PDA

View Full Version : Indefinate Leave to Remain

Gavanddal
17th January 2007, 22:15
Just started thinking ahead to getting the wifes indefinate leave to remain in June. Her current passport is in her maiden name but amended to her married name and carries all her stamps, CFO, fiancee visa, residents permit etc. However this runs out in December so it seems daft getting her ILTR in the old passport. Do you think we can get her a new passport before June but hold onto the old one so we can get the ILTR in the new passport but still have proof of her residents status and name change with her old passport?
The immigration office told us before that if we transferred her residents permit from her old passport to a new one then we'd have to pay the whopping great fee all over again!

Any advice from anyone who's been through this would be appreciated.

Gavin

walesrob
27th January 2007, 14:35
Just started thinking ahead to getting the wifes indefinate leave to remain in June. Her current passport is in her maiden name but amended to her married name and carries all her stamps, CFO, fiancee visa, residents permit etc. However this runs out in December so it seems daft getting her ILTR in the old passport. Do you think we can get her a new passport before June but hold onto the old one so we can get the ILTR in the new passport but still have proof of her residents status and name change with her old passport?
The immigration office told us before that if we transferred her residents permit from her old passport to a new one then we'd have to pay the whopping great fee all over again!

Any advice from anyone who's been through this would be appreciated.

Gavin

Gav, I sent a message.

Jay&Zobel
31st January 2007, 23:46
ermm.. a bit confused here....sorry

hmmm whats the difference between FLR and ILR?

1> after the fiancee visa application (6 mos) the next step is
2> passport amendment
3> next? FLR (2 yrs) £355.00
4> Citizenship? hehehe. pls help

thank you

walesrob
31st January 2007, 23:58
ermm.. a bit confused here....sorry

hmmm whats the difference between FLR and ILR?

1> after the fiancee visa application (6 mos) the next step is
2> passport amendment
3> next? FLR (2 yrs) £355.00
4> Citizenship? hehehe. pls help

thank you

It would be between 3 and 4 !! After FLR, you must get ILR, then a year later, citizenship, BUT

Citizenship is not compulsory, you don't have to take that, instead, ILR would entitle you to stay in the UK for as long as you want, but you would still face restrictions.

Jay&Zobel
1st February 2007, 00:17
It would be between 3 and 4 !! After FLR, you must get ILR, then a year later, citizenship, BUT

Citizenship is not compulsory, you don't have to take that, instead, ILR would entitle you to stay in the UK for as long as you want, but you would still face restrictions.

u mean another £355.00 fee for the ILR?:bigcry: :D
thank you again

Jay&Zobel
1st February 2007, 00:19
“Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.”
Confucius
(Mr Moderator)

cool !!!

walesrob
1st February 2007, 00:30
u mean another £355.00 fee for the ILR?:bigcry: :D
thank you again

Looks like Elsa will have to pay £500 express fee for her ILR in a few weeks time, then in 1 year, it may be another £500 for Citizenship...so I make that £1238.00 altogether in visa fees over a 3 year period. :NoNo: Welcome to ripoff UK.

KeithD
1st February 2007, 09:59
It's not a ripoff if your wife is worth more than £1238.00 is it? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You'd never make a pro-gambler, you look at money the wrong way round :)

joebloggs
1st February 2007, 10:30
:cwm23:
my wife like everyone elses wife is priceless, you dont need to pay £1300+ in visa's, in my case it be more like double that, need to apply for FLR and I've got 2 step kids, one is nearly 18.

how can you justify the cost? :NoNo: , whats the break down of the cost? if it cost nothing for polish and other europeans to come into the UK, why the hell do i have to pay for my wife ??:NoNo:

sure there is some processing to be done, the cost of FLR is £335, IND says the figure is the cost of processing it, how long does it take to check my appliaction, few hours ?? a day ? so they are paying some clerk £335 a day ? no they are making profit out of it :angry:

and with my run in with the biritsh embassy, when i had enough of waitnig 3 months, and i complained to them, funny how a few hours later the visa was approved and ready... :rolleyes:

keith next time you take your porche to the garage and the guy say " the bill is £3000", and you say why, iam sure you not like the reply "well its a porche" ! ..

same standard and same rules to apply for all ! :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

KeithD
1st February 2007, 12:39
I'd just pay it, it's only loose change :Erm:

You pay more in council tax than you will on visa's, and which one gives you the best value for money?

walesrob
1st February 2007, 13:05
I'd just pay it, it's only loose change :Erm:

You pay more in council tax than you will on visa's, and which one gives you the best value for money?

Blimey Mr Moneybags, you can pay then! :icon_lol: Loose change? :Rasp:

Just found out the Life in the Uk test is £34...:NoNo: What other hidden fees are lurking and waiting to pounce? :furious3:

KeithD
1st February 2007, 13:58
You pay tax on the paper you wipe your :action-smiley-081: with.....you pay tax on the water you poop into.......No wonder he's called Mr Brown :icon_lol:

joebloggs
1st February 2007, 14:30
lol, council tax is another rip off, its easy to waste money when its not out of your own pocket or your not accountable for it, i can see them in the council hall, "hmm what % rate above inflation shall we do this year", like i can go to my boss and ask for %5 or more, he tell me to :censored: , so why has the council got the right to do it ??..

hmm too many people just put up and shut up, the polish and other europeans here, they should have to pay the £335 ive just paid for a visa, lets see how many come here then...

:xxgrinning--00xx3: fight the powers that be :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the cost might be little to you Keith, but its not when you got 3 kids and the dog to feed, NO :omg: not my wife, the 4 legged one, its been ill and vets fees :censored: :cwm23: :censored: :omg: i wish i can charge £18 for 10 mins, total paid out last week to vets £180, and still no better, what will they charge me tonight :NoNo:

KeithD
1st February 2007, 18:02
Cheaper eating the dog :rolleyes:

joebloggs
1st February 2007, 23:21
well i caught my wife cleaning a big cooking pot.. :yikes:

thats one of the differences btw our cultures, a dog to her is just an animal, to me its a member of my family... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and she thinks am crazy to spend £400 on keeping a 12yr old dog alive..