PDA

View Full Version : Quick update after visiting ukvacs

fontain
4th January 2007, 01:46
Hi all,

Its been a while since I was on as have only just returned from extended vacation in the beautiful (and very hot) Phils

Whilst there my fiancee and I went to UKVACS to apply for a fiancee visa.

As she had recently already been issued a tourist visa in September (for 1 month) and returned home on time, we only took additional up to date docs with us rather than everything that had already submitted (which were obviously deemed ok) and asked them to reference our previous application.

Well after being told to wait outside the offices in the waiting area (holding pen) I was called in as they were giving my girl some grief.
It turns out that they cannot be 100% sure that our friends at the Embassy will reference a previous (successful) application.

Contempt?, utter disbelief?, filing systems???, cue 5 minutes of arguing with them and the frankly shambolic service they supposedly offer.

:furious3:

But after counting to 100 and to be safe I took everything back and told my girl that we should provide everything again just so that they have no reason to refuse

So this just to let people know that even if you've had a successful tourist app in the past everything you submitted is as good a worthless when it comes to applying again so make sure she has multiple copies of everything or you will have to collate everything again

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this b4???

Anyway now we will give them everything plus the kitchen sink and taps too and lets hope they drown under the paperwork

If only she was romanian :bigcry:

KeithD
4th January 2007, 10:03
and told my girl that we should provide everything again just so that they have no reason to refuse

You should ALWAYS supply 110% with a Fiancee application. It has bugger all to do with anything that went on before, it is a single entity. We have told folk this numerous times on this forum. Research & some work saves aggravation later.

eljean
4th January 2007, 14:59
Always follow instructions......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ginapeterb
4th January 2007, 18:00
Hi all,

Its been a while since I was on as have only just returned from extended vacation in the beautiful (and very hot) Phils

Whilst there my fiancee and I went to UKVACS to apply for a fiancee visa.

As she had recently already been issued a tourist visa in September (for 1 month) and returned home on time, we only took additional up to date docs with us rather than everything that had already submitted (which were obviously deemed ok) and asked them to reference our previous application.

Well after being told to wait outside the offices in the waiting area (holding pen) I was called in as they were giving my girl some grief.
It turns out that they cannot be 100% sure that our friends at the Embassy will reference a previous (successful) application.

Contempt?, utter disbelief?, filing systems???, cue 5 minutes of arguing with them and the frankly shambolic service they supposedly offer.

:furious3:

But after counting to 100 and to be safe I took everything back and told my girl that we should provide everything again just so that they have no reason to refuse

So this just to let people know that even if you've had a successful tourist app in the past everything you submitted is as good a worthless when it comes to applying again so make sure she has multiple copies of everything or you will have to collate everything again

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this b4???

Anyway now we will give them everything plus the kitchen sink and taps too and lets hope they drown under the paperwork

If only she was romanian :bigcry:

Fontain, I have some sympathy with the points you raised, after all, if you had a succesful tourist visa, you would expect them to reference a previous application, in theory, this is a great expectation.

As Keith says, in practice, nope it doesnt work, my best freind's wife also had a successful tourist visa to enter UK, and did stay for 6 months, she returned on time.

When it came to the spouse visa, she had to go through the same process with all new information, as Keith quite rightly points out, the visa's are 2 different situations, with a different set of rules.

But, dont despair, you should not have any problems, best of luck and let us know how that goes.

andypaul
4th January 2007, 20:53
Hope all goes well and like the others say don't give them any chance to deny you, as you put bombard them with any conceivable evidence you have. The courier when we submitted refused to take all my Wifes evidence as it was to much for the envelope supplied and had to half it.
Que my wife ringing up the old phone service and me firing off Emails to the Embassy on the bus to work. Which to their credit they replied to very quickly indeed and seemed to be shocked we had that much.

Would we do differently next time? No of course not from the expereinces of others i have seen how missing the slightist bit of evidence will have the ECO finger itching on the trigger.

Good luck to you both with the new application im sure it will all go well.

As your Fiancee as been checked allready it should not be a problem at all:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fontain
10th January 2007, 16:00
Hi all, thanks for the support.

Just to keep you updated, my fiancee applied on Monday and this time we provided everything again and then some !

All my financial stuff, accomodation etc etc and also all phonebills, receipts, plane tickets (singapore-london-Phils), emails, phone cards, pictures, going all the way back to the very start of our relationship.
I also included my last two years P60 as well, and pretty much anything else I could lay my hands on

She had a stack an inch thick, hopefully now we have left them no choice but to issue it

So now we just have to play the waiting game, as soon as I hear anything I will update the news

andypaul
10th January 2007, 19:38
Hi all, thanks for the support.

Just to keep you updated, my fiancee applied on Monday and this time we provided everything again and then some !

All my financial stuff, accomodation etc etc and also all phonebills, receipts, plane tickets (singapore-london-Phils), emails, phone cards, pictures, going all the way back to the very start of our relationship.
I also included my last two years P60 as well, and pretty much anything else I could lay my hands on

She had a stack an inch thick, hopefully now we have left them no choice but to issue it

So now we just have to play the waiting game, as soon as I hear anything I will update the news

Sounds like you both did everything by the book:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hopefully your have some good news shortly.

Irelandken
15th January 2007, 19:34
"As she had recently already been issued a tourist visa in September (for 1 month) and returned home on time, we only took additional up to date docs with us rather than everything that had already submitted (which were obviously deemed ok) and asked them to reference our previous application.

It turns out that they cannot be 100% sure that our friends at the Embassy will reference a previous (successful) application."

When Josephine made her application for settlement in manila we referenced a previous tourist application that had actually been refused at the time, and supplied them with the reference number etc. This tourist application had actually been made in morocco where we met originally, and although it took a few minutes at the interview in philippines, the eco was able to find the record in the database without much problem. This he took as further proof of relationship so it was in fact a good help. Sounds like once again UK Vacs aren't really sure what goes on..

andypaul
15th January 2007, 20:38
"As she had recently already been issued a tourist visa in September (for 1 month) and returned home on time, we only took additional up to date docs with us rather than everything that had already submitted (which were obviously deemed ok) and asked them to reference our previous application.

It turns out that they cannot be 100% sure that our friends at the Embassy will reference a previous (successful) application."

When Josephine made her application for settlement in manila we referenced a previous tourist application that had actually been refused at the time, and supplied them with the reference number etc. This tourist application had actually been made in morocco where we met originally, and although it took a few minutes at the interview in philippines, the eco was able to find the record in the database without much problem. This he took as further proof of relationship so it was in fact a good help. Sounds like once again UK Vacs aren't really sure what goes on..

A lot of the interactions with the embassy do seem to be picking someone who can be bothered that day, morning, moment of time or is aware/trained.

fontain
8th February 2007, 11:57
Hi all, just started a new job so not had much chance to visit lately but this is just an update on our situation

My fiancee submitted hers by hand to UKVACS on the 8th of Jan and as of today its now showing on UKVACS tracker as dispatched, so thats one month to the day!

Hopefully it will turn up tomorrow and as soon as it does will let you know the result

I'm bricking it a bit now but nowhere near as much as her, I just hope it turns up tomorrow otherwise we will be edge all weekend

And of course I hope its good news

So is snow in London a good sign????
I hope so

Thanks for all the help & advice that got us to this stage and now I just pray that lady luck is on our side

timandjudith
8th February 2007, 15:46
Hi Fontain,

We are all keeping our fingers crossed for you. I,m sure its going to be good news! Make sure you buy lots of warm clothes!

Good luck!

Tim and Judith

andypaul
8th February 2007, 20:48
Fingers crossed for you both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger@tigress
8th February 2007, 23:17
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
8th February 2007, 23:58
I hope its good news. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Good luck

fontain
9th February 2007, 12:08
GOOD NEWS !!!!!!

My girl has received her application back & has been issued a fiancee visa.... no Interview
:Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

So exactly one month from applying @ UKVACS to her door

What a way to start a Friday, very happy as you can imagine !

Wanna say a big thanks to Keith & Pete for their respective sites and advice and for the selfless effort they put in to help guys & gals like us and also to everyone and anyone thats given me advice and encouragement over the past year.

Its a weight off our shoulders and life is sweet!

So heres the proof that with the right circumstances and a bit of persistance, in less than one year we have met & begun a relationship (feb06 Singapore), visited each other 3 times since our initial meeting (Sing again/London/Phils), applied for and received a fiancee visa and now she will be here within the next two weeks.

So good luck to all that are in the process, and to anyone who is heading down that route.

Its been hard at times, frustrating even but you cant choose what path ya lifes genna take and the way I feel this morning its worth every bit of grief we have encountered along the way.

One word of warning though fellas, dating one of these wonderful ladies are an expensive hobby :omg:
But when/if you get the good news its worth every penny.

My girl had money of her own, so I never gave her an allowance as such, just a nice treat now and again but I'd put my spend for the year at approximately £6000.00 and thats a conservative guess not including my "spending" money on vacations and misc expenses.

That figures just Phonecalls, pcards, air fares, ring, visa apps, gifts, hotels etc etc
Things I can roughly account for.

So there you have it, thanks again to all and have a fantastic day !!!

KeithD
9th February 2007, 15:30
:huepfen024: :huepfen024: :huepfen024: :huepfen024: :huepfen024:

IainBusby
9th February 2007, 22:30
Congratulations to you both.

Louella & Iain :xxparty-smiley-050: :Hellooo: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger@tigress
9th February 2007, 23:04
:Hellooo: :Hellooo: Congrats im next :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

empott
10th February 2007, 03:01
Wow! Congratulations to u both.:xxgrinning--00xx3: Have a good life together in UK. God Bless

fontain
12th February 2007, 23:04
Thanks all...... :Rasp:

Good luck Tigress, hopefully you will be next and they wont keep you waiting 2 long :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger@tigress
12th February 2007, 23:15
Thanks all...... :Rasp:

Good luck Tigress, hopefully you will be next and they wont keep you waiting 2 long :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank u we need that! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
15th February 2007, 09:19
GOOD NEWS !!!!!!

My girl has received her application back & has been issued a fiancee visa.... no Interview
:Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

So exactly one month from applying @ UKVACS to her door

What a way to start a Friday, very happy as you can imagine !

Wanna say a big thanks to Keith & Pete for their respective sites and advice and for the selfless effort they put in to help guys & gals like us and also to everyone and anyone thats given me advice and encouragement over the past year.

Its a weight off our shoulders and life is sweet!

So heres the proof that with the right circumstances and a bit of persistance, in less than one year we have met & begun a relationship (feb06 Singapore), visited each other 3 times since our initial meeting (Sing again/London/Phils), applied for and received a fiancee visa and now she will be here within the next two weeks.

So good luck to all that are in the process, and to anyone who is heading down that route.

Its been hard at times, frustrating even but you cant choose what path ya lifes genna take and the way I feel this morning its worth every bit of grief we have encountered along the way.

One word of warning though fellas, dating one of these wonderful ladies are an expensive hobby :omg:
But when/if you get the good news its worth every penny.

My girl had money of her own, so I never gave her an allowance as such, just a nice treat now and again but I'd put my spend for the year at approximately £6000.00 and thats a conservative guess not including my "spending" money on vacations and misc expenses.

That figures just Phonecalls, pcards, air fares, ring, visa apps, gifts, hotels etc etc
Things I can roughly account for.

So there you have it, thanks again to all and have a fantastic day !!!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: thats good news indeed:D well,goodluck to you and to your fiancee.may life brings you and your girl joy and so much happiness.from my hubby and me

fontain
22nd February 2007, 14:07
Thanks !

She arrives next Friday morning........ getting excited now :D

mike1
22nd February 2007, 18:06
wish you both the best fo the future

tiger@tigress
23rd February 2007, 04:47
Thanks !

She arrives next Friday morning........ getting excited now :D

I'm so happy for your both.... i Pray mine will be next and exactly same as you one month without interview...:Hellooo: :Hellooo: still nervous....

fontain
23rd February 2007, 11:45
I am sure that as long as all your papers were correct you will not have any problems, and hopefully no interview,

Just a brand new shiny visa in your passport and then you should arrive just in time for summer, BBQ time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eljean
23rd February 2007, 13:24
congrats:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
23rd February 2007, 16:13
Yes. you are right...
Congrats and Goodluck to you both!!!

tiger@tigress
24th February 2007, 07:51
I am sure that as long as all your papers were correct you will not have any problems, and hopefully no interview,

Just a brand new shiny visa in your passport and then you should arrive just in time for summer, BBQ time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes Fontain its all complete..... thank u thank u:Hellooo: :Hellooo: