PDA

View Full Version : advice

bonio69
13th April 2010, 23:19
i met a girl from the philippines while she was visiting relations here in the uk, we dated for 3 monthes befor her visa ran out and she returned home, but been in contact for over a year, every week , by skype/txt/phone every week, so im looking in to how i can get her over to visit or possible marrige, but the first thing i think might be a problem might be with myself being selfemployed and due to the credit cruch im having problems with the tax man i assumme this will be a problem , but thought i will ask for advice , her uncle will prob stand guanture for her to visit, and i can pay for flight and her keep, but looking if this went well woulod be looking in to marriage, thanking you in advance for your help, mal

keithAngel
14th April 2010, 01:34
Its half way all ready in so far as your girlfriend has already been to the UK and presumable complied with her visa conditions so well worth applying again she can aditionaly say that she wants to visit you as well as the family

On your second point vis the tax-man not enough info to comment you have to demonstrate that you can support her initialy but its also possible for example if she was already your wife and had a verifiable job offer in the uk that would help also even if your a bit skint :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ThaiVisaExpress
20th May 2010, 06:36
As she has previously visited the UK on a family visit visa this means she has travel history, but she may only spend any 6 months out of any 12 in the UK on a visit visa.

[URL="[URL="http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/fianceesproposedcivilpartners/"

The ECO will be looking for you to demonstrate you meet all the requirements of Paragraph 290 of the Immigration rules.

ThaiVisaExpress
21st May 2010, 04:17
If she has already been to the UK was this on a 6 Month family visit visa ?

joebloggs
21st May 2010, 08:23
On your second point vis the tax-man not enough info to comment you have to demonstrate that you can support her initialy but its also possible for example if she was already your wife and had a verifiable job offer in the uk that would help also even if your a bit skint :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i phoned up the Tax creds people not long ago, they do have access to information from companies like experian, becuase when setting up a password they asked me how long my loan was for :yikes:

ThaiVisaExpress
21st May 2010, 09:11
We seem to have some confusing advice here the main point is if she has been in the UK for 6 months already she must spend 6 months in Thailand before re applying.

The applicant may apply as the fiancée immediately as this would be under a different criteria however they must demonstrate they meet all the requirements of paragraph 290.
Also the ECO will be looking for them to demonstrate the relationship is subsisting and he has sufficient funds so he meets the maintenance and accommodation requirements.

Regards Paul

walesrob
21st May 2010, 09:17
We seem to have some confusing advice here the main point is if she has been in the UK for 6 months already she must spend 6 months in Thailand before re applying.

Thailand? You mean the Philippines?