PDA

View Full Version : Racist or just having a laugh?

triple5
24th February 2010, 14:10
Now that common sense has been eradicated from Briitain, it seems the PC brigade now have humour on their hitlist :doh

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8533791.stm

aromulus
24th February 2010, 14:12
Now that common sense has been eradicated from Briitain, it seems the PC brigade now have humour on their hitlist :doh

Yeah, well.....:doh

joebloggs
24th February 2010, 14:15

well the 'anyone but chelsea' t shirts are doing well up norf :D

johncar54
24th February 2010, 14:19
I am just surprised that the authorities seem to interested in someone who MIGHT be racist against indigenous white English. Certainly makes a change from what I have seen.

On a SLIGHTLY more serious note:

Why is it that some, maybe many, Scots in fact do support anyone who plays anything against England ? I think for the most part the English would support a Scottish, Welsh or Irish team playing another nation.

aromulus
24th February 2010, 14:34
I am just surprised that the authorities seem to interested in someone who MIGHT be racist against indigenous white English. Certainly makes a change from what I have seen.

On a SLIGHTLY more serious note:

Why is it that some, maybe many, Scots in fact do support anyone who plays anything against England ? I think for the most part the English would support a Scottish, Welsh or Irish team playing another nation.

Some of the resentment I witnessed, stems from the fact that England screwed Scotland, Wales and Ireland for hundreds of years..:doh

triple5
24th February 2010, 16:00
I've never screwed anybody from Scotland, Wales or Ireland :D

Bluebirdjones
24th February 2010, 16:03
... I think you live in a cocooned world (... and I'm aware of your previous employ).

I may be British (and proud of it)..... but I,m not English & certainly have NO desire,
or feel any compulsion to support their sporting "ambitions".

... perhaps it derives from the fact that the media (..hence the general public), feel
that winning the World Cup is a God-given right of the English team.

...... but they ain't good/professional enough !

aromulus
24th February 2010, 16:14

... perhaps it derives from the fact that the media (..hence the general public), feel

And it seems that a foreigner is getting the best out of them...:rolleyes:

Fabio Capello is good, no doubts about that.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

But he is trying to work miracles with petulant primadonnas, and am not too sure wether he will manage to shape them into a proper team in time, and win something.:doh

At least his main brief has been achieved, and the further they progress in the competition, the more bonuses he earns....:D

triple5
24th February 2010, 16:26
But he is trying to work miracles with petulant primadonnas, and am not too sure wether he will manage to shape them into a proper team in time, and win something.

I thought they were looking very good as a team. Be interesting to see what effect the terry/bridge saga has on the squad.

johncar54
24th February 2010, 18:24
... I think you live in a cocooned world (... and I'm aware of your previous employ).

I may be British (and proud of it)..... but I,m not English & certainly have NO desire,

I was born in England, my father was English, my mother was N. Irish, my first wife was from Rep. of Ireland, I have lived in Spain 22 years and my wife of 4 years is Filipino. Former GF's included, Thai, Germans, French, Spanish, Scandinavians, American, S. African, and others, many of whom I might have married.

I don't think I have or do live in a cocooned world
and I'm aware of your previous employ I don't make it a secret but don't see that has much to do with anything and in any case, so far, that has represented only 42% of my life.

nigel
24th February 2010, 18:28
It's just a fun thing...let them sell the T-Shirts! Can I buy one?:rolleyes:

johncar54
24th February 2010, 18:39
Some of the resentment I witnessed, stems from the fact that England screwed Scotland, Wales and Ireland for hundreds of years..:doh

There's been quite a few Scots who have been pretty good at screwing the whole of the UK too, Gordon Brown being one of the present ones.

And if one wants to look at history, The Romans, Saxons, Vikings and the French did pretty well at screwing Britain too. Presently, if the UK media is to be believed, some of the latest newcomers are having a go too, before they return to their homelands in Europe.

And history depends quite often on from where you view it: The famous seafaring heroes who bravely fought the Spanish, are seen in Spain as pirates who stole Spanish gold. The Spanish are seen by South America as the plunderers of their gold.

But how far do we go back in history before we forget the past and live the present.

aromulus
24th February 2010, 19:21
The Romans

Hey, leave us out of it, mate....:doh

We came, we saw, and taught you lot how to dress properly with designer loin cloths.

We gave you proper toilets, central heating and gladiator fights, the latter which have deteriorated into useless games played by kicking animal bladders full of air, up and down a field...:doh

Nothing beats a drop or three of blood...:D

And best of all... Wine..:rolleyes:

triple5
24th February 2010, 21:39
We gave you proper toilets, central heating and gladiator fights, the latter which have deteriorated into useless games played by kicking animal bladders full of air, up and down a field...

I just had this great image of a lion chasing cashley cole round stamford bridge :D

keithAngel
24th February 2010, 22:28

We came, we saw, and taught you lot how to dress properly with designer loin cloths.

We gave you proper toilets, central heating and gladiator fights, the latter which have deteriorated into useless games played by kicking animal bladders full of air, up and down a field...:doh

Larks toungs:rolleyes:

Alan
25th February 2010, 12:46
"The public expect no less of us."

Absolute b******s!

Al.:)

Arthur Little
26th February 2010, 00:53
... the latter ... as far as I'M concerned ... "Slainte!" [pronounced 'Slanj'] ... :Beer:

les_taxi
26th February 2010, 01:58

Hmm i have heard this a few times from scots,that england fans seem to think we have a right to win the world cup!
Total b....... We dont think we have a right to win it but if you are in a world cup finals then of course it's your dream for your national team to win it.

That's all it is a dream,a hope that somehow we can win it or why else be there and for a small part of the competition til we get knocked out on penalties it's a great feeling and one of the few things that unites a lot of englishmen these days:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My cross of st george will be hanging from window and if it offends anyone they know where they can go:erotic4:

Yet if scotland,wales,n ireland or eire were there instead of england i would be watching them and willing them to do well:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
26th February 2010, 02:21
That's all it is a dream,a hope that somehow we can win it or why else be there and for a small part of the competition til we get knocked out on penalties it's a great feeling and one of the few things that unites a lot of englishmen these days:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your National team did it before, Les ... 44 years ago, admittedly - but ... they can do it AGAIN ... ! :football3:

My cross of st george will be hanging from window and if it offends anyone they know where they can go:erotic4:

Erotic? ... patriotic, :engflag: surely!

Yet if scotland,wales,n ireland or eire were there instead of england i would be watching them and willing them to do well:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:gp: ... I'm sure you WOULD!

somebody
27th February 2010, 21:51

Well you did also nick most of the gold, commit genocide, enslave thousands of people and supress the locals religions.

I guess thats why us Brits were so good at it later on we learned from the masters:D Shame we didn't carry on with the cusine:rolleyes: