PDA

View Full Version : Visa Advice

mike
12th January 2007, 12:19
Hi guys,
My wife will be applying for a visa to come to live with me in the UK, I will send 6 months of wage slips, 3 months of bank statemens, she has my birth cert, our marriage cert, proof of my address in UK. Does she also need a supporting letter from her sponser, ie. Me? and is there anything else I have missed out that she will need.

Thanks

KeithD
12th January 2007, 12:45
Must have supporting letter. Letter from the registry office of marriage.....letter from a hotel showing enquiry of wedding reception.....letter from some one who can vouch for you is good.....etc.

joebloggs
12th January 2007, 14:25
i think u need 6 months bank statements, also they should be upto date, i was told they wanted my last bank statements ! seeing it was middle of the month, and when i sent the papers, the most recent one came about a week after i sent the papers, i had to email it to the philippines,, !!! petty ...

also the following, letter from employer, stating your job, pay, time of service, p60 also helps. mortage or rent book, letters you sent to each other, hotel bills, telephone bills., plane ticket stubs, anythnig that shows you been togther.... .and finally on the conveyor belt --- a cuddly toy... !!!

mike
12th January 2007, 18:42
Thanks guys for the advice

mike
31st January 2007, 21:15
Hi,
can i ask a question. My wife will soon make her application for a visa to British embassy in philippines. She said there is an agency in Cebu called Rica's Travel Services, that can assist with her visa application, and by going with this agency she will not have to be interviewed at the british embassy in Manila, as this agency will take care of everything. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks

andypaul
31st January 2007, 21:21
Hi,
can i ask a question. My wife will soon make her application for a visa to British embassy in philippines. She said there is an agency in Cebu called Rica's Travel Services, that can assist with her visa application, and by going with this agency she will not have to be interviewed at the british embassy in Manila, as this agency will take care of everything. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks

Mike

D.I.Y

The majority on here never used a Agency and were approved for a visa.

I doubt the british embassy in phill would think oh its an application sent with the help of an agent, we had better not interview them.

In fact from writing i have seen on the website of the embassy, they actually warn people not to use agents or fixxers.

Follow the basic proceduere mentioned all over this forum and you both should have no problem.

mike
31st January 2007, 21:33
Thanks for the advice. So you think the agency is really a scam as their fee is also 3,500 Peso to do this

Jay&Zobel
31st January 2007, 23:19
Mike

D.I.Y

The majority on here never used a Agency and were approved for a visa.

I doubt the british embassy in phill would think oh its an application sent with the help of an agent, we had better not interview them.

In fact from writing i have seen on the website of the embassy, they actually warn people not to use agents or fixxers.

Follow the basic proceduere mentioned all over this forum and you both should have no problem.

YEP DO IT YOURSELF!!!!
YOU DONT NEED THEM!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
1st February 2007, 00:03
Thanks for the advice. So you think the agency is really a scam as their fee is also 3,500 Peso to do this

The words barge-pole and wouldn't and touch and with spring to mind here. Don't bother, save yourself 3500 peso and do the job yourself. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
1st February 2007, 10:01
If you can read English....the application is simple.....Questions like "What is your name?, Where do you live? When did you last see fiancee?" etc.....if you need someone else to help, go to school again. :)

tiger@tigress
1st February 2007, 10:14
If you can read English....the application is simple.....Questions like "What is your name?, Where do you live? When did you last see fiancee?" etc.....if you need someone else to help, go to school again. :)

hehehehe what i need is somebody to send me to school again :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

KeithD
1st February 2007, 12:40
hehehehe what i need is somebody to send me to school again :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
If you're in uniform....don't forget the pics on the gallery :yikes:

eljean
1st February 2007, 13:24
just keep on asking every little details about your visa application ...actually answers were all in here... agency will do the same thing as what we do in here...agencies is always like that to make a guarantee that no interview will be needed because they exactly know what papers will be needed not like your wife who doesnt have any clue about it....just keep on reading threads in here...this site is free for those who need advices on settlement visa application:xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
1st February 2007, 17:51

i used agency since my passport tourist visa till my spouse visa bcoz i was really busy for my work,but i only paid 1,000 pesos. there is no interview for spouse visa dont worry hehehe:Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

mike
1st February 2007, 18:51
Thanks everyone for the advice, it seems from what you guys are saying, it is best my wife does not use an agency, oh well, looks like she will have to have an interview like everone else.

KeithD
1st February 2007, 19:35
NO interview!!!

andypaul
1st February 2007, 20:06
Thanks everyone for the advice, it seems from what you guys are saying, it is best my wife does not use an agency, oh well, looks like she will have to have an interview like everone else.

very few Peeps have Interviews nowdays.

This is why research, prepration and loads of effort are involved.

Thankly Mr admins site has made the job much easier.

Ask your questions if after searching and reading most of the posts on this sites doesn't help.

I would also not advise using an agency, as you would be I guess supplying them with enough data to clone you and the missus id...

Im sure this company has no intentions of doing this but whats its data security/protection policy and levels of vetting of the staff?

Just a thought to bear in mind.

mike
1st February 2007, 20:15
Sorry to be a pain, let me just understand something. You guys are saying that with good preperation, there will be NO interview for my wife at the British embassy in Manila?

andypaul
1st February 2007, 20:22
Sorry to be a pain, let me just understand something. You guys are saying that with good preperation, there will be NO interview for my wife at the British embassy in Manila?

Well if you satisfy all the crietias, and prepare paperwork correctly and legally then its very very unlikely your wife will have an interview.

Lets say 99 percent from a quick review of the most recent applications of members on this site.

mike
1st February 2007, 20:30
Thank you so much

eljean
1st February 2007, 20:50
you have free of choice whatever you think is the best for you and your wife...we that just been through with the process and experience of applying is here to tell what it is about..... but from my experience i just follow everyone advices in here.....:D got my fiancee visa with no interview in just 9 days......no agency involve

joebloggs
1st February 2007, 23:05
my wife had to go for an interview, maybe things have changed since 2 yrs ago, but we had all the correct papers and more evidence than most people would ever have, after knowing each other nearly 5 years, (letters, bills, reciepts, icq logs. etc....)

andypaul
1st February 2007, 23:23
my wife had to go for an interview, maybe things have changed since 2 yrs ago, but we had all the correct papers and more evidence than most people would ever have, after knowing each other nearly 5 years, (letters, bills, reciepts, icq logs. etc....)

We just missed the last batch of compulsory interviews for spouse visas back in sept 2005.
I think its at least partialy likely for security reasons they would rather not have too many people in the embassy, from reading about other countries brit embassies such as pakistan this is the norm for a while.

mike
16th February 2007, 18:58
Hi guys,
just wanted to know one further thing, i have sent my wife my bank statements, wage slips and a letter from my employer saying how much i earn per year and how long i've worked there. Do they also require a letter from me as her husband stating i am her SPONSER ?, i am confused about that part.

Thanks

andypaul
17th February 2007, 11:03
Hi guys,
just wanted to know one further thing, i have sent my wife my bank statements, wage slips and a letter from my employer saying how much i earn per year and how long i've worked there. Do they also require a letter from me as her husband stating i am her SPONSER ?, i am confused about that part.

Thanks

Yes a decent letter of support helps greatly. There was a thread on the subject recently and have been others in the past with examples and advice.

the more info you give relevant the better also its your chance to answer or explain in detail any points which may help your case.

suporting letter is another name be use for letter. Make it one to two pages long but if certain situations need more information or explantion write more.

I had a supporting letter

Also made a power point file with pictures and explantion to show flat big enough for the two of us to suport the deeds and council ta xinfo.

I wrote two pages explaining my finances in detail and how i could support my wifey and how with her skills she would be an asset to the country and find employment(ie be ablw to pay tax but not be able to claim anything for two years).

im not suggesting writing all that out, but, i felt it necessary to make it more clearer for the eco and when writing all this info my wife was booked to have an interview and i wanted to make sure all the questions they might ask were all ready written down making it far easier fo my wife.

But as i have written before we were suddenly(not fun at the time due to it meaning evidence i was taking over in time for the interview had to be fedexed at great cost grr) one of the first couples to just have to send in info, and if satsfactory not require an interview, which was the case.

take some time with your suporting letter its worth it.

mike
17th February 2007, 13:21
Thanks AndyPaul

mike
22nd February 2007, 18:16
Can i ask another question, if I am the sponsor for my wife who is in Cebu, when i write my supporting letter, DO I have to get it NOTERIZED by a lawyer in UK, before the British embassy in philippines will except it?

fontain
22nd February 2007, 18:23
Nope no need to get that done, just date it and sign it and make sure you explain as much about things as possible, even cross referencing your supporting docs

mike
22nd February 2007, 18:29
oh i see it's just my wife was looking at the requirements from a list she has from the embassy and she thought it says you have to have supporting letter from your sponsor Noterized in the UK first by a lawyer

mike
22nd February 2007, 18:42
Are there any more people on here who never got their supporting letter Noterized, and was that a problem?

Thanks

andypaul
22nd February 2007, 20:44
Are there any more people on here who never got their supporting letter Noterized, and was that a problem?

Thanks

I signed mine before sending as had to send over extra documentation at the last mintue. But was intending to just send my wife a pdf to print out.

baboyako
22nd February 2007, 21:09
There is no point getting it notarized, who else would write it??

mike
22nd February 2007, 21:19
thanks guys

mike
23rd February 2007, 20:24
In the list of requirements my wife is saying i need to get an Affidavit of Support, do i need to do that?

Thanks

andypaul
23rd February 2007, 23:06
Well im pretty sure we had nothing titled affidavit of support in our evidence folder.

From a quick google on sites relating to visas it seems to be used by other countries for various types of visas.

Do you have a link to the list of requirments your wife has seen please?

