PDA

View Full Version : working tax credit and childs benefits

jane2009
16th April 2010, 14:00
Hello guy's
In behalf of my husband i would like to ask this question here...I know alot of expert in here and hopefully help to answer this question....

My husband was started his job as a teacher july last year and he get £295 from working tax credit...I wonder if this could be change this year? Because last year until march this year he get £70 a week from child benifits and child tax credit....But started this april he only got £30 from child benefits and child tax...i dont know why....thank you very much for spending time reading my post....

jane

rusty
16th April 2010, 19:43
I have also noticed that in the new tax year, strating april, our tax credits have gone down £50 per month.

joebloggs
17th April 2010, 00:12
i think there is a number of reasons why you get less

they use your income from the previous year to work out what tax creds you'll get this year, so any increases in income this year probably means you get less next year

if i remember correctly you get more if the child is under one, once they reach one you get less for that child.

i think my tax creds have gone down every april, even thou cost of living and child care goes up :cwm24:

jane2009
19th April 2010, 17:24
thank you guy's for the reply....Hubby called them and asked if we still get a working tax credit but they said we cant get any because of his salary is enough for the 3 of us....i dont know....

joebloggs
19th April 2010, 17:29
thank you guy's for the reply....Hubby called them and asked if we still get a working tax credit but they said we cant get any because of his salary is enough for the 3 of us....i dont know....

he can still claim child benefit :D

jane2009
20th April 2010, 07:03
he can still claim child benefit :D

Yes Sir...£30 aweek...

evo76
20th April 2010, 10:56
This thread gives me some ideas..related to this topic, i just want to know if british husband avail child tax credit will it affect the wife's ILR application soon??? Thanks

Ann07
20th April 2010, 11:40
This thread gives me some ideas..related to this topic, i just want to know if british husband avail child tax credit will it affect the wife's ILR application soon??? Thanks

It wont:) Goodluck :)

evo76
20th April 2010, 13:06
Thanks Anna07...whew! been thinking about this for a long time already,I told my husband not to avail any benefits under his name from the government coz im afraid that it may affect my ILR application soon...Thank you thank you ...people's opinion /experiences in this forum really help us a lot.God bless everybody.

Ann07
20th April 2010, 14:24
Thanks Anna07...whew! been thinking about this for a long time already,I told my husband not to avail any benefits under his name from the government coz im afraid that it may affect my ILR application soon...Thank you thank you ...people's opinion /experiences in this forum really help us a lot.God bless everybody.

As long as he is the one claiming ( but the form is both in your name ) no worries at all.

Goodluck to you:)

joebloggs
20th April 2010, 18:07
As long as he is the one claiming ( but the form is both in your name ) no worries at all.

Goodluck to you:)

in fact there should be no problems if you claimed it, even thou it says on your passport 'no recourse to public funds' because your married to a EU citizen.

but its probably wise to reduce any problems, and so your husband should only actually claim the money, even thou you both need to fill the form in..