PDA

View Full Version : I sure do miss the Phlippines

Northerner
30th April 2010, 18:10
Well, it has been over 5 months since I got back to the UK and due to holiday entitlement from work it will be until October at the least before I get back there...

And just now I am really starting to miss it more than before:cwm24:

Had a good day so far, went to the gym and met some friends. Was going to go out tonight to the cinema, but too shattered after today... So, sat back in my t-shirt and Combat shorts listening to Jack Johnson, Marie Digby and Princess - all acoustic sets. and then I realize... This was what I was doing in Pinas, except of course I had my mahal at my side too.. :love2:

Hmmm... I guess we all have moments like this:cwm25:

alanmf1
30th April 2010, 19:26
I know that feeling also.... now 9 months since i got back from Bohol. Unfortunatley when i was there i got news that the company that i was working for for 5 years had gone in to Liquidation! :Brick:
I have been very lucky to have been in full time employment for over 20 years so its been quite a shock to my system.:Help1:

On the positive side i am surviving and we have been able to obtain Arlene's annulment recently:Jump:

Next step hopefully in May will be Application for a Tourist Visa for Arlene:heartshape1: to visit the UK in the late summer.

I hope to spend Xmas back in Philippines so all in all its great now the sun is shining and each day to look forward to being close to my mahal again soon..... oh and not forgetting..:Sex:

We YM each morning and night and i know its tough for her...i appreciate all the help and support here on the forum.

Great people.....:Hellooo: Great friends:grouphug:

Florge
30th April 2010, 19:33
ahhhwwww... i miss Pinas too... i'll be home soon... hayyyyy ;)

Doc Alan
30th April 2010, 19:56
I can understand how you feel. I'm off next week for 3 weeks ... but then ... back to sunny Scarborough !:)

somebody
30th April 2010, 20:44
Wow Florge u must be excited to go back maam:)

Sean know how u feel it does seem like paradise but it will be even more amazing for the wait.

Plenty of time to prepare are you gonna try and learn some of your mahals mother tongue?
Its the oine thing i had wished i had done with a bit more vigour early in our relationship i bought some books early on (some stayed in phill to help the kids with school work) but even if your only of a basic level and just understand a little more it will make your stay a lot easier and stop u sitting there making everyone uncomfortable because u cant join in.

The Wifes family when i would do a bit of taglish was like watching there own born first words it means a lot especially to the older folks whose English is not so sharp normally

Turn the time round in your favour so its not a pain but a great time to brush up on your phill skills:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
30th April 2010, 20:46
i also miss Pinas..how I wish I can be back soon but am still waiting for my ILR..:NoNo:

laurel
30th April 2010, 21:22
Well, it has been over 5 months since I got back to the UK and due to holiday entitlement from work it will be until October at the least before I get back there...

And just now I am really starting to miss it more than before:cwm24:

Had a good day so far, went to the gym and met some friends. Was going to go out tonight to the cinema, but too shattered after today... So, sat back in my t-shirt and Combat shorts listening to Jack Johnson, Marie Digby and Princess - all acoustic sets. and then I realize... This was what I was doing in Pinas, except of course I had my mahal at my side too.. :love2:

Hmmm... I guess we all have moments like this:cwm25:

what a coincidence, missed my gf and the Phils big time today, dont know what its loke for others but sometimes it hits me hard from nowhere......I always miss her and want to be with her, but you just cope and get on with it, but today from the moment I woke up I knew i was in for a struggle.......as was said im sure we all get like this

Northerner
30th April 2010, 22:14
I know that feeling also.... now 9 months since i got back from Bohol. Unfortunatley when i was there i got news that the company that i was working for for 5 years had gone in to Liquidation! :Brick:
I have been very lucky to have been in full time employment for over 20 years so its been quite a shock to my system.:Help1:

On the positive side i am surviving and we have been able to obtain Arlene's annulment recently:Jump:

Next step hopefully in May will be Application for a Tourist Visa for Arlene:heartshape1: to visit the UK in the late summer.

I hope to spend Xmas back in Philippines so all in all its great now the sun is shining and each day to look forward to being close to my mahal again soon..... oh and not forgetting..:Sex:

We YM each morning and night and i know its tough for her...i appreciate all the help and support here on the forum.

Yeah, that's why we're here... And I like the way you and your mahal yahoo every day.. I think I am going to try and get Rizza a mobile broadband contract as we cannot do that at the minute...

ahhhwwww... i miss Pinas too... i'll be home soon... hayyyyy ;)

And as a married woman too:D I bet everyone bugs you for stories about what it is like here in the UK.

Wow Florge u must be excited to go back maam:)

Sean know how u feel it does seem like paradise but it will be even more amazing for the wait.

Plenty of time to prepare are you gonna try and learn some of your mahals mother tongue?
Its the oine thing i had wished i had done with a bit more vigour early in our relationship i bought some books early on (some stayed in phill to help the kids with school work) but even if your only of a basic level and just understand a little more it will make your stay a lot easier and stop u sitting there making everyone uncomfortable because u cant join in.

The Wifes family when i would do a bit of taglish was like watching there own born first words it means a lot especially to the older folks whose English is not so sharp normally

Turn the time round in your favour so its not a pain but a great time to brush up on your phill skills:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I could never find a Visayan/English book and have been told there is none... So, guess I am going to rely on Rizza to teach me

what a coincidence, missed my gf and the Phils big time today, dont know what its loke for others but sometimes it hits me hard from nowhere......I always miss her and want to be with her, but you just cope and get on with it, but today from the moment I woke up I knew i was in for a struggle.......as was said im sure we all get like this

Yeah... I knew I was not alone.. We all feel it when we are back in the UK alone. And I guess the ladies feel a different type of homesickness here in grey England....

joebloggs
30th April 2010, 22:21
my misses has not been to the phils for 5 yrs, its not the phils she misses most, but her family :NoNo:
maybe this year all 5 of us will go :rolleyes:

somebody
30th April 2010, 23:02
Sean found some cd/dvds and they seem to put on the web as cebuano rather than viysan..

http://www.filipinolanguages.com/

Hers one site i have no idea how good or bad the company and the products are but there seems to be something which may help sir..

Plus plenty fo experts who could help im sure open this very froum:)

Good call about the interweb but be warned the ENTIRE family will use any internet based device and push it to its max so be careful about any which are not unlimited!!

Northerner
30th April 2010, 23:29
Sean found some cd/dvds and they seem to put on the web as cebuano rather than viysan..

http://www.filipinolanguages.com/

Hers one site i have no idea how good or bad the company and the products are but there seems to be something which may help sir..

Plus plenty fo experts who could help im sure open this very froum:)

Good call about the interweb but be warned the ENTIRE family will use any internet based device and push it to its max so be careful about any which are not unlimited!!

Thanks... I might get one of those DVDs :D

triple5
1st May 2010, 02:43
So it will be about year away from Rizza by the time you make it back? Thats way too long :NoNo: No way you can swing it so you take an early holiday or something?

somebody
1st May 2010, 11:40

Good luck to you both and hopefully soon your be together again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
1st May 2010, 19:01
So it will be about year away from Rizza by the time you make it back? Thats way too long :NoNo: No way you can swing it so you take an early holiday or something?

Would need to take unpaid leave... Which I am considering, just not sure if I could afford to do that...

joebloggs
1st May 2010, 19:53
i dont think i ever left it a year, i always went twice a year, for 2wks and then 9 days..
:rolleyes:

somebody
1st May 2010, 20:14
Would need to take unpaid leave... Which I am considering, just not sure if I could afford to do that...

With all the money needed further in the process it might be a tough call but I would advise not to otherwise it may set you back later in the process.
Not an easy decision to make, I feel for you both.

triple5
1st May 2010, 20:15
Did I remember you saying you worked in the call centre industry (apologies if i got you mixed up with another member)? I was chatting to an American one morning who's running a call centre here, loves it and says the pays pretty good. If you were ever thinking of spending more time out here you might find it easy finding a decent job with that experience.

Just thought I'd mention it.

somebody
1st May 2010, 20:45
Did I remember you saying you worked in the call centre industry (apologies if i got you mixed up with another member)? I was chatting to an American one morning who's running a call centre here, loves it and says the pays pretty good. If you were ever thinking of spending more time out here you might find it easy finding a decent job with that experience.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Sean will need in many cases need to learn how to speak like a Yank:D

joebloggs
1st May 2010, 20:49
in many cases need to learn how to speak like a Yank:D

yanks and cockneys sound the same to me :rolleyes:

somebody
1st May 2010, 20:55
yanks and cockneys sound the same to me :rolleyes:
Scousers n mancs for me :rolleyes:

Northerner
1st May 2010, 22:59
Yeah I work in a call centre.. recently took a step down back to the phones. Mainly in case I decide to take time out and live in Pinas for up to 3 months, I can still keep my job.. My previous position was more work than I could cram into my hours, so I ended up working for more hours than the (tiny) salary increase was worth...

Call Centre workers in Cebu earn between 10 to 15,000 pesos.. Enough to live on in Cebu, but I would then be put back in terms of a place for me and Rizza in the UK..

Leaving for cebu is an option.. But I think my final option if other routes for a visa are denied (for lack of evidence, say).