PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to the Phil's next week

Englishman2010
7th April 2010, 20:14
It's 12 weeks since I left my g/f in Manila, it's been tough emotionally over that time despite almost daily internet chat. Anyway, I'm counting down now, less than 10 days until my plane touches down in Manila.
We're going to spend a few days in Manila, then off to Tacloban for 4 days, Boracay for 9 days, before heading back to Manila for a couple of days prior to my return flight to Birmingham.
I'm getting very excited now.

somebody
7th April 2010, 20:16
It's 12 weeks since I left my g/f in Manila, it's been tough emotionally over that time despite almost daily internet chat. Anyway, I'm counting down now, less than 10 days until my plane touches down in Manila.
We're going to spend a few days in Manila, then off to Tacloban for 4 days, Boracay for 9 days, before heading back to Manila for a couple of days prior to my return flight to Birmingham.

Bet you are :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
7th April 2010, 20:17
I remember that feeling .... the excitement .... the longing .... hormones in overdrive .... touching down in Manila ..... and realising .... oh :furious3: .... I'm supposed to be in Singapore :doh

somebody
7th April 2010, 20:23
I remember that feeling .... the excitement .... the longing .... hormones in overdrive .... touching down in Manila ..... and realising .... oh :furious3: .... I'm supposed to be in Singapore :doh

I was thinking hang on is this Mr Admin chating about the Grand National:icon_lol:

Englishman2010
7th April 2010, 20:23

:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

Steve.r
7th April 2010, 20:37
Anyway, I'm counting down now, less than 10 days until my plane touches down in Manila.

Me too Englishman, this time next week I will be on my second leg of the journey to Phili. So excited to see my Mahal again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
7th April 2010, 20:42
great time in borocay i had over the new year many good memories, soon be 12 weeks since i was there and like you talk and see each other every day , trying to sort out our fiancee visa at this moment , you have a great time

Englishman2010
7th April 2010, 20:53
You have a great time too Steve.r, and I really hope that your plans work out for you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I didn't make it to Boracay last time SteveW. I ended up in Bohol and Alona instead. I've heard many good things about Boracay and looking forward to it. Good luck with your Fiancee Visa too. We will probably put in a Tourist Visa application when I get back to the UK. If it's declined, I'll just have to go back to the Phil's for a couple of weeks in July.

September
8th April 2010, 09:38
Take care when you are in manila, loads of hungry people there, they might grab your bread while your eating on the road :D

Have fun and enjoy holiday:Wave:

Englishman2010
8th April 2010, 10:33
Take care when you are in manila, loads of hungry people there, they might grab your bread while your eating on the road :D

Have fun and enjoy holiday:Wave:

Yeah, I saw lots of people inc small kids sleeping rough in shop doorways last time I was there in Jan. TBH I'm used to it having travelled to India many times in the last 15 years.
Having said that, I've never experienced any problems with beggars on any of my travels. Sure I always get hassled for money by beggars, but they usually go away when I politely pretend that I only speak Icelandic:icon_lol:

englishbird
8th April 2010, 16:06

Have a great time Englishman. Im very jealous!. I won't be going there again until next March, it seems such a long way off.

Enjoy.

Arthur Little
9th April 2010, 01:47
I'm counting down now, less than 10 days until my plane touches down in Manila.

You WILL be, I'm sure ... Enjoy! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
9th April 2010, 01:58
Sure I always get hassled for money by beggars, but they usually go away when I politely pretend that I only speak Icelandic:icon_lol:...

... and give them a "frosty" glance? :nono-1-1:

liane
9th April 2010, 02:23
Have a safe trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fitzy
10th April 2010, 08:20
Yeah, I saw lots of people inc small kids sleeping rough in shop doorways last time I was there in Jan. TBH I'm used to it having travelled to India many times in the last 15 years.
Having said that, I've never experienced any problems with beggars on any of my travels. Sure I always get hassled for money by beggars, but they usually go away when I politely pretend that I only speak Icelandic:icon_lol:

You mean like central London:D

Fitzy
10th April 2010, 08:22
Me too Englishman, this time next week I will be on my second leg of the journey to Phili. So excited to see my Mahal again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice one Steve.

Will be flying out this Tuesday for my friends wedding.
Have a great time my friend:D

jam07
10th April 2010, 08:28
have a safe trip englishman! :)

Englishman2010
10th April 2010, 20:38
have a safe trip englishman! :)

Thank you, and thank you everyone else for your best wishes.

This last week is dragging now, I just want to get on that plane and touch down in Manila. My taxi is picking me up at 5.00 AM on Friday morning, my flight to Amsterdam leaves BHX at 7.45 AM, a 4 hour wait in Schippol before the flight to Manila, which gets in at 8.45 AM local time on Sat 17th. Which also happens to be my girlfriends birthday.

Steve.r
10th April 2010, 20:42
Which also happens to be my girlfriends birthday.

What you got her for her birthday ??? We wanna knowwwww!! :Jump:

South-east boy
10th April 2010, 21:14
Thank you, and thank you everyone else for your best wishes.

This last week is dragging now, I just want to get on that plane and touch down in Manila. My taxi is picking me up at 5.00 AM on Friday morning, my flight to Amsterdam leaves BHX at 7.45 AM, a 4 hour wait in Schippol before the flight to Manila, which gets in at 8.45 AM local time on Sat 17th. Which also happens to be my girlfriends birthday.

Lucky you! Sounds like you have a great time planned with your girlfriend! Look forward to seeing any pics if you post any afterwards. Her Birthday is early the same as mine and the same day as a friend's of mine! Lol!

Englishman2010
10th April 2010, 22:22
What you got her for her birthday ??? We wanna knowwwww!! :Jump:

Me :D

Another Blackberry because she lost the one I gave her when I went in January:doh Plus a few small things, perfume, chocolate, DVD's, cuddly toy...you know, the usual stuff....but no engagement ring:omg:

Englishman2010
10th April 2010, 22:24
Lucky you! Sounds like you have a great time planned with your girlfriend! Look forward to seeing any pics if you post any afterwards. Her Birthday is early the same as mine and the same day as a friend's of mine! Lol!

Sure I'll post some pics when I get back, I might even post some when I'm there as I'm taking my laptop with me. You have a great birthday too SE Boy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
10th April 2010, 23:16
Have a good time, getting quite jealous of all you people flying out in the next few days. Wish I was. :bigcry: :)

jonnijon
11th April 2010, 19:15
1st of May and im off again.Try and get the house finished this trip,but exchange rate is not helping.
But I could be distracted by my hammock and cold san migs being served by my mahal.
Decisions one has to make in life lol lol.

Englishman2010
11th April 2010, 20:11
Mmmmm, hard labour in 30+ deg's, or a hammock and cold San Mig's. Don't plan on finishing your house off just yet:xxgrinning--00xx3: