PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale

mickcant
13th April 2010, 22:36
Hi all,:Hellooo:
Did those of us who watch the soaps see in “Emmerdale” tonight (Tuesday the 13th)
Notice that “Sam” reported his ex foreign girlfriend to the UKBP as having no papers and I think 3 Border Patrol officers were there almost straight away.

It seems in the real world they would do nothing!:doh
Mick.:76:

joebloggs
13th April 2010, 23:31
i saw a bit a couple of weeks ago, i think she said she didn't have a passport :rolleyes:, probably lost :rolleyes: or stolen :rolleyes:

so more likely they will arrest her, and as she doesn't have a password they will probably let her go, after telling her to report back to them every week :Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:

aromulus
14th April 2010, 06:38
i saw a bit a couple of weeks ago, i think she said she didn't have a passport :rolleyes:, probably lost :rolleyes: or stolen :rolleyes:

so more likely they will arrest her, and as she doesn't have a password they will probably let her go, after telling her to report back to them every week :Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:

Don't count on it, it is a politically correct soap opera and to make things look rosey, they will deport her...:omg::laugher:

johncar54
14th April 2010, 07:19
Nostalgia.

Ah, it brought it all back seeing the Border Agency arrive, almost before they were even called!

Do you remember when real life was like that ? The emergency services came quickly when you called them. No 999 list of priorities. Those were the days ! Now it's only on telly.

But to real life. I remember many years ago (I think was a Customs officer, but in any case it was the group tasked with dealing with illegal immigration) that everyone wanted illegals deported but when they tried to do so the local population would get up a petition, saying no don't deports him, just all the others !

Example, like the guy who had been running the local post office. No don't deport him he is a great guy, doing a great service, part of the community etc etc.

I guess thats human nature. In Emmerdale, although just a soap, I am sure there will be a big swell of opinion, both in the soap and even in UK, saying she should be allowed to stay.

KeithD
14th April 2010, 09:12
You lot need to get out more :D

les_taxi
14th April 2010, 19:02
Hey leave my soap alone!

It's filmed near harrogate and i pick up lots of the actors.

They are a good bunch and of course one of the loveliest places in england to live :)

kenny
14th April 2010, 22:13
Hey leave my soap alone!

It's filmed near harrogate and i pick up lots of the actors.

They are a good bunch and of course one of the loveliest places in england to live :)

I had a Dingle in my taxi once:omg:

Scouse
15th April 2010, 20:49
I had a Dingle in my taxi once:omg:

I went through Dingle on Panay a few times