PDA

View Full Version : VISA check list

ukalan
1st March 2010, 10:29
Im finding this process really hard. It says you need a "signed check list" who signs it and where do you get that done?
Does everyone need a medical to apply for a visa for UK my fiance seems to believe she must get this in Manila only? Surely if IT IS REQUIRED?? THEN she can get it any where?
Will it still cost rediculous ammounts of money to bring the 2 children over a few months after my fiance arrives?

abby
1st March 2010, 10:36
hi ukalan,

you can download the checklist online, your fiancee need it when she will submit her application and need to affix her signature at the bottom.

she doesnt need a medical exam before applying for the fiancee visa. she only needs an xray before entering UK or she can have it done in the UK airport but i recommend to do it in the Philippines for hassle free..

with the children i dont have any idea about it, wait for the response of the other members for sure they will.

Hope it helps..

justchecking
1st March 2010, 10:48
the checklist is signed by the applicant and the VFS official at the time of submission - you both agree to what is being submitted and what is original - print off and take it with you

Do you really need an x-ray to get in to the UK - where does it say that on any of the paperwork?

abby
1st March 2010, 11:14
yes definitely based on my experience!!!

i came over October 2009, before you finally enter UK the immigration officer will tell you to see the doctor for the x ray exam...

MarBell379
1st March 2010, 13:07
No XRay or medical was requested or required when my fiancee arrived in October.

joebloggs
1st March 2010, 14:10
Will it still cost rediculous ammounts of money to bring the 2 children over a few months after my fiance arrives?

are they your fiances children ? if so
they will need a visa to join her, and fee is the same one you paid for your fiance * 2 :doh

dave63
1st March 2010, 18:09
Im finding this process really hard. It says you need a "signed check list" who signs it and where do you get that done?
Does everyone need a medical to apply for a visa for UK my fiance seems to believe she must get this in Manila only? Surely if IT IS REQUIRED?? THEN she can get it any where?
Try this link for checklist http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/checklist.aspx as for x-ray? Ihave not read anywhere that one is required. My wife is coming here on Sunday if she gets asked I will let you know.

lyka
2nd March 2010, 09:37
better to get x ray,i arrived last feb 15 and they asked me.

abby
2nd March 2010, 09:48
i think it depends where airport are you going.. Heathrow is strict, i guess....

Bluebirdjones
2nd March 2010, 09:56
... this has been posted/addressed a number of times on the forum..
... but basically ....

The Philippines is a TB-infected area, so officially any long-term visitors / immigrants
that arrive in the UK should be tested for TB.
This can either take the form of ...
1. Being asked at the point of entry for a valid X-Ray, confirming absence of TB
2. Being asked to submit to an X-Ray at the point of entry
3. Your details being taken, and a requirement for the entrant to have a test via
their local GP.

In practice, it really depends on who interviews you on arrival.... with many immigration
officers not even asking, or raising the topic.

Hope this clarifies (once again)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

justchecking
2nd March 2010, 11:50
Thanks for that clarification on the x-ray - very useful to be aware!

sparky
2nd March 2010, 18:48
when my thai ex got her fiance visa a few years ago the TB xray was a compulsory part of the visa process

but as i understand it its not for filipinos unless that has changed in the very recent past

if you go to the UK immigration website it states which countries you will need TB screening from

the Philippines is not one of them
(thailand cambodia and Laos are however )

here is the excert

Applicants for UK visas valid for longer than six months in certain countries now require a certificate to show that they are free from infectious pulmonary tuberculosis (TB).
The Government has implemented a programme to screen people applying to enter the UK for more than six months for tuberculosis. The initiative is part of the Government's Five Year Strategy for Asylum and Immigration. Testing has begun in the following countries:
Bangladesh,
Ghana (which also takes applications from Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Togo and Niger ),
Kenya (which also take applications from residents of Eritrea, Somalia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Uganda (visitor applications) and Tanzania),
Pakistan,
Sudan, and
Thailand (which also takes applications from Cambodia and Laos).

ukalan
2nd March 2010, 19:05
are they your fiances children ? if so
they will need a visa to join her, and fee is the same one you paid for your fiance * 2 :doh

They are but we wont be applying for their visas at the same time as hers. Does that effect the outcome any or the price?