PDA

View Full Version : URGENT what does the VISA look like?

lordna
29th April 2010, 12:30
Just phoned my wife on a very bad line who got her father to open the package with the passports in back from VFS, as she is away from home . All she could tell me on the phone was that the passports(her and her daughters) said ENTRY CLEARANCE FOR THE UK and a seal. Very difficult to tell what she said exactly and a bit iof chinese whispers as this is what he dad told her.

She asked him to look for a refusal notice but he couldnt find one.

So have we got the Visas or not? can anyone tell me what settlement visas look like and shouldnt there be a date on it?

Please please reply.....the suspense is killing me as been waiting since March 3rd!

DaveUK
29th April 2010, 12:34
Sounds like the visa in my wife's passport fella. I believe the visa should also have your name stated on the visa as her spouse.

ca143
29th April 2010, 12:34
wow,thats already a visa im sure.......:D congrats

Sconnie
29th April 2010, 12:39
A visa will be added to one of the pages in each passport, it fills the whole page and is quite obvious, it could be on any of the pages in your passport.

joebloggs
29th April 2010, 13:25
like this for Settlement

http://ukinvietnam.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/jpg/4210068/visa

or for ILR

http://his888.co.uk/images/Indefinite_Leave_to_Remain.jpg

lordna
29th April 2010, 13:33
like this

http://ukinvietnam.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/jpg/4210068/visa

Thanks for the pic but its so small i cant read the wording on it. Can anyone describe the writing on it?

I did think about phoning my father in law but as he speaks little english and mainly Waray it wouldnt be much use asking him to describe it

joebloggs
29th April 2010, 13:37
Thanks for the pic but its so small i cant read the wording on it. Can anyone describe the writing on it?

I did think about phoning my father in law but as he speaks little english and mainly Waray it wouldnt be much use asking him to describe it

pretty much similar to the second one,
if its got something like any of these in it you've got your visa, if there is something stuck in her passport with her picture on you've it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
29th April 2010, 13:52
the problem is i cant see the passports till saturday and ther only thing i know is the wording includes 'Entry clearance for the uk' so thats why i would like someone to tell me the wording and put me out of my misery!

There must be lots of you out there with settlement visas....so please can someone transcribe the wording and post it here and i would be most grateful.

somebody
29th April 2010, 15:25
the problem is i cant see the passports till saturday and ther only thing i know is the wording includes 'Entry clearance for the uk' so thats why i would like someone to tell me the wording and put me out of my misery!

There must be lots of you out there with settlement visas....so please can someone transcribe the wording and post it here and i would be most grateful.

Lordna if its stamped and no Letter as Joe and others have said its good to go from what im aware.

heres a link to some pictures http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=imghp&q=uk+spouse+visa&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

If it has a date starting and finishing states no access to public funds and settlement visa with her name on I think your doing just fine congrats:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
29th April 2010, 16:08
They don't put ANYTHING in your passport if you haven't been given a visa, so if it has anything to do with the UK in it you've got it.

PAT
29th April 2010, 16:52
Just phoned my wife on a very bad line who got her father to open the package with the passports in back from VFS, as she is away from home . All she could tell me on the phone was that the passports(her and her daughters) said ENTRY CLEARANCE FOR THE UK and a seal. Very difficult to tell what she said exactly and a bit iof chinese whispers as this is what he dad told her.

She asked him to look for a refusal notice but he couldnt find one.

So have we got the Visas or not? can anyone tell me what settlement visas look like and shouldnt there be a date on it?

Please please reply.....the suspense is killing me as been waiting since March 3rd!

Hello, I think your wife and her daughter applications are approved. There was nothing written on my passport when my application was refused before. So, I would say ....Congratulations:)

Dedworth
29th April 2010, 17:32
This germ knows about different Visa designs :cwm23:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7635820/Forger-produced-fake-visas-and-passports-for-thousands-of-illegal-immigrants.html

Abdullah Azad, 76, was paid thousands of pounds by immigrants, some of whom were given British citizenship on the back of bogus documents he created.

Prosecutors said that those with false documents “had access to numerous privileges, state benefits, employment and unfettered continuous residence”.

Azad, a father-of-two from Manchester, has been jailed for five years for the scam which used bogus Home Office stamps, letters and endorsements, as well as college stamps and letters and national insurance number cards.

DavidArt
30th April 2010, 21:29
yes entry clearance means you got it congrats book a ticket now!hehehehehehe

lordna
1st May 2010, 01:04
YES!!!! another phone call home by the wife confirmed it. we have our visas! filed papers March 3rd received visas by courier April 29th.

Thanks everyone for your suppport and help. i will add notes on what i included at a later date for the benefit of others. ....but for now if anyone is thinking of using an agency in the philippines to help....DONT!

ThaiVisaExpress
20th May 2010, 06:20
Quick turn around time for the VFS in Manilla.

Arthur Little
21st May 2010, 12:27
Quick turn around time for the VFS in Manilla.

IS it? :rolleyes: Well, let's hope so ... because there are a number of people I know of on this site, who are still awaiting their visas!! :welcomex: here.

Arthur Little
21st May 2010, 13:15
YES!!!! another phone call home by the wife confirmed it. we have our visas! filed papers March 3rd received visas by courier April 29th.

Thanks everyone for your suppport and help. i will add notes on what i included at a later date for the benefit of others. ....but for now if anyone is thinking of using an agency in the philippines to help....DONT!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congratulations are in order once again. I'm sure there will be many who are likely to benefit from the information you're planning to share. Meanwhile, :68711_thanx: for your helpful advice.

janalam
21st May 2010, 14:19
i need help if some one r my friend sponsor me to UK: then which docs i attach with those docs and how much bank statement and period of bank statement.......: :)