PDA

View Full Version : Pinoy murderer who will die in UK jail

Dedworth
6th March 2010, 21:28
There was an article in yesterdays Express about killers serving life sentences who will never be released - it mentioned this ghastly fella Victor Castigador ......burnt two security guards to death

http://en.allexperts.com/e/v/v/v%C3%ADctor_castigador.htm

keithAngel
7th March 2010, 00:23
Punisher by name Punisher by nature

joebloggs
7th March 2010, 09:43
even though the European Court of Human Rights later ruled that whole life tariffs were unlawful if passed by a politician rather than a member of the judiciary.

:cwm23:, some unelected European judge telling an elected British Home Secretary what to do :crazy:

:action-smiley-081: the judge should be thinking about what he did and keeping him locked up. :NoNo:

aromulus
7th March 2010, 09:45
I suppose that there will be far more Brits in Philippine jails than the other way around...:NoNo:

joebloggs
7th March 2010, 10:01
I suppose that there will be far more Brits in Philippine jails than the other way around...:NoNo:

only guilty ones :rolleyes: you dont hear about these judges helping any brits ?? seems to me its just a court of criminal rights :NoNo:

dom how many times have you read about the court of human rights over ruling the british gov after it has tried to deport illegal immigrants ?

the british are known for the fair play, unlike most countries :NoNo:

aromulus
7th March 2010, 10:17
the british are known for the fair play,

Yeah, where has it gone then...???:Erm:

Where is my vote on the foxes gone...?
Where is my vote on Europe gone...?

Why am I watched by hundreds of cameras, every time I step out shopping...?

Why does it have to cost £5 extra to pay for your gas if you do it online by debit card, while it doesn't, if you sign up with direct debit...?

Why hang on to an innocent person's DNA for so many years...?

And so on, and on, and on...........And on..........:doh

joebloggs
7th March 2010, 10:27
Yeah, where has it gone then...???:Erm:

Where is my vote on the foxes gone...?
Where is my vote on Europe gone...?

Why am I watched by hundreds of cameras, every time I step out shopping...?

Why does it have to cost £5 extra to pay for your gas if you do it online by debit card, while it doesn't, if you sign up with direct debit...?

Why hang on to an innocent person's DNA for so many years...?

And so on, and on, and on...........And on..........:doh

why should people have a vote on fox hunting ? what about badger baiting, cock and dog fighting etc ?? :crazy: people think its ok in a civilised society

yes euro vote, where is mine :cwm23:

as for the camera's maybe you look shifty dom :D

it doesnt bother me if they hold my dna, i'm sure it will make some people think twice b4 committing a crime :rolleyes: and the crime rate will drop :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
7th March 2010, 10:48
That article raises a very interesting point with which I agree, "European Court of Human Rights (http://en.allexperts.com/e/e/eu/european_court_of_human_rights.htm) later ruled that whole life tariffs were unlawful if passed by a politician rather than a member of the judiciary". The trouble is that we are let down by the judiciary who, because they are all drawn from such a narrow social class, don't seem to live in the same world as the rest of us.

This is how things went totally wrong with the sentencing in the James Bulger case. The presiding judge set an 8 years minimum tarrif, which was then increased by the Lord Chief Justice of the day to 10 years. Then the home secretary of the day Michael Howard (for purely populist reasons in my opinion) increased it to 15 years which left the door open for a challenge in the European court of human rights.

They were initially sentenced to be detained at her majesty's pleasure with a recommendation that they should be kept in custody for "very, very many years to come", with an 8 years, increased to 10 years minimum tarrif and if Michael Howard hadn't of interfered they would have served at least 10 years instead of getting out after only 8 years once the ECHR had become involved.

joebloggs
7th March 2010, 11:34
This is how things went totally wrong with the sentencing in the James Bulger case. The presiding judge set an 8 years minimum tarrif, which was then increased by the Lord Chief Justice of the day to 10 years. Then the home secretary of the day Michael Howard (for purely populist reasons in my opinion) increased it to 15 years which left the door open for a challenge in the European court of human rights.

i would have thought that most people would want them to serve 15yrs minimum in prison and not 8yrs in some care home, for what they did to that little boy, imagine if it was your son ? 8yrs in a home , released back on the streets , and not serve one day in prison :NoNo:

yes the family of Bulger were let down by the justice system and the Court of human rights :cwm24:

IainBusby
7th March 2010, 12:03
i would have thought that most people would want them to serve 15yrs minimum in prison and not 8yrs in some care home, for what they did to that little boy, imagine if it was your son ? 8yrs in a home , released back on the streets , and not serve one day in prison :NoNo:

yes the family of Bulger were let down by the justice system and the Court of human rights :cwm24:

I agree with you with regard to how long they should have served, but I think that politicians should make law, I don't think that politicians should interfere with the workings of the law as this can lead to decisions being made because of the popularity, or lack of it, of the government of the day or to further that particular politicians future ambitions.

I think that what is needed is a court panel made up of a wide range of people from different walks of life, along with maybe a couple of barristers and a judge to act in an advisory capacity only. Then if some judge from another planet passes down a ludicrously short sentence for a crime that most sensible people would have thought should have been much longer, or visa-versa, should have been shorter, then the case would be forwarded to this panel for a final ruling.

As I said, it's the judges that are at fault because they just don't live in the same world as the common man.

Dedworth
7th March 2010, 14:23
That article raises a very interesting point with which I agree, "European Court of Human Rights (http://en.allexperts.com/e/e/eu/european_court_of_human_rights.htm) later ruled that whole life tariffs were unlawful if passed by a politician rather than a member of the judiciary". The trouble is that we are let down by the judiciary who, because they are all drawn from such a narrow social class, don't seem to live in the same world as the rest of us.

They were initially sentenced to be detained at her majesty's pleasure with a recommendation that they should be kept in custody for "very, very many years to come", with an 8 years, increased to 10 years minimum tarrif and if Michael Howard hadn't of interfered they would have served at least 10 years instead of getting out after only 8 years once the ECHR had become involved.

IMHO European Court of Human Rights should leave us to deal how we see fit with murdering scum. Wouldn't be up for debate if murderers swung upon conviction http://forums.netphoria.org/images/smilies/dead.gif

joebloggs
7th March 2010, 14:26
sometimes the gov just ignores or delays taking action on their decision anyway :rolleyes:

IainBusby
7th March 2010, 14:41
IMHO European Court of Human Rights should leave us to deal how we see fit with murdering scum. Wouldn't be up for debate if murderers swung upon conviction http://forums.netphoria.org/images/smilies/dead.gif

There's only 2 choices really now that were all signed up to the European Union, it's laws and conventions, we either go along with their rulings or we get the hell out, but I don't believe any government will ever give us the choice on whether we stay in or get out and that applies both to future conservative goverments as well as future labour governments.

johncar54
7th March 2010, 16:30
There's only 2 choices really now that were all signed up to the European Union, it's laws and conventions, we either go along with their rulings or we get the hell out, but I don't believe any government will ever give us the choice on whether we stay in or get out and that applies both to future conservative goverments as well as future labour governments.

I do not see that the practical solution is to jump from the frying pan, but rather to get the EU rules changed so that countries can opt out of the parts of EU policy/practice which they do not agree with.

I see no reason why any country should be controlled by the other countries in the EU when in comes to what happens in that country. The criminal law being one such area.

UK and Ireland amongst others opted out of the Schengen Agreement so why not do the same on other matters which the populace don't agree with?

I think the biggest problem is that hardly anyone in UK has or would challenge their MP on such matters and thus it all get by on the nod. If almost 100% of the electorate voiced their objection to a particular policy there is no doubt it would be changed.

But expecting most Brits to do anything but whinge, is a bridge too far!