PDA

View Full Version : Annulment: Missed Hearing?

IanB
25th March 2010, 11:09
My gf has today been informed of a court hearing on the 8th April - but she will be on holiday with me in Thailand on that date. My feeling is that this probably will not matter as long as her lawyer informs the court she cannot attend asap. I would imagine this happens often if only 2 weeks notice is given.

Anyone got any experience or advice please?

Ian
:Help1:

KeithD
25th March 2010, 11:12
My gf has today been informed of a court hearing on the 8th April - but she will be on holiday with me in Thailand on that date. My feeling is that this probably will not matter as long as her lawyer informs the court she cannot attend asap. I would imagine this happens often if only 2 weeks notice is given.

Ian
As with most court proceedings of this kind it is probably irrelevant whether she attends or not as she won't be saying anything anyway.

RickyR
25th March 2010, 16:22
The whole annulment process is ridiculous, ten minute hearings every so many weeks... Marvie once got a call from her lawyer to tell her that they'd missed a hearing... the letter from the court arrived 2 weeks later!

sars_notd_virus
26th March 2010, 01:20

Ian

hope this helps:
http://www.gtalawphil.com/Philippine%20Annulment%20101_6.htm

keithAngel
26th March 2010, 04:42
The whole annulment process is ridiculous, ten minute hearings every so many weeks... Marvie once got a call from her lawyer to tell her that they'd missed a hearing... the letter from the court arrived 2 weeks later!

Its the same for criminal cases it can take months and years :Brick:

IanB
26th March 2010, 10:05
hope this helps:
http://www.gtalawphil.com/Philippine%20Annulment%20101_6.htm

Thats a very useful website, thanks. I think the key hearing is on 15th April, which sadly means she will leave the holiday early, but the 5th April is not so important.

Fingers crossed for the 15th!!!

Ian

sars_notd_virus
26th March 2010, 10:38
Thats a very useful website, thanks. I think the key hearing is on 15th April, which sadly means she will leave the holiday early, but the 5th April is not so important.

Fingers crossed for the 15th!!!

Ian

Your welcome Ian....Goodluck and Have a great time!!:xxgrinning--00xx3: