PDA

View Full Version : Live - Saturday football

Win2Win
20th February 2010, 18:30
Rock bottom Portsmouth play Stoke in the late game in the Premier League, after Everton beat Manchester United, Chelsea win at Wolves, Arsenal see off Sunderland and West Ham ease past Hull.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/8523236.stm)

Dedworth
20th February 2010, 19:20
CFC 4 points clear :xxgrinning--00xx3:, Mancs spanked at Everton :D reports claim Shrek and Owen anonymous and Gobby Gary proves once again he's past it. Looking forward to MOTD tonight.

aromulus
20th February 2010, 19:40
CFC 4 points clear :xxgrinning--00xx3:, Mancs spanked at Everton :D reports claim Shrek and Owen anonymous and Gobby Gary proves once again he's past it. Looking forward to MOTD tonight.

Everton has the habit of spanking better teams occasionally...:NoNo:

joebloggs
20th February 2010, 20:43

never a truer word spoken dom :cwm24:

belfast_dude
20th February 2010, 21:14
i do not say this often....everton i love you...yee-haw....lol

aposhark
20th February 2010, 22:21
i do not say this often....everton i love you...yee-haw....lol

I would like to say that perhaps you have finally seen the light, but from your avatar pic, it looks as though you are still slightly in the dark........

aposhark
20th February 2010, 22:25

So am I.............

I wonder what Wayne felt when the masses of Blues were singing.

How do the teenagers say it these days?

Sweet !

aposhark
20th February 2010, 22:27

More frequently recently :)

aromulus
20th February 2010, 22:40
More frequently recently :)

Don't worry too much about it, mate, it is only a flash in the pan....:D

Everton will soon revert back to normalcy...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And by default.... obscurity...:Hellooo:

aposhark
20th February 2010, 23:18
Don't worry too much about it, mate, it is only a flash in the pan....:D

Everton will soon revert back to normalcy...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And by default.... obscurity...:Hellooo:

You wish :)

Dedworth
21st February 2010, 14:22
Straight after the game Ferguson uncharacteristically said Everton were the better team

Ferguson admitted after the loss: "We were well beaten, simple as that. We started the game well enough, but their goal galvanised them and gave them the incentive.

"You don't want to lose a goal so quickly after going in front, but the real effect showed in the second half when we were second best.

"I'm disappointed and the players are disappointed. They're human beings, they play for Manchester United and they don't like losing, but they've lost today.

"This is a bad result and, at this time of the year, we can't afford results like that. We hope others drop points and that's the way it's been going this season. Hopefully it turns out right again."

Once he's had a bit of time to think about it he comes out with one of his old favourite excuses "tiredness"

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson blamed his side's defeat by Everton on fatigue from their midweek Champions League win over AC Milan.

But Ferguson is confident United can bounce back and lift their title hopes by beating West Ham on Tuesday.

"We left something in Milan and there was tiredness in the team," Ferguson said after Saturday's 3-1 loss.

les_taxi
21st February 2010, 14:35

When you posted this I'm gussing you had not watched game:Erm:
Yes rooney was quiet true,and we were poor but neville was prob our best player and owen was only on at end of game.The worst 2 players were evans and carrick by a mile.:NoNo:

Dedworth
21st February 2010, 14:59
Yes rooney was quiet true,and we were poor but neville was prob our best player and owen was only on at end of game.The worst 2 players were evans and carrick by a mile.:NoNo:

You are right I'd not watched it. Saw the highlights on MOTD and read a few more write ups.

Neville is a spent force, no pace, when forward can't get back in time, torn apart by Donovan and Pienaar was wholly responsible for at least one of the goals. I hope Ferguson continues to play him :D

les_taxi
21st February 2010, 15:05
You are right I'd not watched it. Saw the highlights on MOTD and read a few more write ups.

Neville is a spent force, no pace, when forward can't get back in time, torn apart by Donovan and Pienaar was wholly responsible for at least one of the goals. I hope Ferguson continues to play him :D

Yes 20 mins of motd and thats you convinced.If you had seen the whole game you would realise that neville had a good game,but he is 35 now and towards the end of his very sucessful career.
None of the players in your team will come close to the honours he has won:erotic4:

Dedworth
21st February 2010, 15:16
Yes 20 mins of motd and thats you convinced.If you had seen the whole game you would realise that neville had a good game,but he is 35 now and towards the end of his very sucessful career.

That's the opposite view to most of the postings on the MUFC fans forums consensus is he's well past it. I guess he holds down a place cos he's rent a gob when Fergie wants to get something on the BBC, long may he continue plus his puerile on and off pitch antics towards opposition supporters :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
21st February 2010, 22:13

People go on about how United didn't play well.....
The simple truth was that, on the day, they were outplayed by Everton.

les_taxi
21st February 2010, 23:15
People go on about how United didn't play well.....
The simple truth was that, on the day, they were outplayed by Everton.

Yes I will agree with you Everton were easliy the better team on the day:angry: