PDA

View Full Version : New Server

Admin
10th February 2005, 22:19
Possibly next Wednesday at around 0:30am GMT, the forum & dating database may be offline while we move to a dedicated server. This gives me more power, and a server with full control all to myself, so everything should speed up.

Because of this the new IP has to spread around the globe and can take anything from 1hr to 2 days for some DNS servers to update, so the forum & dating database may be offline a while for some.

The main Filipino UK site will still work though as this is with a seperate supplier.

I am also in talks to have the Win2Win Racing site redone by professional web designers, and if they do a good job, they'll be doing the Filipino UK one, and the Win2Win poker site. Their will be no downtime for this, and maybe 2 months off.

Admin
17th February 2005, 09:51
OK, we are now on the new server, and the forum works much faster. The new forum is running great, so it's all done now. Wan't that painful was it?

ginapeterb
17th February 2005, 10:26
Originally posted by admin@Feb 17 2005, 08:51 AM
OK, we are now on the new server, and the forum works much faster. The new forum is running great, so it's all done now. Wan't that painful was it?

Quoted post

Keith however, when you click on each sub section, not all the topics show, the only topics that show seem to be the last 2, the majority are coming up as hidden topics, for example in courting and relationships the topics are mostly hidden, whats the situation with this.

Admin
18th February 2005, 18:01
Haven't a clue, just spent the last 24hrs rebuilding the Win2Win Racing database!! :blink:

I'll have a look at this one when time allows, it may just need a rebuild as well.

Admin
18th February 2005, 18:05
Ah, sorted. At the bottom their is a drop down option for LAST 30 DAYS, 1 WEEK, SHOW ALL, etc, I need to change the default......ASAP....