PDA

View Full Version : Cheap LCD TV's .... etc

KeithD
14th April 2010, 12:23
Bought a TV for my parents from here.... very cheap http://www.idealkit.co.uk/

Some are ex-Asda stock, returns that have been factpry checked and have a full warranty, etc... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
14th April 2010, 13:23
Bought a TV for my parents from here.... very cheap http://www.idealkit.co.uk/

Some are ex-Asda stock, returns that have been factpry checked and have a full warranty, etc... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:D
interesting scouser keith :Erm:

Notavirusalso
14th April 2010, 18:39
they had a 50" panasonic there for £100 the only thing wrong with it was the volume button diddnt work ... but at that i price you couldnt turn it down

KeithD
14th April 2010, 18:44
:NEW4:
they had a 50" panasonic there for £100 the only thing wrong with it was the volume button diddnt work ... but at that i price you couldnt turn it down
The Germans shot people for less :D :NEW4:

Englishman2010
14th April 2010, 21:48
Some cheap stuff on there, but a lot of it is Beko, Medion or Technika, I'm sure its ok but it is the very cheap end of the market already.

It's worth checking the large electrical retailers clearence lines if you want premium or medium quality brands. They often try to shift their returns at substantial discounts. I've just picked up a Hitachi 22 widescreen HD portable with built in DVD player from Dixons online for £140. It has a very small scratch on the base, you can't even see it. It came with a full 12 months manufacturers warranty, and should retail for about £240 normally.

I've also just picked up a Hotpoint washing machine from Dixons, the best price I could find on line was £314, but the RRP is £360, I got it for £251 from Dixons and it isn't a returned item.

Finally, I bought a LG 100hz 1080 Freesat/Freeview LG 37 inch TV from Argos last week for £399 in their sale. Prices on the comparison sites ranged from £520 to £650.

If you don't mind factory returned items, these people are very competitive too
http://www.electronicworldtv.co.uk/

Englishman2010
14th April 2010, 22:18
This is probably the best value TV around at present

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5363704.htm

Here are some comparison prices

http://www.tvprice.co.uk/lg-37lf7700-716.aspx

KeithD
15th April 2010, 09:14
Some cheap stuff on there, but a lot of it is Beko, Medion or Technika, I'm sure its ok but it is the very cheap end of the market already.

...and what most people don't know is it is mostly the same parts that make the cheap ones and the 'named' brands. Only a handful of factories make the LCD and chips/circuit boards required. And the LCD manufacturing process costs the same regardless of the price of the end product.

fred
15th April 2010, 09:23
Lcd`s are getting very cheap here too...They seem to want to make more space for the new delivery of LED TV`s..

Englishman2010
15th April 2010, 09:28
...and what most people don't know is it is mostly the same parts that make the cheap ones and the 'named' brands. Only a handful of factories make the LCD and chips/circuit boards required. And the LCD manufacturing process costs the same regardless of the price of the end product.

That is very true, but the snob factor comes into it. Would you rather have a brand new Panasonic TV in your living room or a Beko?

Dedworth
15th April 2010, 09:29

:gp:

KeithD
15th April 2010, 09:45
That is very true, but the snob factor comes into it. Would you rather have a brand new Panasonic TV in your living room or a Beko?
A Beko :Erm: ... I don't waste money so I can get 2 Beko's for the price of a Panasonic :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
15th April 2010, 09:51
A Beko :Erm: ... I don't waste money so I can get 2 Beko's for the price of a Panasonic :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It strikes me that Filipinos (particularly the female variety) are amongst the biggest brand snobs in the world, I wouldn't be surprised if many would rather have nothing than having the friends see a Beko or Onn in their living room

aromulus
15th April 2010, 10:01
Don't knock Beko folks....:rolleyes:

I bought a Beko fridge freezer, 12 years ago, and it still looks pristine and works great.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
15th April 2010, 10:04

I bought a Beko fridge freezer, 12 years ago, and it still looks pristine and works great.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
You haven't switched it on yet yer tight :erotic4: :D

fred
15th April 2010, 10:23
It strikes me that Filipinos (particularly the female variety) are amongst the biggest brand snobs in the world, I wouldn't be surprised if many would rather have nothing than having the friends see a Beko or Onn in their living room

Theres good reason for this.. The crap the Chinese get away with sending here is enough for anybody to be hooked on decent Japenese /Euro/US brands.. Most Chinese stuff sent here with a plug on the end of it is deadly..

Englishman2010
15th April 2010, 15:06

I bought a Daewoo Fridge Freezer from Curry's 10 years ago, it still works great too. But its still says Daewoo on it. Their cars were so bad that they had to re-name them Chevrolet to fool people.

It's the same with cars, it doesn't make any difference that Skoda's are just re-badged VW's or Audi's, it still says Skoda on the badge and that's enough to make most people turn their nose up.