PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, i'm new & processing my visa on wednesday

EllieOrmoc
18th April 2010, 21:01
Hi All, i'm Ellie from Ormoc City in Leyte, i'm flying to Manila on tuesday for my Visa application on wednesday, i'm feeling confident about my application, is that bad? Myself & my husband have submitted all the documents required & much more than what is required, so i hope it will be processed smoothly, please tell me, what is the avearge processing time? Do you have to request the Text progress service or is that automatic?
Many thanks to all who have contributed to this forum, before i submitted my application, i have read many many post & taken on board all the advices,
One againm Hi from Ellie in Ormoc City, Leyte.

maria_and_matt
18th April 2010, 21:03
hi ellie, goodluck on your application! and welcome to the forum :)

nigel
18th April 2010, 21:10
Hi All, i'm Ellie from Ormoc City in Leyte, i'm flying to Manila on tuesday for my Visa application on wednesday, i'm feeling confident about my application, is that bad? Myself & my husband have submitted all the documents required & much more than what is required, so i hope it will be processed smoothly, please tell me, what is the avearge processing time? Do you have to request the Text progress service or is that automatic?
Many thanks to all who have contributed to this forum, before i submitted my application, i have read many many post & taken on board all the advices,
One againm Hi from Ellie in Ormoc City, Leyte.Sometimes people get a quick response...sometimes people don't! I think it's due to how busy they are!:rolleyes:

Arthur Little
19th April 2010, 00:54

:welcomex:, Ellie. Nothing wrong with being quietly confident. :NoNo: When my wife applied for HER spouse visa in January 2009, VFS led her to believe she could expect an average waiting period of around three months; in the event, it took just over 4 weeks ... but there again, processing times CAN vary considerably - according to how busy the Embassy staff are. It used to be customary for texts to be sent out automatically ... but I believe nowadays you might need to request them when submitting your application.

Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
19th April 2010, 03:25
Hello Ellie..welcome to the forum and goodluck on your application:)

jam07
19th April 2010, 03:43
HI Ellie! welcome here and good luck on your visa application :)

liane
19th April 2010, 03:46
:meet-1: :welcomex: to the forum Elllie and good luck on your visa application:)

malditako
19th April 2010, 15:35
welcome...
nothings wrong feel that way...its good to think positively :)

vfs told me it will take up to 3 months but lots here on the forum got their visa as early as 2 weeks...hope i get results as early as them :)

mistermatty
19th April 2010, 17:09
Welcome and good luck !!

kittenhug
19th April 2010, 17:09
welcome...
nothings wrong feel that way...its good to think positively :)

vfs told me it will take up to 3 months but lots here on the forum got their visa as early as 2 weeks...hope i get results as early as them :)

two weeks? really? wow thats fast!

abby
19th April 2010, 19:12

hello ellie!

welcome to the forum and goodluck to your application..You will pay extra if you want to receive text update and if you want your documents be sent back to you once it's done. Dont worry as long as you submitted all the documents required your application will be fine. They said the average processing time is 3mos but its not applicable to all. Others have quick result like me which took 4 days only :yikes::D for my fiancee visa and I'm not confident that time since my partner's bank statement is not healthy but he managed to supply explanation for that reason.

Don't worry and stay positive.. Keep us posted bout your application..

evo76
19th April 2010, 20:40
Welcome to the forum, goodluck on your application,just keep on praying and everything will be fine....they are all right they usually say 3 months processing but sometimes it only take less than the usual or more than..mine only took 2 weeks...i think as long as you submitted all the necessary documents,everything will be fine.

kittenhug
19th April 2010, 20:49
Welcome to the forum, goodluck on your application,just keep on praying and everything will be fine....they are all right they usually say 3 months processing but sometimes it only take less than the usual or more than..mine only took 2 weeks...i think as long as you submitted all the necessary documents,everything will be fine.

wow that was fast! ;)

EllieOrmoc
21st April 2010, 09:39

Hi All, just had my visa application submission,(Spouse) i was in & out with bio metrics, a few quick questions & looking over all my papers, in just 19 minutes, the ECO looked impressed with the presentation of my documents, the courier fee is 330php for returning your documents & passport & the text progress service is 110php, payable direct at the VFS office
Some ladies looked terribly upset in the waiting area, just knowing they didn't have all the requirements to submit, its actually very simple,all you have to do is follow the checklist carefully & provide orginal documents as well as a complete set of copies of everything
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, the ECO said its now a maximum of 12 weeks processing time, or sooner:Jump:

sars_notd_virus
21st April 2010, 10:54
Hi ellie!!
I'd like to confirm the visa fee is it P46,368??
thanks a lot

aryM
21st April 2010, 11:19
Hi All, just had my visa application submission,(Spouse) i was in & out with bio metrics, a few quick questions & looking over all my papers, in just 19 minutes, the ECO looked impressed with the presentation of my documents, the courier fee is 330php for returning your documents & passport & the text progress service is 110php, payable direct at the VFS office
Some ladies looked terribly upset in the waiting area, just knowing they didn't have all the requirements to submit, its actually very simple,all you have to do is follow the checklist carefully & provide orginal documents as well as a complete set of copies of everything
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, the ECO said its now a maximum of 12 weeks processing time, or sooner:Jump:

:Hellooo:Welcome and Good luck Ellie....!

ebony
21st April 2010, 18:45

hi there Ellie.goodluck sa application mo.im from leyte as well.tga Baybay

scott&ligaya
2nd May 2010, 17:30
Hi Ellie, so you will be coming to Birmingham when you get your visa, you should make contact with Cheeky, she is filing fiance visa next week and will be coming to Birmingham. Ella has joined recently and she is in Stourbridge just south west of Bham so you should chat with her to. Here is a welcome to the midlands in advance from us

Scott and Liigaya

EllieOrmoc
2nd May 2010, 23:04
Hi Ellie, so you will be coming to Birmingham when you get your visa, you should make contact with Cheeky, she is filing fiance visa next week and will be coming to Birmingham. Ella has joined recently and she is in Stourbridge just south west of Bham so you should chat with her to. Here is a welcome to the midlands in advance from us

Scott and Liigaya

1 week to go & I'm leaving on Etihad from Manila on Sunday May 9th, arrive manchester Monday 7am, my husband said even thou i have the visa i will be interogated when i arrive in the UK? I posted a message to 'Ella' but no response:ARsurrender:
I'm excited to start my new life with my husband, he tells me he lives very close to Birmingham Airport, so maybe we can all exchange email address.......see you all soon in the UK
Ellie from Ormoc City in Leyte, soon in Birmingham UK

somebody
2nd May 2010, 23:09
1 week to go & I'm leaving on Etihad from Manila on Sunday May 9th, arrive manchester Monday 7am, my husband said even thou i have the visa i will be interogated when i arrive in the UK? I posted a message to 'Ella' but no response:ARsurrender:
I'm excited to start my new life with my husband, he tells me he lives very close to Birmingham Airport, so maybe we can all exchange email address.......see you all soon in the UK

HI good to read you got the Visa dont worry the immgration are not to bad when you return for majority of people on here certainly were not for my Wife.

Have a safe journey and a warm welcome to the UK:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

marlyn&kenny
3rd May 2010, 04:08
Congrats Ellie! another quick and successful application!

complex
3rd May 2010, 04:21

congrats Ellie and have a safe journey! :Wave: