PDA

View Full Version : everything is so slow

aromulus
19th January 2007, 20:22
After a couple of months of waiting, I decided to phone the priest in charge of the local anulment tribunal... It is going to take months before my divorce is fully investigated to be able to release that all vital bit of paper needed for a church wedding...
So last night I had the horrible task to tell Jet about this.
I never felt worse in my life, the look of disappointment on her face was too evident. She had spent the last few weeks making preparations, invites, lists, fitting the dress, organising ninong, you name it, she has done it all.
Now the only alternative is a civil wedding, and it took me a considerable amount of time to convince her that she could wear the dress if she chose to. But she was adamant to cancel it.
At the present moment I am still waiting for the Italian consulate to send me the all important legal capacity to marry. And I am praying for the first time in many years.
I have been calling them once or twice a week, and the answer is still the same. They cannot issue it until my town hall registrar confirms that my divorce is registered with them. I even sent, by e-mail, to the registrar, the consulate fax number. I just hope that it comes in time, because I will be leaving for Cebu on the 3rd of February. And it looks like, at the moment, that it will be a miserable flight.:bigcry:

dave65
20th January 2007, 17:53
Hi aromulus
read your message and know how you feel because i am also a divorcee and i know how important it is to a filipna and her family to have the church wedding
may i offer a suggestion that worked well for my wife and i
i also enquired about the tribunal process in england and found that not only is it very expensive (they suggest a donation of £1000) but it would also take 2 years approx so jasmine and i had the civil wedding in september and what they call a garden or beach wedding 2 days later with a pastor which was as beautiful a service as any church wedding i have seen, we are going to persue the tribual issue and assuming permission is granted we intend to return to Leyte and have a blessing service in jasmines local church
hope this is of some help to you
all the best to you and your future misses
Dave

aromulus
20th January 2007, 19:42
Hi dave65,
Thanks for the suggestion.
We are going the civil route too, and the thought was to have a hotel swimming pool party.
Jet's idea.
In my earlier post I omitted on purpose mentioning the "donation", in case some of the other forum members thought I was talking a load of :censored: .
And I also thought of returning to Talisay, after the tribunal papers were ready, and have just a blessing and a bigger reception.
I am expecting a fantastic day, no matter what.
In little over a fortnight, I will actually be able to hug Jet again. Can't wait.