PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Forsyth

KeithD
22nd March 2010, 18:04
Only seen half the program on him with Peers the other night, does anyone like him? Think he should be knighted?

I don't think he's really done that much, but he has been around so long he's now one of those rare breeds, a British icon.

Arthur Little
22nd March 2010, 18:13
Only seen half the program on him with Peers the other night, does anyone like him? Think he should be knighted?

I don't think he's really done that much, but he has been around so long he's now one of those rare breeds, a British icon.

Yeah, I remember when he compered 'Sunday Night At The London Palladium' ... oh ... must be close on half a century ago; so I'll be surprised if he doesn't get his "gong" in the not too distant future! :rolleyes:

aromulus
22nd March 2010, 20:57
Can't be :erotic4:ed either way, I think he just as bad a comic as the late Bob Monkhouse and an overrated presenter.:76:

And besides, honours in this day and age are given to people that do not deserve them and done nothing really worthy, but get their names on the papers for some sporty thing or the other, and at the age of 19 and 3/4 write several autobiographies...:doh

Or have donated money to the labour party.....:D

Allegedly, of course...:omg:

laurel
22nd March 2010, 21:57
whats the criteria that has to be met for a knighthood?

What has Trevor Brooking done to deserve one....nothing against him nice bloke im sure.
Elton John.c'mon
Mick Jagger.

always wondered why some get it and others dont????

Arthur Little
22nd March 2010, 23:34
whats the criteria that has to be met for a knighthood?

What has Trevor Brooking done to deserve one....nothing against him nice bloke im sure.
Elton John.c'mon
Mick Jagger.

always wondered why some get it and others dont????

:gp:s ... and I wish I knew the answer(s)!! I cannot comment on Trevor Brooking ... but the other two? :doh

GaryFifer
23rd March 2010, 00:47
I thought he was cool when I was younger. But the more I watch him, the more I found him to be very sneery towards the general public. He does tend to make a fool of anyone on stage with him, to make himself look intelligent and charismatic. It is a clever trick, but I saw through that.

johncar54
23rd March 2010, 07:58
I think he is a prat and even after all his years in the media he still cannot tell a joke, which even after he explains it, is never funny.

Sim11UK
23rd March 2010, 08:11
I just think of the Generation game, when I think of him.
His jokes are :censored: :NoNo:

I suppose he is a part of the British psyche. :cwm24:

KeithD
23rd March 2010, 10:25
You have to realise that millions of Brtions have grown up with him, and comedy has changed these days (for the worst in some cases) ..... the as a lot of the new generation tend to find Chubby Brown offensive ... as if :doh :rolleyes: :D

walesrob
23rd March 2010, 11:35
You have to realise that millions of Brtions have grown up with him, and comedy has changed these days (for the worst in some cases) ..... the as a lot of the new generation tend to find Chubby Brown offensive ... as if :doh :rolleyes: :D

Spot on boss. Some of the comedy stuff broadcast in the 80's and even early 90's would be deemed too offensive in these PC times.

johncar54
24th March 2010, 07:56
Spot on boss. Some of the comedy stuff broadcast in the 80's and even early 90's would be deemed too offensive in these PC times.

But he was never funny, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's whenever

KeithD
24th March 2010, 11:20
....and your favourite comedian was Cilla Black then? :crazy:

walesrob
24th March 2010, 12:05

My post was referring to comedy in general, not just Brucie. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
24th March 2010, 14:09
My post was referring to comedy in general, not just Brucie. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sorry Brucie, I was replying on thread.

les_taxi
24th March 2010, 14:16
Nothing wrong with him a different era of comedians/presenters thats all.

I remember sunday night at the london palladium,generation game a very successful show well presented by brucie, also play your cards right,yes he took the piss but in a more subtle way.

aromulus
24th March 2010, 15:43

And I always thought that it was the Germans that didn't have a sense of humour....:doh

johncar54
24th March 2010, 16:41
Nothing w/rong with him a different era of comedianspresenters thats all.

I remember sunday night at the london palladium,generation game a very successful show well presented by brucie, also play your cards right,yes he took the piss but in a more subtle way.

I see you are 19 years younger than me, so I guess I was too old for his often silly remarks, but had I been 19 years younger maybe I too would have laughed!

Nothing wrong with him a different era of comedians

I really do think that should read a different age group on the receiving end. I used to think Uncle Mac on Children's Hours was OK until I reached about 10.

GaryFifer
24th March 2010, 19:41

The different era of comedians you refer to, are still going. Ken Dodd still does it without crude humour. I plan to see him before he passes on.:xxgrinning--00xx3: I mean. I hear he does 8 hour shows:yikes: He obviously must love it :icon_sorry: Is he Sir?

Sim11UK
24th March 2010, 20:29
The different era of comedians you refer to, are still going. Ken Dodd still does it without crude humour. I plan to see him before he passes on.:xxgrinning--00xx3: I mean. I hear he does 8 hour shows:yikes: He obviously must love it :icon_sorry: Is he Sir?

Ken Dodd's Dad's dog's dead!!?? :doh...Try saying that after a couple of sherries? :Erm: