PDA

View Full Version : o2 Unlimited International Calls £5/month not Philippines

Dedworth
12th April 2010, 23:25
http://iff.o2.co.uk/default.aspx

O2 International Friends and Family

Keep in touch with your special friends around the world with your O2 mobile

Give your friends and family abroad a cheap way to contact you on your O2 mobile

Just add it to your O2 mobile account and make unlimited international calls anytime

£5/ month to one number

It isn't available to the Philippines :bigcry:

KeithD
13th April 2010, 08:42
Blame the Philippines for charging high rates for incoming international calls so they can fleece more $$$$$ from folk overseas.

Englishman2010
13th April 2010, 08:52
After nearly having a heart attack when I saw my 02 mobile bill last time I went to the Phil's, I've set my kids up on Skype and Yahoo IM now so that I can keep in touch with them when I'm away.
I've also added an overseas data pacakge to my phone so that I can still send and receive e-mails and go on line from my phone if I am out of range of a free wi-fi hotspot. I can't remember the exact details, but it's just under £50 for 31 days and it's a sizeable chunk of data you can download, certainly more than enough to leave the data connection switched on 24/7 if you have a smart phone.

englishbird
13th April 2010, 19:26
After nearly having a heart attack when I saw my 02 mobile bill last time I went to the Phil's, I've set my kids up on Skype and Yahoo IM now so that I can keep in touch with them when I'm away.
I've also added an overseas data pacakge to my phone so that I can still send and receive e-mails and go on line from my phone if I am out of range of a free wi-fi hotspot. I can't remember the exact details, but it's just under £50 for 31 days and it's a sizeable chunk of data you can download, certainly more than enough to leave the data connection switched on 24/7 if you have a smart phone.

My phone wouldnt work in the Philippines, so I called o2 from a landline and they told me that they dont have an agreement with a Philppines network provider. I suppose i should have checked before I went. I will certainly make sure before I go next time.

Dedworth
13th April 2010, 19:35
My phone wouldnt work in the Philippines, so I called o2 from a landline and they told me that they dont have an agreement with a Philppines network provider. I suppose i should have checked before I went. I will certainly make sure before I go next time.

Easiest way is to buy a Philipinnes PAYG Sim when you get there and stick it in your phone which if it's o2 if I'm not mistaken will not be locked. I favour the Smart network rather than Globe (no particular reason except Globes mobile internet set up is called Tattoo and I loath tats )

Englishman2010
13th April 2010, 20:29

I'm with 02 too and mine was working in January, the signal was sometimes a bit poor, but that is down to the network I'd roamed to's coverage.