PDA

View Full Version : NHS, GP, hospital

mdelg55
11th February 2005, 17:13
Hi to all forums members and visitors my name is MAURIZIO.
A topic I would like to ask if my Girlfriend and her Daughter are allowed to have free consultations with a GP or hospital Admissions for treatment.
My girlfriend has a Marriage visa and she with her daughter just arrived un the country.She is Expecting our baby in June.
The citizen advise bureau are confused on the issue...does anyone knows...thanks :blink: Maurizio

Admin
11th February 2005, 20:30
Just take them to your GP, and they register their. No problem. They may have to produce their passports, but my wife never. That was 4 years ago though, and they keep tinkering with the rules, but anyone in this country is entitled to free treatment.

You'll have to pay for prescriptions though.

She'll be well looked after at the birth, all the nurses are Filipino :lol:

ginapeterb
11th February 2005, 21:32
Originally posted by admin@Feb 11 2005, 07:30 PM
Just take them to your GP, and they register their. No problem. They may have to produce their passports, but my wife never. That was 4 years ago though, and they keep tinkering with the rules, but anyone in this country is entitled to free treatment.

You'll have to pay for prescriptions though.

She'll be well looked after at the birth, all the nurses are Filipino :lol:

Quoted post

Hey Maurizio, welcome back, glad to see Richie is in country and your new daugher, I have pm for you at your inbox, Maurizo, call me at home, I have left my numbers for you, thanks for the information you gave me, I will place it on the Forum for others to see, we havent heard from Rockman after his girl was granted a visa, thanks for tellings us what happened to your girl Maurizio.

Just take Richie to the GP. as Keith has said, register her, she is entitled to medical, and register her for the baby, that is all on NHS, so dont worry,

Admin
11th February 2005, 21:43
Stop changing your avatar Pete, your confusing me :P ;)