PDA

View Full Version : Silliest job Titles

GaryFifer
17th March 2010, 16:27
Have any of you came across overblown silly job titles. E.g. a bucket man is now called a waste technician. Can you think of any more?

BBC Magazine (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8570244.stm)

Wet leisure assistant :NoNo::D

Arthur Little
18th March 2010, 13:27
Have any of you came across overblown silly job titles. E.g. a bucket man is now called a waste technician.

:doh ... being referred to as a "binman" seemingly contravenes the Sex Discrimination Act, because women are equally entitled to apply for a job with what was once known as the 'Cleansing Department' - until it came under the umberella of Environmental Health.

And of course, "scaffies" are now called 'Refuse Collection Officers' ... which ties-in with what you mention, Gary. Daft :crazy: really!!

Dedworth
18th March 2010, 21:52
Crowd Control Executive - Knuckle Dragging Bouncer :D

triple5
18th March 2010, 22:34
refreshment technician = teaboy :D

laurel
18th March 2010, 23:07
vision technician.......window cleaner:)

sars_notd_virus
19th March 2010, 10:04
call boy= a caller for jeepney and its destination quiapo!! quiapo!!:Erm:

David House
19th March 2010, 13:19
I was once called a "national accounts functional co-ordinator". Don't ask me what it meant as I didn't have a clue back then and certainly don't now.
It was dreamt up by Raymond Mombiot who is the brother of the guy who is always on TV prattling on about green issues being the answer to everything so I think that explained the confused thinking.

IainBusby
19th March 2010, 14:53
:doh ... being referred to as a "binman" seemingly contravenes the Sex Discrimination Act, because women are equally entitled to apply for a job with what was once known as the 'Cleansing Department' - until it came under the umberella of Environmental Health.

And of course, "scaffies" are now called 'Refuse Collection Officers' ... which ties-in with what you mention, Gary. Daft :crazy: really!!

In my younger days I used to play in a rock band and if and when there wasn't enough money coming in from that, I would take any job I could get at the time, do the job until my cashflow problems had receded and then pack the day job in.

During that time I worked on the bins for a while and your post just reminded me about something I thought was hilarious at the time, but most of the other bin men were really annoyed about. There was one guy on the same round as me that used to do the Sun crossword every day and one day one of the clues was "bin man" or "dustbin man", I can't quite remember exactly. Anyway it was nine letters and started with "s". This guy struggled with it all day and couldn't get the answer.

The next day when it came to our breaktime he got out his copy of the Sun and turned to the crossword page. Then he remembered about the answer he failed to get the day before so he had a look at the answers for the previous day. The answer to the clue "bin man" or "dustbin man" was "scavenger" and when he read it he was furious and so were the rest of the crew, after that he started buying the Daily Mirror each day instead of the Sun.

Northerner
19th March 2010, 21:16
Domestic Engineer = Single Mum/Dad or stay at home parent! :cwm3: