PDA

View Full Version : Phone recommendation

raynaputi
30th March 2010, 05:11
I currently have Nokia 5800 Xpress Music (I have it for 1 yr and 2 months now)..It's still working fine..but I've been thinking of replacing it (don't know why i replace my phone every year..it became a habit LOL :doh)..Can you guys recommend me what kind of phone I should get? (I'm thinking of Blackberry but not sure if it's good)..Anyway, all that matters to me are below:

- Internet/Web surfing (I always use this almost 24 hrs a day, especially in the office coz web surfing there are monitored..though my IT manager secretly gave me a wifi access so i can browse anything thru my phone :Rasp: :xxgrinning--00xx3: ssshhh..)
- Bluetooth compatibility
- Photos/Images (3.2 Megapixel is fine with me) and Videos
- Radio
- Music Player (what file types can be played)
- Memory (I prefer expandable)

I know not a single phone can have the best of it all but if something comes close, I want to know what phone it is..hehehe..:D

Thanks! :68711_thanx:

KeithD
30th March 2010, 09:43
You've worn it out :76: :D

Phones used by women usually beg for early retirement :rolleyes:

The most advanced phones on the market are HTC http://www.htc.com/uk/product.aspx, regardless of what some might say who haven't a clue what they are talking about (Iphone :action-smiley-081: :laugher:)

Best thing for you to do is go through the HTC site and list what ones you think are best for you, price them up, then publish the list on here and we'll help you pick one :xxgrinning--00xx3: ......

I use this one: http://www.htc.com/uk/product/tytnii/overview.html It's basically a mini-laptop.

I've got a spare HTC... I don't use .... so if you send me the air tickets for me & wifey, we can drop it off :rolleyes:

RickyR
30th March 2010, 09:58
I just bought a pink Samsung Tocco Lite for Marvie, its a nice phone and fits the bill. In the UK it cost 70 pounds with Tesco Mobile and basically meets all the requirements for your phone. She wants an iPhone (hmmmm)
Personally, I use the most simple Nokia and refuse to use anything else.

LEAHnew
30th March 2010, 10:12
That reminds me the phone got robbed last December, it was my fiance advance xmas presents when i left him in UK last November 23rd,:doh very unforgetable experience:Brick: It was happened here in our shop, the robber pretended customer:furious3: that event scared me a lot:NoNo::NoNo:

Anyway I get over it now, I'm happy using Nokia E72 now.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
here's a link for you, might help:)
http://www.greenhills.com.ph/cellphonegalore.asp

vbkelly
30th March 2010, 10:20
I currently have Nokia 5800 Xpress Music (I have it for 1 yr and 2 months now)..It's still working fine..but I've been thinking of replacing it (don't know why i replace my phone every year..it became a habit LOL :doh)..Can you guys recommend me what kind of phone I should get? (I'm thinking of Blackberry but not sure if it's good)..Anyway, all that matters to me are below:

- Internet/Web surfing (I always use this almost 24 hrs a day, especially in the office coz web surfing there are monitored..though my IT manager secretly gave me a wifi access so i can browse anything thru my phone :Rasp: :xxgrinning--00xx3: ssshhh..)
- Bluetooth compatibility
- Photos/Images (3.2 Megapixel is fine with me) and Videos
- Radio
- Music Player (what file types can be played)
- Memory (I prefer expandable)

I know not a single phone can have the best of it all but if something comes close, I want to know what phone it is..hehehe..:D

Thanks! :68711_thanx:

sis i recommend you the sony ericsson satio 12mp cam or sony ericsson viva HD 8mp wicked phone haha im a fan of sony ericsson thou

South-east boy
30th March 2010, 11:30
iPhone! :icon_lol: but I know everyone seems to love to hate them here! :rolleyes: They do 16GB and 32GB, why would you need any more memory than that unless you want it to hold as much music as larger memory iPods! Mine is 16GB which is more than a lot of phones and I've hardly used any of it so far.

Ive heard the Nokia X6 is meant to be good and of course various HTC's too. I would avoid ones with little joysticks like some Sony Erriksons and Blackberrys seem to have as they always seem to break/fall apart. Try & read decent on-lone reviews and once you've narrowed it down, find a shop that has them all, say that you are definitely are going to get one, but would like a little demo and play on each to decide.

You're lucky if you can change your phone once a year as here now all contracts are 18 and 24 months.

keithAngel
30th March 2010, 11:37
While we are on this subject (and as I couldnt post on the relevant thread) dont forget to put your mobile numbers on your user cp and be eligable for the bosses free late night sex chats:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
30th March 2010, 11:38
.....and be eligable for the bosses free late night sex chats:xxgrinning--00xx3:
That's not a chat it's a live feed :do_it: :cwm24:

keithAngel
30th March 2010, 11:44
Dial a Pizza:Erm: ..............................you can tell the rice is getting to me:Cuckoo:

raynaputi
30th March 2010, 12:00
You've worn it out :76: :D

I use this one: http://www.htc.com/uk/product/tytnii/overview.html It's basically a mini-laptop.

