PDA

View Full Version : Trying again in the morning

Englishman2010
23rd April 2010, 20:23
After the delays caused by the infamous ash cloud last week, I am all set to leave Birmingham bound for Manila at 7.45 tomorrow morning.

I've had to re-arrange 5 separate hotel bookings, but to be fair to the hotelliers, none of them have charged me to amend or cancel my bookings. More than can be said for Philippine Airways and Cebu-Pacific. I've had to cancel 4 separate flights and book new Manila - Boracay (Kalibo) return flights for me and my g/f. I haven't got time to go to Tacloban now that I'm cutting my trip short by 3 days.

Things could be worse, I'm only £198 out of pocket on my flights and my insurers have already said they will refund that to me.

Fingers crossed all the flights will be back on schedule tomorrow.

Dedworth
23rd April 2010, 20:25
Good luck & bon voyage :Wave:

Englishman2010
23rd April 2010, 20:34
Thanks Dedworth

I forgot to mention, I'm also going to miss the next two weeks of boll..ks and bullsh1t coming out of GB's mouth as he desperately tries to cling on to his job and watches it go to DC. Shame I won't be here to vote, but my consituency is a safe Tory seat, he has a c.15K majority, so I don't think he'll miss my vote this time.

Dedworth
23rd April 2010, 20:57
Thanks Dedworth

I forgot to mention, I'm also going to miss the next two weeks of boll..ks and bullsh1t coming out of GB's mouth as he desperately tries to cling on to his job and watches it go to DC. Shame I won't be here to vote, but my consituency is a safe Tory seat, he has a c.15K majority, so I don't think he'll miss my vote this time.

I hope you come back to a Britain that is being pulled out of the cesspit this shower of ***** has had us in for untold years

RickyR
23rd April 2010, 21:00
Good luck and have a great trip. It's a shame about all of the hassle, but at least everything will go smoothly now :-)

alanmf1
23rd April 2010, 21:33
Best wishes have a great trip..........

Englishman2010
23rd April 2010, 21:36
Thanks everyone.

The Taxi's coming for me at 04.45, don't think I'll get a lot of sleep tonight

RickyR
23rd April 2010, 22:14
ouch, why did you book a flight so early? lol