PDA

View Full Version : What is your recommended travel sites?

LadyJ
29th March 2010, 22:50
I would like to book a flight to Manila for December. Anyone who wants to recommend any website or someone? I want reasonably cheap! but not Kuwait Airlines....No but thanks No:D

bornatbirth
29th March 2010, 22:55
you mean caravan sites?

Steve.r
29th March 2010, 23:05
I used these this time LadyJ

http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/

Doc Alan
29th March 2010, 23:49
I've booked direct with KLM for May. They undercut everyone else (Crystal Travel for example). Manchester-Amsterdam-Manila return flight £529. But I noticed it was double that towards Christmas.

laurel
29th March 2010, 23:56
crystal travel and southall travel...used both and both pretty good.....I track flight deals using Kayak.com gives you an idea of whats on offer and a bargaining tool when your talking to the agents

joebloggs
29th March 2010, 23:56
I've booked direct with KLM for May. They undercut everyone else (Crystal Travel for example). Manchester-Amsterdam-Manila return flight £529. But I noticed it was double that towards Christmas.

flights near xmas nearly always are :doh

LEAHnew
30th March 2010, 08:25
Hi LadyJ..hope this links helps:xxgrinning--00xx3:

www.pic-uk.com
www.giftotravels.com
Happy Vacation:Wave:

KeithD
30th March 2010, 09:35
The problem with haggling for a cheap price usually means you what you pay for, crap airline, crap service, crap food, long periods in a foreign airport, etc

I prefer to select what model of plane I'm on, the airline, and around a 2 hour changeover. This obviosuly isn't the cheapest but it makes the holiday more enjoyable as the travel is part of the holiday and should be enjoyed.

IanB
30th March 2010, 09:44
I always check on prices using www.kayak.co.uk . You can also set up an email alert to tell you what the latest price is and you can use the chart to decide when is best to travel or when is best to buy the ticket. I then generally buy the ticket direct from the airline.

vbkelly
30th March 2010, 10:35
I would like to book a flight to Manila for December. Anyone who wants to recommend any website or someone? I want reasonably cheap! but not Kuwait Airlines....No but thanks No:D

got to www.moneysavingexpert.com and click travel and loads of option there for flights.

bornatbirth
30th March 2010, 10:47
The problem with haggling for a cheap price usually means you what you pay for, crap airline, crap service, crap food, long periods in a foreign airport, etc

I prefer to select what model of plane I'm on, the airline, and around a 2 hour changeover. This obviosuly isn't the cheapest but it makes the holiday more enjoyable as the travel is part of the holiday and should be enjoyed.

same here, i always go for the best flight times, why would you want to be stuck in a airport longer than you need to?

Florge
30th March 2010, 17:55
LadyJ, i have been pricing up for December flights as well.. and so far, travelup.co.uk quoted me the cheapest price... next is crystaltravel...

stevewool
30th March 2010, 18:00

i used etihad from mcr to manila £615 dec 24 to jan 23 and was upgraded to business class so i thought was a great price and a great flight too, booked through thomas cook

pennybarry
30th March 2010, 19:41
I always visit crystal travel LadyJ. They offer cheap flights. But if I can afford Emirates, I'll choose it for me and my husband.:omg:

RickyR
30th March 2010, 19:56
www.travelsupermarket.com
www.kayak.co.uk
www.skyscanner.net

are all pretty good for scoping out deals and cover a lot of tickets, but some of the agencies get special deals.

junior02
30th March 2010, 20:44

Thats a hard 1 to answer as most of the companys mentioned and others not mentioned have different offer fares every week. I always go on cathey pacific now because its the shortest flying time to manila or cebu from london and also the least hassle to change your ticket,(after you call them), as in the past ive always paid the date change fee at the NAIA on my departure day if ive had to change, other airlines you have to go to makati to there office well in advance to pay the fee if you want change ur ticket date.I always go on net to find best deal, i got a flight for this year on cathey for £583 with crystal travel but not in december when prices are high. Also ive bin on kuwait 3 times a few years ago and never fly that airline again just to save a few quid.

triple5
30th March 2010, 21:04
What's so bad about Kuwait? I'm flying with them next week :rolleyes:

LadyJ
30th March 2010, 21:19

Did you booked throught their website or over the phone?

LadyJ, i have been pricing up for December flights as well.. and so far, travelup.co.uk quoted me the cheapest price... next is crystaltravel...

May I know much they offered you? Crystal travel offered me £580 from 24Dec-27Jan with Cathay Pacific and I thought it was a very good price!!

i used etihad from mcr to manila £615 dec 24 to jan 23 and was upgraded to business class so i thought was a great price and a great flight too, booked through thomas cook

This is a good price!! did you booked it online or over the phone?

For the rest of the members... thanks for all your good tips:xxgrinning--00xx3:

junior02
30th March 2010, 21:22
What's so bad about Kuwait? I'm flying with them next week :rolleyes:

Your find out next week:yikes:

triple5
30th March 2010, 21:27
Ah, come on give me a clue, can't be that bad surely :D. a seat's a seat :rolleyes:

LadyJ
30th March 2010, 21:38
Ah, come on give me a clue, can't be that bad surely :D. a seat's a seat :rolleyes:

Lazy air attendants, bad food, dirty aircraft it could be anything:xxgrinning--00xx3: you'll find out next week. Have a safe journey and pls do let us know your experience with Kuwait Airline:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
30th March 2010, 22:21

considering the cost of a flight and how far you go, im surprised flights dont cost more and i wonder what we expect for the money :Erm:

Florge
30th March 2010, 22:46
LadyJ, travelup quoted me £550+ i think via klm, travelling from 35 dec to 10 january... that was 2 days ago... now, it's £600+ already.. .waaaaaaaaaa

triple5
30th March 2010, 23:11
considering the cost of a flight and how far you go, im surprised flights dont cost more and i wonder what we expect for the money :Erm:

Yep, you're right. A lot of people complain about the length of the flight to the Phils also. You can always take a boat if you're not happy I say :rolleyes:

KeithD
31st March 2010, 09:38
Less than 60% of the total cost is for the actual ticket, the rest is taxes, etc :NoNo:

We got our LA flights on airmiles, but we only get the ticket free, the taxes, etc, cost us about £200 each.

triple5
7th April 2010, 22:58
Kuwait wasn't too bad, certainly not up there with emirates, qatar etc but the food and service was fine. The stopover in kuwait was 5 hours tho, bit boring, and a also a stopover in bangkok that nobody mentioned :Erm: