PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion and advice please

marlyn&kenny
26th March 2010, 04:42
Hi guys,
Please we need you opinion and advice. We got married last Oct. 30,2009 here in the Philippines.

I had a seminar at the CFO PRISM last march 22 coz i wanted to amend my passport. When i had this interview, she asked me questions about previous marriage of my hubby. She ask for the documents,and i showed her. Then she said that our marriage is null and void:ReadIt::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: coz my hubby's ex wife is a Filipino and for this she cant issue me a certificate. She then told me to consult a lawyer. She even told me not to get stress! huh?:NoNo::doh after all what she said? how can i relax?! I'm so hurt and embarrass.

I already consulted lawyers, they said our marriage is legal. The only problem is his ex wife.. she can not re marry if she don't submit their divorce papers to the regional court where they got married. I asked a Lawyer to make a statement that our marriage is legal but he is asking me 10,000 pesos!:rolleyes:

Has anyone experience this? Your opinion and advice is very much appreciated! I cant bear more pressures to come:doh:bigcry:, God help us, I'm pregnant!

sars_notd_virus
26th March 2010, 06:25
Hi Marlyn i hope this link helps:
http://jlp-law.com/blog/judicial-recognition-of-a-foreign-divorce-decree/

As stated in the last two questions at the bottom:

Isn’t it enough that I already forwarded the divorce decree to the Philippine Embassy (or the Department of Foreign Affairs) and the National Statistics Office (NSO)?

No. The foreign divorce decree must be recognized here in the Philippines; a process which may only be done through the courts.

and

Why should we waste money in filing a petition in court for the recognition of the divorce decree?

This is the requirement of law, unfortunately. The divorce decree must be proven, just like any fact, in court. The presentation of the divorce decree is insufficient. Proof of its authenticity and due execution must be presented. This necessarily entails proving the applicable laws of the jurisdiction where the foreigner-spouse (who could be a former Filipino) is a national. One of the requirements under Article 26 is that the decree of divorce must be valid according to the national law of the foreigner.

*If your lawyer or solicitor can assure u that he can give u the proper legal papers u will be needing for ur CFO cert then go for it..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ross
26th March 2010, 09:48
Hi guys,
Please we need you opinion and advice. We got married last Oct. 30,2009 here in the Philippines.

I had a seminar at the CFO PRISM last march 22 coz i wanted to amend my passport. When i had this interview, she asked me questions about previous marriage of my hubby. She ask for the documents,and i showed her. Then she said that our marriage is null and void:ReadIt::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: coz my hubby's ex wife is a Filipino and for this she cant issue me a certificate. She then told me to consult a lawyer. She even told me not to get stress! huh?:NoNo::doh after all what she said? how can i relax?! I'm so hurt and embarrass.

I already consulted lawyers, they said our marriage is legal. The only problem is his ex wife.. she can not re marry if she don't submit their divorce papers to the regional court where they got married. I asked a Lawyer to make a statement that our marriage is legal but he is asking me 10,000 pesos!:rolleyes:

Has anyone experience this? Your opinion and advice is very much appreciated! I cant bear more pressures to come:doh:bigcry:, God help us, I'm pregnant!
typical ph law i have ben work to lawyers for 7 years no money ..you cant let the law invites you in your palm..:D.. i know exactly what lawyers are lol not all but typical..specially the new ..:D:yikes: bad system reallly..

KeithD
26th March 2010, 10:03
These laws in the Phil are basically in place to cover the state for rules made by the Catholic church.

Ross
26th March 2010, 10:33
These laws in the Phil are basically in place to cover the state for rules made by the Catholic church.

agree to you on that boss:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

sars_notd_virus
26th March 2010, 10:49

Yeah very correct !!
"Every nation except Malta,the Philippines and the Vatican City allows legal divorce."

sars_notd_virus
26th March 2010, 12:20

I agree...
A catholic church has the responsibility of teaching and looking to the welfare of his flock. He can be assisted by Lay Preachers or by any member of his parish..,, and not to interfere with the civil/family law and politics!!

fred
26th March 2010, 15:49
A catholic church has the responsibility of teaching and looking to the welfare of his flock.

And "flock" rhymes with??

sars_notd_virus
26th March 2010, 16:00
And "flock" rhymes with??

Touching the little boys?:yikes:

sparky
30th March 2010, 19:15
which is all based on lies:doh

Josieyam65
25th June 2010, 08:43
Just wondering, can we take CFO seminar even if we don't have spouse visa yet?

lordna
26th June 2010, 07:54
Just wondering, can we take CFO seminar even if we don't have spouse visa yet?

Yes you can...my wife did it long befire we got the visa, but you have to go back and register with the CFO after to get the sticker in your passport

Josieyam65
27th July 2010, 04:10
Thanks, lordna..:xxgrinning--00xx3: