PDA

View Full Version : Bali bombers hiding in Philippines, official says

Win2Win
3rd January 2007, 21:42
AT least five members of the Jemaah Islamiah (JI) terrorist group, including two Bali bombers, are hiding with Muslim extremists in the southern Philippines, a military official said today.

More... (http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?rid=6305044&cat=0267775d6f1c3971)

KeithD
4th January 2007, 10:09
What the hell are they doing there? They are welcome in the UK any time.....free money.....free healthcare.....free house.....

walesrob
4th January 2007, 11:54
What the hell are they doing there? They are welcome in the UK any time.....free money.....free healthcare.....free house.....

Its a fact now that we are a "global economy" and the movement of people around the world is far greater than it used to be, and cheaper too. I think we just have to accept the situation and deal with it.

I've been following the news in Malta regarding the flood of illegal immigrants. Some facts for you: Malta is a tiny island on the edge of the European Union, with a population of about 370,000 and a size of 25 miles by 10, where space is severly limited (I believe Malta has one the highest population density on earth), with no natural resources of its own, yet it has to cope with 1000's of illegal immigrants every year mainly from North Africa.

joebloggs
4th January 2007, 14:33
talking about being crowded, you canrt even do a :action-smiley-081: on a coach no more !!!

the UK IS 4TH in the world at :icon_win: ....

Seven out of 10 people believe that Britain is already overcrowded. [YouGov poll, April 2006]. The UK (with a total population estimated at 60.5 million in 2006) is made up of four constituent countries - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Britain comprises England, Scotland and Wales. England's population alone reached 50 million in 2005, making it the fourth-most densely populated country in the world with a staggering 998 inhabitants per square mile, if small island and city-states are excluded - even more crowded than Japan

http://www.optimumpopulation.org/opt.toomany.uk.html

walesrob
4th January 2007, 17:37
According to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

Uk has 246 people per km (except here in Wales, its about 5 per km :D)
Philippines is slightly higher at 277 per km

No surprise, Hong Kong and Singapore are 3rd and 4th in population density, with 6,500 per km :omg: Blimey thats crowded!

Its interesting how Greenland only has 0.02 people per km...how can you get 0.02 of a person - toes or little fingers? :Rasp:

joebloggs
5th January 2007, 14:29
maybe santa's elves are not counted as a whole person, thats discrimination...

talking about elfs and small people, i was shocked to see a job advert for a shop worker while on one of my trips to the philippines, it stated you had to be taller than 5ft 2inches !!:furious3:

also i went to some theme park, think was on Palawan, and the sign said Filipinos xx pesos, and Foreigners xx pesos, for foreigners the price was double.. ! :bigcry:

never mind rip off britain, rip off pinoyland :angry: