PDA

View Full Version : confused.......

piggy
28th April 2010, 15:03
Hello everyone!!!

I just want to ask if we need to inform the UK embassy or Phil embassy that me and my husband got married here in Philippines.

I read something about that here but I can't find it... do I need to send our marriage certificate to them?

Thanks in advance!!!

September
28th April 2010, 16:57
I dont think so, not sure ,but if you apply for spouse visa, u need to present a copy of your marriage cert to British Embassy,

Arthur Little
28th April 2010, 18:17
Hello everyone!!!

I just want to ask if we need to inform the UK embassy or Phil embassy that me and my husband got married here in Philippines.

I read something about that here but I can't find it... do I need to send our marriage certificate to them?

Thanks in advance!!!

Don't [think] it's obligatory in either case; :NoNo: at least, the only reason you MIGHT want to register the marriage in the UK would be purely for record purposes. :Erm: ... As far as the Philippine Embassy is concerned, it could maybe be a help if you're *considering dual citizenship at some point in the future ... but I should imagine the Commission for Filipinos Overseas (CFO) will be authorised to provide any relevant proof in *this eventuality. :rolleyes: But, there again ... I could be wrong!

estherboaz
28th April 2010, 19:39
Nothing to worry about.If the marriage is performed outside the Philippines, you need to accomplished the report of marriage form and submit it to Phil embassy london. For you to read the entire thing, pls check this website http://philembassy-uk.org/downloadable_forms.html ,download the machine readable passport form and read the back page.

piggy
6th May 2010, 07:08
Here I am again...:)

I just want to ask if I have to receive a confirmation letter on my appointment....

I fill up the necessary details in SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT then I submit it BUT why can't I get a confirmation letter or something?

piggy
6th May 2010, 07:08
Here I am again...:)

I just want to ask if I have to receive a confirmation letter on my appointment....

I fill up the necessary details in SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT then I submit it BUT why can't I get a confirmation letter or something?