PDA

View Full Version : Help with keeping my Fiance

Yunalas
23rd January 2007, 01:37
I'm Enlish and engaged to a Filipino Man.

He's visa run out early this April, and we want to stay together, have any ideas we can not think of any.

He has looked for work but can not find.

I was looking into the CNI, but dont know where to start, if its a fourm or what?

Please Help
Thanks for reading this

KeithD
23rd January 2007, 09:51
That makes no sense??

Your a man...engaged to a Filipino man!

His visa run out this April!! You mean ends, or you have a TARDIS? What visa?

What work?

No info, no one can help.

walesrob
23rd January 2007, 12:43
Hi Yunalas,

Welcome to the forum.

Please provide more detail and maybe we can help.

Yunalas
23rd January 2007, 15:50
I'm female

Yunalas
23rd January 2007, 15:51
visa just to stay here for 2 years

scotsfiancee
23rd January 2007, 17:02
visa just to stay here for 2 years

Still not clear for me :NoNo:

What kind of visa he hold?

Yunalas
23rd January 2007, 17:04
work visa sorry

walesrob
24th January 2007, 00:33
work visa sorry

So correct me if I'm wrong:

1) You are a British passport holder
2) Your fiancee is a Filipino national
3) He is here on a work visa.

Assuming the above, he cannot change his visa status while he is in the UK; he has a work visa now, it does not allow him to get married in the UK, only work.

He will need to return to the Philippines and from there he can apply for a Fiance Visa, which means he is able to return to the UK and marry you within a 6 month period, or you can both get married in the Philippines and he can apply for a Spouse Visa.

As for CNI, I would get a visa sorted out first!

Yunalas
24th January 2007, 01:03
That great thank you! so much!

KeithD
24th January 2007, 10:23
As he's already here on a visa, if he abides by the rules before the end and goes back to the Philippines, he can apply for a fiancee visa straight away, and could have it within 2 weeks if you follow all the advice around here.

You will need to supply information that you can support him with your wages, have savings, and that he can not work for the first 2 years.

Yunalas
24th January 2007, 15:57
He has to work, he's little girl is dieing of canncer, and I have got much work, havent got may own place and no savings

KeithD
24th January 2007, 16:00
Then they will not issue you with a fiancee or visitor visa. Simple as that I'm afraid.

Yunalas
24th January 2007, 16:08
what about an Spouse Visa?

eljean
24th January 2007, 16:37
just follow everything in applying for fiancee/fiance or spousal visa...supply those requirements they needs for sure you will be able to get him with you to live together in england....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yunalas
24th January 2007, 16:38
we Dont live together he lives at he's Boss's place and I live with my mum, she dont like him

KeithD
24th January 2007, 17:14
:doh

walesrob
24th January 2007, 17:49
what about an Spouse Visa?

As I said in my previous post, he only has a work visa, and this visa cannot be adjusted while he is in the UK. He must return to the Philippines to apply for a different visa, whether its for Spouse or Fiance.

eljean
24th January 2007, 17:53
:Brick:

Yunalas
24th January 2007, 23:04
yeah I understand, but what the different between them?

walesrob
24th January 2007, 23:16
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018721067257

andypaul
24th January 2007, 23:27
yeah I understand, but what the different between them?

Both are basically for the partner who lives abroad to be able to come to the uk so that they can live as a couple.

Finace visa where a couple prove they are in love and that they plan to get to married in the uk with in the first 6 months. The partner from abroad can not work untill married and have gained further leave to remain.

A spouse visa is where a couple are married and one of the partners needs a visa to enter the uk. You need to prove your both in a loving relationship, and that you the british resident can support your husband.

Sorry for the brief explantion, but you need to do a lot of reading for your self. Both this Site and Petes site can give you some background.

Heres a few basic questions to ask yourself?

Are you ready to marry this man?

Can you provide a palce for you both to stay?

Do you earn enough money to keep two people?

Getting a Visa for your loved one is not easy or cheap (finacially or emotionally) its hard work belive all the people above they have either gone though or are going though the process at the moment.

I wish you both the best of luck for the future

Yunalas
24th January 2007, 23:37
Are you ready to marry this man?
Yes

Can you provide a palce for you both to stay?
No, I still live at my mums, but he's boss would let him stay to theres

Do you earn enough money to keep two people?
I'm only an non- contract with no savings :s I get about £200 a month, I dont pay for my place but atm he is paying £40 a wekk to stay to he's boss's

So he is paying £160 a month and then I have £40 left, I am also looking for better work, but we couldn't we just get marry asap then he comes back?

eljean
25th January 2007, 08:04
move on...if thats the case....i think its impossible for you to get together at the moment because of you finacial status...you can get married yes asap...but if you cant provide things like 6 months wages slip and 6 months bank statement and an accomodation then definitely you will get only refusal if you apply for any visa....i dont seems to know this kind of case where it happens a british woman is with a filipino man...i dont know if you need to show that you can support your husband or fiance when he is in england or it has to be your man to do this things....hmmmmm....as far as i can understand in your case you are desperate to be with him...thats not bad but...you have to also realize things to get done in application....if you think you can "provide all the required documents in application as everyone in the furom says youre fiance will be with you in england" its the immigration law that you need to follow...and also talk this over with your fiance....maybe he will understand it more........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yunalas
25th January 2007, 08:46
hmmm I can not be the only one with a Filipino man.
what if I'm able to get a concel place then will he be aloud?

Yunalas
25th January 2007, 09:15
how about getting the CNI, to go and marry in the Phillipens (sorry if spelt wrong)

KeithD
25th January 2007, 09:35
Blimey. Can't even spell boyfriends country....or ALLOWED!! That'll go down well on the visa application :doh . You really need to start at the very basics for research......Philippine culture, basic laws/rules, language, etc....before even considering something as complicated/expensive as a visa, otherwise you are just throwing money away.

We like to be 100% honest on this forum. You have NO way at present of this boyfriend getting a visa. Man-wife, wife-man.....exactly the same procedure which ever way it goes.

If you're skint, which you are, you have no way of supporting boyfriend, and he will not be able to work here for 2 years on a Fiancee visa.

You need to consult with the Immigration department of the Citizens Advice Bureau. Just cut'n'paste that into Google. There is usually one in every major city.

gingxrick
25th January 2007, 09:47
Hi Yunalas, have just been reading your posts.
So your English and he's from the Philippines
he's here on a 2 year work permit
you live with your mum who doesnt like him
and he lives at his boss's house
your income is £200 per month
after paying his rent you have £40 left for yourself
so what happens to the money he gets paid from his boss
why are you paying his rent

Yunalas
25th January 2007, 14:32
to keep him here as he can not work (on the Fiance visa)
pluss my English is very poor sorry I have problems with my Enlish as the first 5 years of my life I was death so I have only been learning Enlish 14 years

fred
25th January 2007, 19:20
Yunalas , You mean you was death and then resurrected?
14 years learning Enlish? What went wrong?

KeithD
25th January 2007, 23:21
Yunalas , You mean you was death and then resurrected?
14 years learning Enlish? What went wrong?
Probably the same as what happened to yours :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Yunalas
25th January 2007, 23:40
deaf even lol

Yunalas
26th January 2007, 08:55
On a fiance visa could he says to he's mate houes if they: write a letter to say he can stay there and will be fed?
If yes then would they have to come to the interview?

KeithD
26th January 2007, 09:46
We don't condone lying to the embassy, and be careful, they read this forum.

Besides, that would not help, as you have no way of proving you have a good income, and a few grand in savings. Talk to the CAB.

eljean
26th January 2007, 12:42
never heard about a british who doesnt speak good english and who has to learn how to speak english????:Erm:

fred
26th January 2007, 13:42
never heard about a british who doesnt speak good english and who has to learn how to speak english????:Erm:

These days??:NoNo:
You are kidding right?

joebloggs
26th January 2007, 15:04
hmmm kids, opps younger people have grown up with slang, rap cra:censored: , texting, and if the gal was a late starter she would be at a disadvantage, i can believe anything, if i told you my story, you wouldnt believe, it will have you all in :bigcry: :bigcry:
but my wife might read it, and she would kill me, the truth hurts, and forgotten....................... well nearly :rolleyes:

Yunalas
26th January 2007, 17:57
Thanks Joe
pluss also having AAD which make my atention go while learning also dont help.

what would I need to have to marry in your contry?

Jimbo
26th January 2007, 20:23
and he will not be able to work here for 2 years on a Fiancee visa.

Win2Win

This is just not true:
A fiancé visa is only valid for six months and if a marriage results it should be converted into a further leave to remain (settlement) visa that does allow working (but not access to public funds).

Jimbo

KeithD
27th January 2007, 09:39
True, I forgot they changed it. Used to be only EU members, but now as the EU stretches to Antartica.......:Erm: :doh

You've never told us why he can't try and extend the work permit. It can be done.

Yunalas
27th January 2007, 18:39
he has been marryed before but now has divorse papers. So if we could marry it should be aloud? as long as we have the right documents

Jay&Zobel
10th February 2007, 22:34
to keep him here as he can not work (on the Fiance visa)
pluss my English is very poor sorry I have problems with my Enlish as the first 5 years of my life I was death so I have only been learning Enlish 14 years

Pls correct me if im wrong:

You were deaf? For how long? (Oh im sorry)
Got a learning disability too?

Thanks