PDA

View Full Version : can i have your help again plssssss..ty

reaandandrew
20th February 2010, 17:44
hello everyone this is rea and you've help us a lot with our visa application last time, im now here in scotland with andrew my husband for 2 months now its a great country but im missing the heat of the sun already and my loving family back in PI ofcourse..but anyway i wish to once again hear your advice and help for a friend whom i met here in edinburgh.. she's been living here for coming up to 5 years now, the fitst 3years she's on student visa and she was given a 2 years work visa after she graduated in University. her work visa will expire in november this year. my question is, is she eligible to apply for ILR already with her 5 year stay despite 3 years of it is under student visa? thank u in advance..:)

joebloggs
20th February 2010, 18:37
no i don't think so.
student visa and psw (which i think your friends has ) i think are only valid when applying under the 10yr legal stay rule..

and it's possible the 10yr route could end next yr :doh

so your friend should move to another visa type, tier 1 if she can, or marry someone b4 her visa expires .:rolleyes:

reaandandrew
20th February 2010, 20:09
thanks so much joe, you're always very helpful. :)

joebloggs
20th February 2010, 20:47
just realised your friend will need at least a masters degree to be able to apply for a tier 1 visa :doh thou this might change back to a degree soon :doh

has your friend a b/f here? and have they been living together at least 2yrs if she has ?

reaandandrew
20th February 2010, 21:16
no she doesnt have a british bf here... i think what she'll do is to study here again, probably masterals.. not quite sure though.. anyway, thanks really joe just thought ill ask u guys here as she's confuse on what to do.