I've got a spare HTC... I don't use .... so if you send me the air tickets for me & wifey, we can drop it off :rolleyes:

Hmmm...I've looked on HTC's site and this one caught my eyes..:cwm24: lol
http://www.htc.com/sea/product/legend/specification.html - I gotta take a look at it's price though this weekend..

iPhone! :icon_lol: but I know everyone seems to love to hate them here! :rolleyes: They do 16GB and 32GB, why would you need any more memory than that unless you want it to hold as much music as larger memory iPods! Mine is 16GB which is more than a lot of phones and I've hardly used any of it so far.

Ive heard the Nokia X6 is meant to be good and of course various HTC's too.

You're lucky if you can change your phone once a year as here now all contracts are not 18 and 24 months.

Well, I personally don't like iPhone..[okay, no need to react on my preference here..there's another thread about this hahaha :icon_lol:]

We do have contracts here like that, but it's mainly on the phone network and not exactly the phone itself. So I can change phones. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've just got a couple of messages from Nokia promoting X6..I've gotta take a look at it too..;)

While we are on this subject (and as I couldnt post on the relevant thread) dont forget to put your mobile numbers on your user cp and be eligable for the bosses free late night sex chats:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hahaha..why only late night? can't we do that all day??? :Erm: :laugher:

That's not a chat it's a live feed :do_it: :cwm24:

LOL! Have you asked Ate Ping if she approved this???? :Cuckoo:

maria_and_matt
30th March 2010, 12:03
play around with the iphone 3gs.. i have had lots of phone in the past but now i am hooked with my iphone

KeithD
30th March 2010, 12:04
play around with the iphone ..
:cwm24: Bit expensive for that kind of thing ... you can get cheaper toys on Ebay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
30th March 2010, 12:22
:cwm24: Bit expensive for that kind of thing ... you can get cheaper toys on Ebay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yep! and besides, I don't need games on my phone as I rarely play games. And I also have my Creative Zen X-Fi for music so i don't need lots of songs stored on the phone. I mainly use my phone for web browsing, text messages, photos and videos. But as I said, there's another very long thread about Apple and iPhone where we could all debate on this..hahaha..:Cuckoo:

Thanks for the recommendation though maria_and_matt :D

GaryFifer
30th March 2010, 15:10
Just get a butler!

Englishman2010
30th March 2010, 20:05
The most advanced phones on the market are HTC http://www.htc.com/uk/product.aspx, regardless of what some might say who haven't a clue what they are talking about (Iphone :action-smiley-081: :laugher:)

Best thing for you to do is go through the HTC site and list what ones you think are best for you, price them up, then publish the list on here and we'll help you pick one :xxgrinning--00xx3: ......

I have a HTC Hero with a 8GB card, thats more than enough to store 2000 MP3's and countless photo's. You can get a 16 GB card for it if you need more memory.

I'm very pleased with the phone, I've had BlackBerry's for a couple of years, and good as they were, the HTC is far superior and has a much larger screen. I did a lot of research before i bought it, and am very pleased I didnt follow the crowds and get an i-phone.

I am very impressed with it's capabilities and use it regularly for Yahoo IM (via E-Buddy), Google Talk, Skype Lite and Facebook. If you can connect to open wireless the internet connection is pretty fast and the screen is large enough to browse the web.

The only drawbacks of the HTC are:
1. The camera doesnt have a flash, so you can't use it at night
2. the touch screen takes a bit of getting used to, and be prepared to call people you don't want to speak to until you get used to it.

Hoep this helps you to decide?

Steve.r
30th March 2010, 20:32
I am just about to finish a contract, I have had the Sony Ericcson C90 for the last 18 months, a good little phone. But now I am looking at the Satio or the Nokia X6, seen them both and played with them in store.

| was tempted by the Satio because of the 12mp camera, but the touchscreen, by reading multiple reviews and actually trying it, seens to be a bit glitchy. Where as the Nokia has a very positive touchscreen, it works on a different system than the satio, but the camera is only 5mp.

I have been happy with the photos taken on my present phone, also 5mp, so I am weighing up the pro's and con's, and have not made my mind up yet, as I would be tied to an 18 month contract.
The only redeeming thing is, that because I have overused my phone over the last year since being with my Mahal, I am categorised as a valued customer, and I can get either phone free for £15 an month. For the internet bolted on it would be £20

decisions decisions!!!

vbkelly
31st March 2010, 10:08
I am just about to finish a contract, I have had the Sony Ericcson C90 for the last 18 months, a good little phone. But now I am looking at the Satio or the Nokia X6, seen them both and played with them in store.

| was tempted by the Satio because of the 12mp camera, but the touchscreen, by reading multiple reviews and actually trying it, seens to be a bit glitchy. Where as the Nokia has a very positive touchscreen, it works on a different system than the satio, but the camera is only 5mp.

I have been happy with the photos taken on my present phone, also 5mp, so I am weighing up the pro's and con's, and have not made my mind up yet, as I would be tied to an 18 month contract.
The only redeeming thing is, that because I have overused my phone over the last year since being with my Mahal, I am categorised as a valued customer, and I can get either phone free for £15 an month. For the internet bolted on it would be £20

decisions decisions!!!

so far i don't have a problem in my satio lovely and i enjoying it.

Steve.r
31st March 2010, 10:18
so far i don't have a problem in my satio lovely and i enjoying it.

How does it perform day to day? any poorer points to look for? or any bonus points ?

Northerner
31st March 2010, 13:55
I'm now using the spare HTC Diamond as my old Blackberry had a terrible accident:NoNo:

And I hate the thing already! I will be upgrading in a few months and think I will go back to the blackberry with the Bold 9700. I just prefer the qwerty keyboard as I text a lot, plus the yahoo messenger was amazing when you consider how often I am on my lunch break and my mahal is on her PC for the evening - at the same time:xxgrinning--00xx3: So, I will be going back to that. Just with a better model.

adam&chryss
31st March 2010, 18:55
Got me and the missus HTC HD2 each. 1ghz processor, iphone is 600 mhz. has almost double the screen resolution too. Camera is 5mp with dual flash and memory is upgradeable. I have a 16gb card in mine which was £27 and the wife has a 2gb in hers. The screen is 4.3inch too which is just what you want if you desire a smart phone and the build quality is far better than the iphone.
After the novelty of APPS wears off its easy to see that the HTC is a far better phone.

Steve.r
1st April 2010, 14:37
I just odered the Sony Ericsson Vivas, it is the new one they are showing on telly at the moment on an Orange contract. Looks quite good, a better camera than the Nokia X6, but still the resistive screen, which is the only bummer I think.

I got a good deal too I think as follows:

300 any network minutes
100 sms's
Unlimited calls to uk land lines
Unlimited mobile internet (well, 500mb)

all for £15 a month. Arrives next tuesday, I'll post a review once I get it. :)

vbkelly
1st April 2010, 22:56
How does it perform day to day? any poorer points to look for? or any bonus points ?

as what i said i don't have a problem its a lovely phone using internet is good and fantastic.

Steve.r
1st April 2010, 23:47
as what i said i don't have a problem its a lovely phone using internet is good and fantastic.

Hi vb, I was in two minds still about the Sony-E and the X6, but then I was offered the Vivas, so went for it. I do like the feel of the Sony, my last 2 phones were also. I hope to confirm your praise when I get mine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
2nd April 2010, 00:00

Ive heard the Nokia X6 is meant to be good and of course various HTC's too. I would avoid ones with little joysticks like some Sony Erriksons and Blackberrys seem to have as they always seem to break/fall apart. Try & read decent on-lone reviews and once you've narrowed it down, find a shop that has them all, say that you are definitely are going to get one, but would like a little demo and play on each to decide.

You're lucky if you can change your phone once a year as here now all contracts are 18 and 24 months.

Not all contracts are 18 or 24 months both our contracts are 12th month and we still get a free or so cheap phone we hardly notice (although sometimes i buy a phone myself if the network dont have which means i can push a better deal out of them:xxgrinning--00xx3:

As well as some of my work calls and now often the wifes work calls plus UK social calls:rolleyes: we put all the calls to phill though our mobile you know the type dial to a landline number which recognises the number and top up with a text. Our mobile company love us and its better than putting though our landline as we wont get a better deal for putting more money their way...

The mobile phone companies rate how much they want to keep you on the money they earn on top of your monthly spend, we are going to call phill anyway so kills two birds with one stone:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Loads of good phones but plenty which look good on paper dont work out so well. If you may bring to UK dont forget to make sure unlocked. Very important with Iphones if you go that route.

Heres the website i Use for when comparing phones www.gsmarena.com

vbkelly
2nd April 2010, 01:11
Hi vb, I was in two minds still about the Sony-E and the X6, but then I was offered the Vivas, so went for it. I do like the feel of the Sony, my last 2 phones were also. I hope to confirm your praise when I get mine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

vivaz HD is nice aswell but its too late i got my satio from vodafone 600mins unlimited text 500mb internet 18months contract £35.00