I guess my affidavit of support for my wife was showing proof of accomadation, earnings and savings. Maybe others know more?

tiger@tigress
24th February 2007, 07:10

Thanks

Tj' had his Supporting letter notarized :Erm: :Erm:

mike
24th February 2007, 07:46
thanks guys

KeithD
24th February 2007, 13:40
Blimey Mike, haven't you put it in yet? Take some Prozac...and send the damn thing :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mike
24th February 2007, 18:56
Lol win, the only thing I have left to do is the supporting letter, which i have now done

KeithD
25th February 2007, 02:28
....and don't forget to put the lights out on the way out :Rasp:

tiger@tigress
25th February 2007, 06:28
Lol win, the only thing I have left to do is the supporting letter, which i have now done

Good luck Mike hope you submit your documents soon

mike
25th February 2007, 08:29
thank you guys

KeithD
25th February 2007, 13:33
...and don't forget to include a pic of you in your wifes bikini :omg:

mike
25th February 2007, 18:24
does that need to be noterized? lol
:omg:

mike1
25th February 2007, 21:06
good luck to you both with the application, we have it all to come in the near future:doh

mike
25th February 2007, 21:31
thanks Mike and good luck to you too

mike
3rd April 2007, 17:48
Hi,
can anyone confirm that the fee ror spouse visa from UK embassy in Philippines is now %0,000 peso gone up from 26,000.

Thanks

scotsfiancee
3rd April 2007, 19:01
The fees are shown in Pounds Sterling (£) and Philippine Pesos (P) converted to the Consular Rate of Exchange in force at the time of the application (currently 1 £ = P 100). Visa fees are effective from 1st April 2007.

Marriage/settlement visa = is 50,000 pesos

You can read thru the UKVACS site (http://www.ukvacs.net)

Too expensive :bigcry:

mike
4th April 2007, 18:12
Thanks Scots

mike
30th June 2007, 14:32
Hi guys,
my wife arrived here in London on June 28th, the long wait is over. How does my wife go about applying for a national inssurance number?

Thanks

scotsfiancee
30th June 2007, 21:59
Congrats!

She will have to call for an appointment to the Job centerplus, then they will send out a letter what to bring from the time of her interview...
She have to prove that she's looking for a job.
Use the Search Function, as this has already been discussed alot of times.

andypaul
1st July 2007, 07:37
Congrats on your wifes visa sucess and safe journey to the UK.

Like Scotsfiancee says it has been disscussed before and best to search those threads. You will need to bulid up her proof of idenity and address first.

So don't forget to add her name to house hold bills, inform the councill tax people and open a bank account either joint or indivual. The main reasons are your need proof of address for most jobs and to open bank account, your need a bank account if she does find a job and you need to start collecting evidence for ILR from day one. If your Wife finds a job before she has National insurance she can work my wife need they just used the temporay ni number method and used emgency tax code.

The way we did it

get proof of address

Added name to utility bills (most can be done on phone or email) our electricty company asked to speak to my wife but litreally they just rang her and said are you happy to be added to bill? Also added wife to house insurance policy. Let the Council know the wife had joined me from date x which they happily accepted so they could take more money off of us.

Open bank account

Banks vary on policy but alot have basic accounts such as HSBC for example all they need is proof of address and passport with visa. They could open account on the spot, while natwest had to send off details to head office and write back to say account will be opened which took best part of a month if i rember correctly.
The basic bank accounts can soon be upgraded as your wife starts earning.

Job hunting

Its best to before you both actually start looking for a job for your wife to help your wife with her CV, cover letters and interview technique my wife had no idea what to expect but there is lots of info about basic tips and advice on these matters and books can be borrowed from the libary.
After all you may find a job that she wants to apply for and they offer her a interview on the spot and of course want her cv or to fill in an application form.

Most of us Brits will be ok with this im sure quite a few fillpinas will not have had a formal job interview and certainly not one in English so may need some practise and tips i know my wife did.

I made her up a question sheet with lots of the questions she might get asked in a standard interview with basic replies and also a list of questions that she should know the answer to by the end of the interview(ie so when the interviwer asks any questions for me she could look on the list and ask one not already ticked as covered. She told me that in the last job she sucessful applied for the interviewer was very impressed by her interview techinque.

Start applying for jobs and joining job agencys depending on what kind of job she is looking for. As you need to be seen to be actively seeking work for which they need to see evidence (from reports some interviews they just want to check the id of the ni applicant, other times they follow the rules to the letter and need proof of job applications, is signed on with job agencies or that the person actually has a job)

Good luck and don't forget you will need patience as it can seem quite frustrating waiting for a piece of paper, just to get another piece of paper but hey we all experienced in this, after the visa process:xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
1st July 2007, 10:23
Hi guys,
my wife arrived here in London on June 28th, the long wait is over.

Congratulations to both you and your wife Mike.

Louella and Iain.

mike
1st July 2007, 15:01
We both thank you all for your kind words and support