2010, 13:07
I for one am less inclined to post as I too am finding the new style difficult.

The change coincided with me getting a new PC with Windows 7. I was tempted to think that had affected things.

Just one point. I don't see how to include the 'quote' other than pasting it in.

Sim11UK
5th May 2010, 13:39
Yes not much posting going on....had no internet connection, monday to tuesday mid morning & only 150 ish unread posts...used to take a while to catch up. Most of those were RSS feeds or articles? :Erm:

keithAngel
5th May 2010, 13:42
John "reply with quotes" is bottom right under the blue field of the post:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
5th May 2010, 14:09
John "reply with quotes" is bottom right under the blue field of the post:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Keith

raynaputi
6th May 2010, 02:08
how come when i use the Quick Reply or the Reply and Reply with Quote, my signature isn't shown in my post? I still have to Go Advance and tick the box that would do so..:Erm:

South-east boy
6th May 2010, 12:14

That's what I was thinking too-seems pretty quiet this week.

South-east boy
6th May 2010, 12:14

johncar54
6th May 2010, 13:40

Hey South East, are trying to increase the number of posts by posting twice ? ?????

KeithD
6th May 2010, 13:54
how come when i use the Quick Reply or the Reply and Reply with Quote, my signature isn't shown in my post? I still have to Go Advance and tick the box that would do so..:Erm:

Sig is now in Quick Reply.

Unread Posts works different now as I'm trying another option. It used to count every single post, it now kind of covers unread threads, but not quite ;) :rolleyes: .... just trying some of the new options.

South-east boy
6th May 2010, 16:08
Hey South East, are trying to increase the number of posts by posting twice ? ?????

Dunno how that happened! Just replied in the reply with quote box as usual! :Erm:

Deanotheman
23rd June 2010, 18:32
How do you post a question?

walesrob
23rd June 2010, 18:54
How do you post a question?

:doh You just did