PDA

View Full Version : strategy

les_taxi
7th January 2007, 19:12
first of all let me say this site is great,i am learning from all the good advice.i have met on internet lovely girl from davao. is it possible for someone to outline roughly order of steps taken to have her as my wife hopefully 1 day in uk.i am going to see her in june,will get evidence of relationship etc,already keeping emails etc.then a few months later will go back and if all is as i hope would propose and maybe marry in phillipines on that trip.what happens after that,she also has a son aged 9 just to make it little more complicated but that is fine.how likely would it be for me to get fiancee visa? or settlement visa etc.would really appreciate any help on this.thank you les.

KeithD
7th January 2007, 20:51
The kid can be a problem when it comes to visa's. 100,000+ single Filipina's and folk pick ones with problems :bigcry:

All your questions have been answered on here before, please use the Search.

les_taxi
7th January 2007, 22:14
oh dear was hoping you would not say that,thanks anyway:angry:

KeithD
7th January 2007, 22:45
We try not to lie if we can help it, we're not politicians :icon_lol:

Problems arise depending on the fathers situation. You need his proven agreement for the kid to leave, and have to make the Embassy happy with it.....and that usually depends on whether Pluto is in Uranus or not :Erm:

eljean
8th January 2007, 11:40
there will always be a way only if you know the whole truth about her son and there present situation...if shes married with the father then annulment is the problem since it will cost a lot of money to settle it (if you are willing to take the cost) and if shes not then its not a problem you can marry her in the philippines and right after you can apply for spousal visa which her kid can be a dependant on her application as long as long you can show the embassy that you can financially support them two i dont think there is a problem on that....just make sure you know everything first so you know what to do...just keep on reading post in here...it will be a big help...:D

Louella
8th January 2007, 14:18
first of all let me say this site is great,i am learning from all the good advice.i have met on internet lovely girl from davao. is it possible for someone to outline roughly order of steps taken to have her as my wife hopefully 1 day in uk.i am going to see her in june,will get evidence of relationship etc,already keeping emails etc.then a few months later will go back and if all is as i hope would propose and maybe marry in phillipines on that trip.what happens after that,she also has a son aged 9 just to make it little more complicated but that is fine.how likely would it be for me to get fiancee visa? or settlement visa etc.would really appreciate any help on this.thank you les.

Hello lestaxi1,
Right now my husband & i are waiting for my 8-yr old daughter's visa to be approve by the british embassy, manila. It's not "complicated" when we did the process coz my daughter is carrying my maiden name. When i was still applying for my spouse/settlement visa, we could have include my daughter but we were thinking that it would be easier if i could be in UK first & will be adjusted to the "environment" before my daughter comes. Cheers!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Louella

les_taxi
8th January 2007, 19:04
hello louella
thank you, your reply that has encouraged me. I have pasted a few lines from the last letter from the girl I love regarding her son.Regarding .... I dont have any communication with his father anymore. His father used to send support to Shaun but stopped when Shaun was 4 yrs old.
That was the time when he lost his job. I didnt compel him anymore to send support coz I really dont like to beg from him. I raised ..... on my own.
I knew from the start that itwill be very hard for me but ..... and I are able to manage and live with what I can afford and what we have.

His father and I NEVER married, nor did we live together at anytime. .....havent seen his father yet. His father lives in another city miles away from Davao.

I am hoping that these circumstances will make things a little easier! les

KeithD
8th January 2007, 22:37
Marriage isn't really the issue when it comes to a visa, as obviously she'd be divorced by then anyway (otherwise why apply!!:) ).....if his name is on the birth certificate, he can cause problems, as she'd need his permission (nothing a baseball bat can't usually fix!!!)

baboyako
8th January 2007, 22:59
DDS will sort him out :NEW4:

andypaul
9th January 2007, 00:15
hello louella
thank you, your reply that has encouraged me. I have pasted a few lines from the last letter from the girl I love regarding her son.Regarding .... I dont have any communication with his father anymore. His father used to send support to Shaun but stopped when Shaun was 4 yrs old.
That was the time when he lost his job. I didnt compel him anymore to send support coz I really dont like to beg from him. I raised ..... on my own.
I knew from the start that itwill be very hard for me but ..... and I are able to manage and live with what I can afford and what we have.

His father and I NEVER married, nor did we live together at anytime. .....havent seen his father yet. His father lives in another city miles away from Davao.

I am hoping that these circumstances will make things a little easier! les

I think you need to get permission ( a formal letter from the father) that its ok for your Finacees Child can leave the country. That or prove hes dissapeared off the face of the earth.
Im not sure if this is just for married couples or not.

Not sure of the exact details but if you search on here im sure i read a few months ago a thread on this very subject.

vbkelly
9th January 2007, 09:56
hi lestaxi1 what im gonna say is,why you dont speak to the father of that child to ask permission to him to adopt his child if he agree to it find a solicitor to witness and you both sign in it,so you can have an evidence. goodluck.......cheers!!!!

Ping
9th January 2007, 10:53
hi lestaxi1, if you're not married to the father of your son then there's no problem, but the question is, is the fathers name appeared in your sons' birth certificate? be sure to find it out cause if its not in there then you don't have
problem. you are the sole parents or guardian then you don't have problem to bring him here in uk.

les_taxi
10th January 2007, 08:20
hi ping, my girlfriend has confirmed that she never married him and the childs fathers name is not on the birth certificate,she is the sole parent guardian.

joebloggs
10th January 2007, 12:03
hi,

I,ve just done the same, my wife and daughter have been in the UK nealry 2 yrs, and we have just applied and got a visa for her 17yr old son, who now has been in the uk for 3wks, also my wife had never married the father or his name was not on the birth cert, but we did get a letter from him stating he had not seen his son much, once a yr, sent him a little money a couple of ties a year, and he was happy for his son to come and live in the Uk

her son had to go for an interview. he asked a few questions about his father, and also if he was going to travel alone or would some one be with him on the plane. he was told to pick his passport up later that day with the visa

you have to show the british embassy there is little or no contact with the the father, and if possible a letter from the father giving 'consent' for the child to live in the UK, as on the immigration web site, the last thing the embassy wants is getting caught up in a tug of war for the child..

Louella
10th January 2007, 17:11
hi ping, my girlfriend has confirmed that she never married him and the childs fathers name is not on the birth certificate,she is the sole parent guardian.

Hello again Les,
Mabuhay! I'm glad to know about it & in that case, there will be no complication at all. Best wishes to you & your partner!

Louella

bentghie
12th January 2007, 22:31
Hej,,

Tell Your Fiancee To Go To Dswd And Ask For A Solo Parent Id,, She Can Use It For Travel Purposes Without Having Problems. Signature Of The Father Of The Child Is Not Necessary.

Louella
13th January 2007, 14:38
Hej,,

Tell Your Fiancee To Go To Dswd And Ask For A Solo Parent Id,, She Can Use It For Travel Purposes Without Having Problems. Signature Of The Father Of The Child Is Not Necessary.

Hello bentghie,
Mabuhay! My husband & i are planning to visit Philippines this year as soon as my daughter's visa will be granted & take her w/ us here. Although her biological father don't exist in her birth certificate, maybe i'm going to do your advice just to make sure everything runs smoothly. Thanks so much!

Louella

Les_lady888
4th August 2007, 12:36
hi,

you have to show the british embassy there is little or no contact with the the father, and if possible a letter from the father giving 'consent' for the child to live in the UK, as on the immigration web site, the last thing the embassy wants is getting caught up in a tug of war for the child..

I just would like to ask why is there a need to contact the child's father or secure a letter of consent from him to allow his son to go to UK when he has not ever communicated with his son?? My son has not seen his father ever. And if ever my bf from UK wants to take me and my son with him to UK, I dont see any reason why I should ever bother looking for my son's father just to secure a letter of consent from him...What for??? I don't even care nor want to know where he is now!!! Please enlighten me on this. Is this really necessary so my 9-year old son can come with us to UK?

joebloggs
4th August 2007, 13:23
I just would like to ask why is there a need to contact the child's father or secure a letter of consent from him to allow his son to go to UK when he has not ever communicated with his son?? My son has not seen his father ever. And if ever my bf from UK wants to take me and my son with him to UK, I dont see any reason why I should ever bother looking for my son's father just to secure a letter of consent from him...What for??? I don't even care nor want to know where he is now!!! Please enlighten me on this. Is this really necessary so my 9-year old son can come with us to UK?

I didn't say you have to, but it helps,you know some ex partners do talk to each other still, in the case of my stepson, who did have his bio father's name on his birth cert, but had no real contact, with his father til he was about 10 years old as his bio father lives in the USA, and after that saw him once a year and a few phone calls thru the year, my wife asked his bio father if he would write a letter of support/ consent which he did, and i'm sure it helped my stepson get a settlement visa.

and its not what you think that matters, its what the embassy think, is the bio father of your son named on his birth cert ? . if not i think you've got nothing to worry about if you can prove you have sole responsibility for the child , if he is then it might not be so easy, in your case its good he dosn't know his bio father, as if he gets called for an interview at the embassy then he just has to tell the truth. last thing the embassy want is to be involved in disputes between parents over children.

info on briniging a child to the uk is here.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018721067523

or ask your b/f to give IND a call, see what they say :Erm:

and good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Les_lady888
4th August 2007, 14:21
They haven't seen each other and his father's name not on his Birth Cert. My son is using my family name too from my father's. I am not married to his dad so do I really still have to get that letter of consent?? The idea of looking for his father just to get that letter of consent irritates me :\

joebloggs
4th August 2007, 16:54
no :xxgrinning--00xx3:

if his father is not named on his birth cert makes it a lot easier, as long as you have sole responsibilty for your son and you meet the other requirements listed in the link in my last post. you shouldn't have a problem. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

read about sole responsibilty here.
http://www.iasuk.org/module_images/Children%20(Jan%2006).pdf