PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

anoxicblaze
6th January 2007, 18:35
Hi, Im new and have tried to look for answers to some of the questions i am about to post but couldnt find them quickly.

Okay so I have met a filipino girl via a dating site. We have chatted online and on the phone but not met each other yet.

I wanted to buy her a ticket so she could see england before she decided if she would like to live here for the rest of her life. My questions are..

1) Is it true that visit visas are almost impossible to get? A marriage visa seems a little extreme b4 she has even seen england for herself.

2) I became a freelance designer last month (ie self employed) but i see i would need 3 years of paper work under the self employed title to apply for a marriage visa. How does this work if i have only been self employed for one month?

3) Is it possible for her to go to uni in england and if so how is this achieved? how is it finasnced? i could get a loan for nyself..could she? could i get one on her behalf?

4) Is it possible for her to get a work visa or even use a loophole where i employ her myself?

5) Once a marriage visa is obtained can it be extended if we need more time? if so how long for?

6) Is there a credit check (of me) when applying for a marriage visa?

hope thats not too much

thanks

AB

baboyako
6th January 2007, 18:47
maybe you should go & meet her 1st? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

anoxicblaze
6th January 2007, 18:55
maybe you should go & meet her 1st? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Of course but she still needs to see england b4 moving here. So I still need some answers somehow.

walesrob
6th January 2007, 19:02
Hi, Im new and have tried to look for answers to some of the questions i am about to post but couldnt find them quickly.

Okay so I have met a filipino girl via a dating site. We have chatted online and on the phone but not met each other yet.

I wanted to buy her a ticket so she could see england before she decided if she would like to live here for the rest of her life. My questions are..

1) Is it true that visit visas are almost impossible to get? A marriage visa seems a little extreme b4 she has even seen england for herself.

2) I became a freelance designer last month (ie self employed) but i see i would need 3 years of paper work under the self employed title to apply for a marriage visa. How does this work if i have only been self employed for one month?

3) Is it possible for her to go to uni in england and if so how is this achieved? how is it finasnced? i could get a loan for nyself..could she? could i get one on her behalf?

4) Is it possible for her to get a work visa or even use a loophole where i employ her myself?

5) Once a marriage visa is obtained can it be extended if we need more time? if so how long for?

6) Is there a credit check (of me) when applying for a marriage visa?

hope thats not too much

thanks

AB

AB,

Welcome to the forum. Wow thats some questions you asked!

1) Tourist Visas are very difficult to come by unless your girl is very rich.
2) Thats a new one on me - Pete, you heard of this requirement? As long as you can prove you earn enough money to live and look after your lady, I'm sure thats all they need to know.
3) She can certainly go to Uni in England as long as she has the appropriate Visa which leads me onto..
4) ...if she gets a work or study visa and you decide to get married while she is here in the UK, she will be breaking the conditions of that study visa, and she will have to return to the Philippines to make a fresh application for a spouse visa or fiance visa.
5) Spouse or marraige Visa valid for 2 years, after which Indefinite Leave to Remain must be applied for if she is to remain in the UK. After 1 year of ILR, she can apply for naturalisation.
6) No

Hope this answers your question, but to be bluntly honest, you need to meet her a few times first before making ANY plans for the future.

andypaul
7th January 2007, 00:06
Of course but she still needs to see england b4 moving here. So I still need some answers somehow.

In theroy thats what the finacee visa is about ie come over to the uk and have six months to get married. But in this time she would not be able to work untill married and her visa changed to flr status.

Basically a young un married fillipina with out money and propety will find it hard to get a vistor visa to the UK.
Also its very tough even for experienced highly qualified phills to obtain a work visa in the UK.
as a job advertised in the UK must first be offered ro british nationals, eu based persons and then people from the rest of the world.

Please dont think we are being hard on you both we are just passing on the infomation we have all gleaned from our own experiences.

anoxicblaze
7th January 2007, 04:35
There is also this big problem..
Her parents house, the house she grew up in, is about to be repossessed (in 12 months) as a direct result of her fathers business which went under a few years ago. She wanted to work in england for a year so she could send them the £7000 they require to save the house. A real problem. You dont need me to tell you that it would take longer than a year to save that amount of money in the philippines.

I have my own business. I was wondering if I could employ her (though I dont need her in reality..and cant afford staff) just so she could get the work visa. Then she can work elsewhere. Does that work?

If not is there any info on how to get a study visa and the financial pitfalls of that/how to get a student loan etc. I would presume that on a student visa she can also work part time like most students. She is studying over there at the moment and extremely bright..which helps.

A_flyer
7th January 2007, 08:21
About foreign employment, there is a rule in European Union. If you want to employ a foreign person and get a work visa, you have to use first someone from EU (there are 27 countries now!), and if it's someone outside from EU (it's your case) you have to demonstrate that the job can't be done by one person of these 27 countries... If this person is a regular resident, it's different.
So it's very hard now for a Filipina to get a work visa...

anoxicblaze
7th January 2007, 09:46
this is very bad news

KeithD
7th January 2007, 10:16
I have my own business. I was wondering if I could employ her (though I dont need her in reality..and cant afford staff) just so she could get the work visa. Then she can work elsewhere. Does that work?

If not is there any info on how to get a study visa and the financial pitfalls of that/how to get a student loan etc. I would presume that on a student visa she can also work part time like most students. She is studying over there at the moment and extremely bright..which helps.

You can legally employ her 2 years after her arrival, otherwise it'll be cash in hand, and don't get caught as the goverment will screw you & your company.

Being a student is a no-no, unless she's paying, and very unlikely from the Phils, unless she's going completely private, which costs a lot of money. £10,000's.

Your simple answer is;

There house is gone unless you pay yourself. That's life. You can build another for £3000-£5000. Arrange to give the fiancee/wife an allowance per week, for her spends only. Loaning the family money, and having the fiancee work with you to pay it off, puts instant strain on a relationship. Biggest Brit/Phil failure reason is MONEY.

You need to meet her in the Phil, and get lots of evidence of meeting.

Apply for a Fiancee Visa, she can then have 5 months here before you marry, although I know of no Filipina who have gone home because they don't like Britain.

They are your only options......apart from dump here and find someone without any problems.....1000's of them around.

KeithD
7th January 2007, 10:17
this is very bad news
No it isn't, it's the way we've all done it.

jonnijon
7th January 2007, 12:05
I smell £7000 rats here

walesrob
7th January 2007, 13:06
I smell £7000 rats here

While we shouldn't be judging people so soon, I think that we all agree that you, AB, should go and see her a few times, and forget bringing her over to the UK on any Tourist, Work or Student Visa until you know each better.

As for her family losing their house, it happens, and its certainly not your job to find the money, nor is it up to you to give her a job on that basis. For a girl you haven't met to start telling you stories about they need 7000£ by next year is not a good sign in my books - its classic signs of a "scammer", BUT like I said I hope you can prove me wrong otherwise.

anoxicblaze
7th January 2007, 14:34
i don't get the scam comments. I am not giving her any money, never have. She wants to work for it. Is the story so hard to believe? It's happened to me too. I got into a lot of debt myself once. She was well aware from day one that I wasn't a rich business man..I'm just a freelance designer. I dont even have my own house or a car! Why would she bother trying to con somebody who wouldn't and can't give her money? She would move on to the next victim surely. But I can at least see why you would warn me..I'm sure it happens. However...I think the 'dump her and find someone with no problems..plenty of them about' is a shocking comment. And what is 'them'? Sex slaves? Asian trophy wives? Maids? She is not a mail order bride. A very sexist and racist comment. Unlike some I have a heart and like to help people in distress even if it is inconveniant for me.
I am not interested in her because she is filipino..she just happens to be filipino. And I don't dump people when they need me the most. She is not for sale and I don't want a refund or to exchange her for a better model 'without problems'.

Shakes his head.

walesrob
7th January 2007, 17:15
Ok, look we're all getting a bit off track here.

This is how I see the situation, and please forgive my ignorance.

You have only seen her online via chat, text message or email, you haven't met her yet, yet she is already talking about her fathers house being re-possessed and how SHE needs to earn the money to pay for it. Which is fair enough - many Filipina's work abroad and send money home for their family - the BBC reckoned there is as many as 8 million.

BUT, what surprises me is that she is telling you this NOW. Filipina's by nature are very shy; they won't tell you stuff like this until you meet them at least. Its not in their culture to reveal their deepest thoughts or fears to complete strangers unless she knows them well - I'm sure female members of this forum will confirm this.

You may think we're being harsh on you, but we've all been there, done it, and believe me when I say, you really should meet her first before you decide anything, and apart from that, you will need evidence built up for any visa. You may get more replies to this thread, if so, take note of what they are saying and don't dismiss it out of hand because it doesn't suit you. People on this forum are only trying to help you, we're not judging you.

Good luck.

KeithD
7th January 2007, 18:22
Where does she access the computer? Have you traced the IP while she is online? Have you checked her address on Google & Google Earth, and searched for her email/details etc. Scammers usually make a mistake if you look deep enough.

It's also considered not really the right thing to do bringing a girl here, without the man going there first. And unless you have been, you may find it difficult getting any visa.

A lot of folk thank us for being blunt on here, as love can lead you down a one way tunnel. We make sure folk realise what is going on in the real world, like it or not.

It will take months to build up the evidence to even apply for a visa. 3 at the very least, and a visit to the Phil.

ervenescence
7th January 2007, 18:42
People here were trying to help you, we are not being judgemental, I think you're queries has been answered by our friends here, just listen because they are more experienced with regards to this matter. Your girl's novel is not unusual at all in this online chat business thing, maybe this is your first time to have encounter this and you got hooked easily by this pity copy and phase scripted making stories. But yes, unfortunately this is true, some of this filipina are doing this for the sake of money, telling lies and pretending of how they crawl in mud and their house was on fire, and thier cousin got bitten by snake, and they couldn't finished their studies because their parents are on debt. Imagine how intelligent they are to come all of this stupidity, and how it affect to the rest of us filipinas. Shame.
So, shes telling you of how she needs £7000 to save their house. She didn't asked but it seems that shes been hinting you that she desperately need it. But what if that you are not the only person that shes been telling with this the same old rotten stories online, maybe she's got one from america, germany, etc? whos next?
If you really want to get her and see hows Englands like, go visit and know her better. At least you can tell yourself of how genuine she is, and get her a suitable visa.

Goodluck mate :)

francesca
7th January 2007, 19:17
most people asking help, has already preconcieved ideas on what they should do.
But they still want some confirmations that what they are thinking is right.
When someone oppose what they think about a problem, then the one answers the problem becomes the baddie.

Let anoxicblaze deal with his problem. Walesrob and some members gave him their views, its still him to decide what he wants to do with his life.

I view the matter as: desperation of a filipina to have money to have the house of her family be solved.either she work to get that money, any work, of find a rich husband.

7000£ is sure a lot of money. My frenchman was scared...
Im scared meeting people desperate of huge amount of money.

KeithD
7th January 2007, 20:45
of find a rich husband.

This means anyone in the West....working or not.

Jay&Zobel
9th January 2007, 23:31
Ok, look we're all getting a bit off track here.

BUT, what surprises me is that she is telling you this NOW. Filipina's by nature are very shy; they won't tell you stuff like this until you meet them at least. Its not in their culture to reveal their deepest thoughts or fears to complete strangers unless she knows them well - I'm sure female members of this forum will confirm this.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
You may think we're being harsh on you, but we've all been there, done it, and believe me when I say, you really should meet her first before you decide anything, and apart from that, you will need evidence built up for any visa. You may get more replies to this thread, if so, take note of what they are saying and don't dismiss it out of hand because it doesn't suit you. People on this forum are only trying to help you, we're not judging you.

Good luck.

yep very true...

but its up to you//
... take a deep breath, pray and listen what your heart tells you

baboyako
9th January 2007, 23:40
well there is a lot of talk :furious3: going on here.

i suggest you meet her asap to judge the lie of the land..:cwm38:

Jay&Zobel
9th January 2007, 23:46
well there is a lot of talk :furious3: going on here.

i suggest you meet her asap to judge the lie of the land..:cwm38:

hehe yup

ginapeterb
10th January 2007, 13:08
AB

Others have alluded to this (Rob thanks for the invite into this thread), my advice to you, is to slow down a little and take stock of your situation, firstly address each issue you face before talking about your girl coming to UK to work and send her parents money to save the house they are about to have foreclosed.

The Chances are, you will not be able to help her out in this predicament in the short term, what will happen will happen, firstly, it concerns me that some girl that lets be honest, you have not met as yet, is concerned with coming to UK to work so that she can get together 7 grand to send for them, its not in my view a great start to a relationship.

The other point that Rob and others have made, is that as yet you have not formally met this lady, your first task then is to do so, that will involve you in considerable costs, you also mention recently starting in self employment, if you have only been running abusiness for 1 month, this is insufficient to show entry clearance officers that you could support a foreign national with recourse to public funds.

It is likely that if that is all the financial evidence you would supply, your girls application would be refused, my advice stands, dont try that one as yet.

If however you were previously employed, and have a good history of work, with payslips, then I see no reason why you cant use those, you only have to satisfy entry clearance officers that your girl will not represent a burden on the state.

Thirdly, you mention having your girl come over to UK to see if she likes it on a tourist visa ?

So lets assume she gets granted a tourist visa, not impossible, but hardly likely, for reasons you will find in other threads on this forum, if you use as Keith has suggested to others the search function, so lets asume she is lucky enough to get one, what happens if she says "I dont like it in UK" "I want to go home" ? so what happens then, does she go back and you stay here in UK, I promise you, that can work, but rarely does, some Filipinas try that one, and have their foreign BF sending money, thats all very well for her, but for you, its not worth having a GF 6000 miles away, it serves no purpose, she would have to have compelling reasons to return home at the end of a 6 month tourist visa, most probably have at least 3000 US Dollars in her account, and a good employed position in the Philippines.

You could have her apply for a fiancee visa, but as others have said, you must marry within 6 months, if you decide not to marry, she can overstay of course, many on tourist visas, do exactly that, we cannot condone that on this forum, since those on fiancee visas, have no need of being overstayers, since they came to get married anyway.

As for employing her in your business, Keith is right you could do so, but not on the basis of a work permit, your GF is not from the EU, so thats out of the question, as Keith quite rightly points out, she could be employed by you, but only cash in hand, as during first 6 months of any fiancee visa, she is not entitled to work, only when she is granted FLR, she can then work.

You have alot to think about, not least, her predicament of having her parents foreclosed, extrajudicially from their home, which I presume is on in house financing or bank financing or something similar to that, that is a big peice of baggage you do not need in your relationship.

My advice to you is to think very carefully about your ladies motives for wanting to come to UK, if it simply to make money, reading between the lines, that appears to me to be a very significant factor, and it wont go away, it will be come a source of conflict for you and she.

Best wishes.

I always tell it as it is....shoot me if you want.

KeithD
10th January 2007, 15:10
AB
.....shoot me if you want.
We tried that once......how the hell he missed you I'll never know.....:yikes: :icon_lol: